HARDIN @ BUNA.. FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT.... WHO WINS?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter to me what kid didn't play whatever game, or who wasn't at full strength...u still put 11 on the field as the other team.

As far as Buna / Hardin....am taking the Cougars..defense has been pretty salty during district play and the offense is coming around---mainly due to lack of turnovers that plagued them earlier in the season..........and against EC.

Good Luck to both teams this coming Friday...

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="685892" timestamp="1256502898"]
It doesn't matter to me what kid didn't play whatever game, or who wasn't at full strength...u still put 11 on the field as the other team.

As far as Buna / Hardin....am taking the Cougars..defense has been pretty salty during district play and the offense is coming around---mainly due to lack of turnovers that plagued them earlier in the season..........and against EC.

Good Luck to both teams this coming Friday...
[/quote]

If that's the case it doesn't matter how many turnovers plagued them against ec...couldn't have been that our defense was good could it?

I wouldn't necessarily say the defense was that good---it wasn't because any terrific hits that the Cougars put the ball on the ground.  It's part of the game and EC capitalized on the big turnover in Cougar territory.

That game is over and done with...time to move on, finish the regular season, and get ready for the playoffs.  Good luck to EC, Anahuac, and Buna!!!

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="686066" timestamp="1256513798"]
I wouldn't necessarily say the defense was that good---it wasn't because any terrific hits that the Cougars put the ball on the ground.  It's part of the game and EC capitalized on the big turnover in Cougar territory.

That game is over and done with...time to move on, finish the regular season, and get ready for the playoffs.  Good luck to EC, Anahuac, and Buna!!!
[/quote]

So how is that any different than us having players out?

EC stepped up and made the plays when they needed to to pull out a hard fought victory over Buna.  They also played and inspired game against Anahuac that more than likely gives them a well deserved district championship.  Congrats on that. 

The Cougars weren't playing too well coming in to district play.  Coach Morgan and his staff have gotten the players in position to take the 3rd playoff spot with a victory over Hardin. 

In the previous post, all I was meaning is injuries, grades, etc. are part of the game.  You still have to put whatever the best 11 you feel you have at the time on the field and play the game scheduled.

Hopefully all will be at full strength come playoff time.

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="686101" timestamp="1256515167"]
EC stepped up and made the plays when they needed to to pull out a hard fought victory over Buna.  They also played and inspired game against Anahuac that more than likely gives them a well deserved district championship.  Congrats on that. 

The Cougars weren't playing too well coming in to district play.  Coach Morgan and his staff have gotten the players in position to take the 3rd playoff spot with a victory over Hardin. 

In the previous post, all I was meaning is injuries, grades, etc. are part of the game.  You still have to put whatever the best 11 you feel you have at the time on the field and play the game scheduled.

Hopefully all will be at full strength come playoff time.
[/quote]  Lets go Hornets, finish the regular season and get ready for the playoffs. Good luck to E.C., Anahuac and Hardin!!!  lol.    ;D                                                                                                           

[quote name="Abe Lincoln" post="686665" timestamp="1256578312"]
i don't understand how either of these teams have any chance at the playoffs this year.  both have pretty much sucked it up in a sub-par division.  it makes me sick.
[/quote]
I am amazed the hardin boys are still in the hunt to be honest, these kids that are still playing have gone thru more than most people should have to. The horrible accident with Pate then the Comeaux kid being pulled from his burning car at Pate's viewing and being life flighted in front of their eyes, then it was the davis kid blowing his knee out at the first game, then Villemez went down with the ankle and to top that off three seniors quit leaving just two seniors left on the team. I am not making excuses by any means, I just applaud these kids that have endured so much adversity this season and have somehow have gotten better these past couple weeks. These kids are winners in my book no matter how this season ends..

Guest ECBucFan
Well, I am not so much referring to their effort, I am referring to them losing control of their emotions, and giving into frustration when they are getting beat down. Ejections, swinging fists, a meltdown outside opponents locker room during halftime by their ultra-star, etc.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="686931" timestamp="1256591435"]
Well, I am not so much referring to their effort, I am referring to them losing control of their emotions, and giving into frustration when they are getting beat down. Ejections, swinging fists, a meltdown outside opponents locker room during halftime by their ultra-star, etc.

Quite frankly, I have never observed Buna doing any of that. They are more or less a disciplined team. That's why the Buna "classless" comment caught my attention. I have to disagree with it.
[/quote]

I agree Buna's defense is disciplined!! That is how the Buna defense has always been.  How can you spear a defenseless ball carrier or quarterback?  If you mean hitting them in the back the question I have to ask is why is a ball carrier running backwards!!! and the QB thing, blind siding a QB happens in football at all levels it is a matter of the QB not knowing some one is running at them.  Buna is a emotional team and may be a little cocky at times and people don't like that for some reason but that is there opinion.  Everyone on the defense attacks who has the ball and sometimes a players legs may be caught up and they get hit like a sitting duck but you can't fault them for playing till the whistle blows.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="687322" timestamp="1256610017"]
Buna's ground game, ball control offense will keep Hardin's offense on the sideline and the Cougars should churn out a victory. If Buna can keep from turning it over, they win this one and clinch a playoff spot.

Hardin  20
Buna    28
[/quote]

I agree keeping Hardins O off  field and not turning it over has to be the game plan for Buna this week

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder