2010 ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont

Mc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true, some of you local jokers are about to find out what it's all about.  Most of the big boys will show up and you will have to win to qualify.  (not just enter)  Good Luck.   Git Yer excuses ready !

Mwaaa...ha...ha..ha...ha

Some of the "big boys" will be going to the Premier Tournament in Huntington Beach so will probably not be attending.  Good thing?  Bad thing?  IDK

Ford Park or College St?

Last time we had an ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont, it was at College Street.  However, in my opinion it was not not what everyone thought it might be.  Lots teams were already qualified, those that did qualifiy once the tournament reached a certain leave, left and did not play final games.  There was also another tournament going on as BHBLUE suggested, during this event, so a lot of the better teams did not show in Beaumont.

However, as also stated by a previous poster, it will help the local economy.

Ford Park or College St?

Last time we had an ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont, it was at College Street.  However, in my opinion it was not not what everyone thought it might be.  Lots teams were already qualified, those that did qualifiy once the tournament reached a certain leave, left and did not play final games.  There was also another tournament going on as BHBLUE suggested, during this event, so a lot of the better teams did not show in Beaumont.

However, as also stated by a previous poster, it will help the local economy.

BHBLUE is referring to the inaugural "Premier Tournament" in California which is basically invitation only that will begin directly competing against the ASA Gold nationals this summer.

Premier shows a lot of "commitments" from major teams, but we will see how that ultimately shakes out next summer.

From what I read, here are the 2010 Gold Qualifiers:

* June 11-13, Southern Territory, Houston (6 berths)

* June 18-20, Southern Territory, Lakeland, FL (6 berths)

* June 25-27, Region 7, San Antonio (3 berths)

* July 16-18, Region 7, Beaumont (3 berths)

This year, the Region 7 tournament will be separated into 2 tournaments (with 3 berths), instead of the usual 1 tournament with 6 berths.  So, by the time the Beaumont tournament is played, there will be 15 berths awarded at tournaments that TX teams can attend.  The Southern Territory includes all of the Gulf Coast states, so other states will be in the mix there.  The Region 7 tournaments will be TX teams only.  There is also the Hall of Fame National Qualifier in OKC that gives 2 berths that any state can attend.  So, a TX team has 20 possible berths it can shoot for.

So a number of the major TX teams will have qualified by the time the Beaumont tournament is played.  But there are still some very good teams trying to qualify in that last tournament.  Last year, for example, the 6 that qualified in the Region 7 tournament (last chance) were Texas Challengers Gold, Texas Bombers Gold, Texas Hawks Gold, Texas Express Gold, and Texas Fusion Gold as well as a number of good teams (previous qualifiers) that fell just a bit short.  A total of 12 TX teams ultimately qualified for Nationals.

All Qualifiers' brackets are a normal double-elimination format, but when it gets down to the number of teams left that get berths, the bracket stops ... it does not get played to determine a "champion", just until there's the number of teams left that get berths.  It's not the teams' decision, it is scheduled that way from the beginning.

Other than the teams that go to the Premier tournament, the Gold Qualifiers will attract the best teams in the region as well as the most college coaches (compared to exposure tournaments).  IMO, if a teams opts for another tournament instead of a Gold Qualifier, then they are not one of the top teams.

IMO, if a teams opts for another tournament instead of a Gold Qualifier, then they are not one of the top teams.

A list of teams that have accepted invitations to the Premier tourney.  IDK, fairly strong for not having any top teams.

Sorcerer Gold

Gold Coast Hurricanes

Worth FirecrackersSo Cal Choppers

Corona Angels Marty

So Cal Athletics

Valley Breeze

Georgia Elite

East Cobb Bullets

Texas Storm Demarini

So Cal Pumas

Cal Cruisers

St. Louis Chaos

Tennessee Fury

So Cal Explosion

Tulsa Elite

Georgia Fire

TC Stars

Victory USA

American Pastime

Wagner's Maryland

Richmond Diamonds

Kansas Peppers

AZ Hot Shots Gatti

Wichita Mustangs

Beverly Bandits

So Illinois Force

Texas Impact Gold

Virginia Shamrocks

Texas Glory

OC Batbusters

Texas Eclipse

New Jersey Intensity

New Jersey Inferno

New Jersey Breakers

NW Bullets

Houston Power

So Cal Breakers

Colorado Stars

Texas Magic

Tampa Mustangs

Cal Lite

California Raiders

San Diego Renegades

California Grapettes

Combat Panthers

IMO, if a teams opts for another tournament instead of a Gold Qualifier, then they are not one of the top teams.

Kind of old news, but they aren't opting out of just Gold Qualifiers, opting out of ASA Gold all together (except for possibly their newly formed secondary teams made up mainly of college kids with remaining eligibility. The Premier does not allow college players.)

I guess I didn't say it clearly.  I was referring to the post that talked about teams in the past opting for another tournament instead of the Beaumont Gold Qualifier.  In past years, I can't think of any tournament that would have been preferable to a Gold Qualifier if your team was a top 18U team (unless the team didn't consider themselves Gold).  The Premier event is a totally different thing.  This is the first time I've seen someone go directly at ASA Gold.  That's why I qualified my last statement with "Other than the teams that go the Premier tournament ...".

They are attracting the top teams, and it will be interesting to see how the year pans out to see what ASA does to try to keep these teams or if Premier and ASA come to some sort of agreement as well as seeing how the top Gold teams end up addressing both tournaments (pick one over the other, send a team to both, etc.).

If that is true, some of you local jokers are about to find out what it's all about.  Most of the big boys will show up and you will have to win to qualify.  (not just enter)  Good Luck.   Git Yer excuses ready !

Mwaaa...ha...ha..ha...ha

Some of the "big boys" will be going to the Premier Tournament in Huntington Beach so will probably not be attending.  Good thing?  Bad thing?  IDK

Probably right on the Nationals, but I wonder how many teams will play in the qualifiers and skip Gold Nationals if they get the Golden Invite?

I know Impact Gold made 2 teams this year. 1 team will play the premier tournaments. The 2nd team will play ASA Gold tournaments. Word has it, they don't want to make ASA officials mad, so they made a 2nd team to play ASA.

Probably right on the Nationals, but I wonder how many teams will play in the qualifiers and skip Gold Nationals if they get the Golden Invite?

I have a feeling that ASA will sanction teams that get a Gold berth and then don't go to OKC.  I expect they will make that clear if they haven't already.  I also look for ASA to make some changes to try to get these teams back.

I too think ASA will make some changes, and really only a couple of changes need to be made.

1. Add another level of qualifiers so that you actually have to qualify to enter a qualifier.

2. Make the National more college coach friendly.

3. Rotate location East West Central.

4. Ban college players witha year of eligibility(even though I din't agree with this one, I think limit is a better option.)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="coxjj" post="675040" timestamp="1255549636"]

[/quote]

Where are reading that San Antonio is hosting a Region 7 qualifier? Where did you hear it?

[quote name="vcaldwell" post="689798" timestamp="1256854189"]
[quote author=coxjj link=topic=60742.msg675040#msg675040 date=1255549636]

[/quote]

Where are reading that San Antonio is hosting a Region 7 qualifier? Where did you hear it?
[/quote]

Read it at http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=440&t=9617

Haven't seen anything official posted by ASA yet.

Just got confirmation from TX ASA JO Commish. Region 7 qualifier has been split between Beaumont and San Antonio. Each one will have 3 berths to give.
Southern Territory (6 berths) Houston June 11-13
Region 7 A (3 berths) - San Antonio  June 25-27  (18U State same weekend)
Region 7 B (3 berths) - Beaumont July 16-18

Think ASA is trying to send a message?

• 7 months later...
Guest shake and bake
[quote name="Mc" post="812758" timestamp="1276621397"]
Anybody have a link to a list of teams signed up for the Beaumont ASA Gold Regiional tournament or the San Antonio Gold Regional next weekend?
[/quote]Carl May is over this Tournament. You may get in touch with him off of the district 39 website. I think

TX Legacy Gold 92
TX Elite Easton Gold
MC Elite Gold (Hall)
TX  Attack Gold
Ft Worth Batbusters Gold
CF Intruders
Impact Gold (Piro)
Impact Gold (Burke)
TX Peppers Gold (Peacock)
LaPorte Storm Gold
Team Mizuno Gold
Team Texas Gold
TX Glory
Alvin No Fear
Dallas Tigers Gold
Texas Prospects
Texas Xtreme Gold Sylvia
Houston RBI
Team Texas Gold
Sugar Land Stealth
Texas Blaze Gold
Texas Blaze RR Gold
Texas Rapid Fire
FT Worth Bat Busters Edwards
Texas Attack Gold
Texas Sting Gold
still counting

Noticed the other 2 TX Gold Qualifiers are listed on www.registerasa.com with listing of teams and brackets.  Will the Beaumont tournament info be listed there at some point?

The San Antonio Gold Regional will be played this weekend.  The www.registerasa.com site shows 90 teams registered for it, along with their status (73 approved, 17 declined). The draw was this morning and the bracket should be posted on it tonight. 3 bids awarded from this tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder