2010 ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont

Mc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shake and bake
No default. You can bet they wnet by ASA CODE. Ms George is ASA by the book and regardless of what anybody thinks she will always do things by the book. That is why they have the rules in place for situations like this. You know that going in to any of her tournaments so there are NO surprises . You also do not have to worry about someone getting an advantage because of who they are. Who were the 3 teams ?

Top Eight Teams
1) Hit-Away     
2) Texas Bombers
3) Texas Travelers
4) Corpus Christi Panthers
5)Houston Storm  (Newsome)
6)Texas Fusion
7)Houston Lady Stros
8) FW Batbusters (Card)

It went by the book first you go by runs allowes ,If you have a tie then you go by runs scored.
sure would have liked to play the losers bracket out there were some teams in that bracket that were just getting warmed up.

[quote name="(13)" post="818934" timestamp="1279498156"]
[quote author=sbparent link=topic=60742.msg818933#msg818933 date=1279497935]
Hey 13, I think the Eclipse went to Chicago for a showcase event. 
[/quote]
They always were a one of a kind org.  [/quote]

If only that were true!  ;D

As far as Hit-Away goes, I'm not sure they are even part of the SK group.  Field 5 is owned?/leased? by a chuch and Hit-Away maintains it and has exclusive rights to use it.  When SK tournaments use field 5, it is with Hit-Away's permission.  At least that's how is was a few years ago.

[quote name="Marlboro man" post="819040" timestamp="1279558018"]
Top Eight Teams
1) Hit-Away       
2) Texas Bombers
3) Texas Travelers
4) Corpus Christi Panthers
5)Houston Storm  (Newsome)
6)Texas Fusion
7)Houston Lady Stros
8) FW Batbusters (Card)

It went by the book first you go by runs allowes ,If you have a tie then you go by runs scored.
sure would have liked to play the losers bracket out there were some teams in that bracket that were just getting warmed up.
[/quote]

How many games were played after they halted the tournament on Saturday?  Any games actually played in full on Sunday at all?  Did those 8 teams win their first two games then the runs allowed, etc go into account on deciding the teams who advanced to nationals?  Just wondering.  I know Mrs. George and Mr. May would be straight by the book for sure and I appreciate their efforts in all they do for ALL OF SETX softball.  Just wondered how it all came down.

And, just for sake of discussion, if those 8 teams would have played out games on perfect weather days, properly, someone (or several of you) put in order how you think those teams would finish, without the runs scored, allowed, rain, etc.  Just curious what people think.

16 teams were remaining on Sunday AM. They used 4 fields. So, 8 games were played (2 rounds of 4 games) to get down to the final 8teams. The 2 games I was watching, in the final 8 teams, were about 30 minutes into the game when fields were deemed to wet to continue play.

Guest shake and bake
Games started at 11 am on sunday and 12:30 . The losers were elimanated and the next round started right away. Game times were cut down from 1:40 to 1:15. That would have been my only complaint BUT with the weather like it was they had to do it. I wish those 2:30 games could have been played out so it would have made the picks somewhat easier but so it goes. Good luck to the 3 teams as they move on. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder