WOS vs. Silsbee/Silsbee wins 13-7/Comments

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed teams that hurts though, talking to Memorial person now and he said the same thing. On a dry field North Shore would have won!

But does not a great team have the ability to win no matter what the conditions are? If your a fair weather team, how would would you justify being ranked high in the polls if you knew that you couldnt win in bad weather?

We are not a great team right now.

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Kerry, it's comments like that which make you look like a complete idiot.

I am really believing that to be the case for real now.

Are you going to force me to comment on Silsbee's misfortunes tonight? Tigers should have won this game 21-0 at the least.

Please don't. The game was played. The better team won tonight. It was that plain and that simple. Shoulda woulda coulda for both sides. Who really cares what would have happened on a dry field? We didn't play on a dry field. Who really cares what the score should have been? It wasn't, it was 13 to 7. I expect more out of you AAW then to start saying what should have happened. Not that you care what I think but that has never been your style. It was what it was, period.

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Are you going to force me to comment on Silsbee's misfortunes tonight? Tigers should have won this game 21-0 at the least.

Please don't. The game was played. The better team won tonight. It was that plain and that simple. Shoulda woulda coulda for both sides. Who really cares what would have happened on a dry field? We didn't play on a dry field. Who really cares what the score should have been? It wasn't, it was 13 to 7. I expect more out of you AAW then to start saying what should have happened. Not that you care what I think but that has never been your style. It was what it was, period.

:D About time Silsbee beat WO-S, even in the Mud game. I was kinda thinking you would win this one by looking at that Program i had in my hand because you lose quite a bit after this season.  ;)

ok you guys can come after me on this one but think before you reply back. THE DROPED PASS late in the 4th,the kid  was so wide open it was not funny had touchdown written all over it (NO ONE )even close to him ,buts thats life smiles.oh one more thing 2nd down on the 35 and could not make a inc so sad BUT THATS LIFE. west orang stark needs tons of work and silsbee you guys did a super job my hats off to all the kids there at silsbee

Don't worry TD, I am the better man. You won't see me stoop Coop's level and make excuse after excuse and refuse to say the better team won. Like you said, that's not my style.

Just out of sheer curiosity what is the all time record between Silsbee and WO-S? THey played some great games during the late 80's. How long has it been since Silsbee won against WO-S? In a previous post someone had 98 as the last time they defeated WO-S, is that correct? If so I guess that would explain all the "madness" on the board, I guess now the silsbee faithful will have a story to tell their grandchildren....."I remeber when......" ;D ;D ;D  Seriously though what is the all time record between these two teams and when is the last time Silsbee won.

Good posts td. The better team won, plain and simple. WOS fans please don't start all the "dropped passes" etc, etc crap. Good teams find a way to win, good teams don't drop passes, good teams move the ball up the field, good teams play discipline. Silsbee played on the same field, had the same issues we did and went out and took the win. The ball was just as wet for them, but they didn't have a problem catching it. The bottom line is that they were better than us, period. I hate when we lose, but it's going to happen. All you are doing by belly aching is causing more disdain for the program. We don't have to like it, but we also don't need to act like little pissed off girls over it either. Like I tell my little teams, man up or shut up!  

Exactly GAS, excellent post. Both teams had to deal with the sloppy field. Both had poor performances overall. Dropped passes miscues, bad/low snaps, horrible special teams play, and whatever else you can think of, this game had it. The better team won lastnight. This will be another tough lesson learned for this group of Mustangs... Gotta get it together and play Mustang Football---like I know they can! Go 'Stangs!  ;D

Guest bleed orange

Good posts td. The better team won, plain and simple. WOS fans please don't start all the "dropped passes" etc, etc crap. Good teams find a way to win, good teams don't drop passes, good teams move the ball up the field, good teams play discipline. Silsbee played on the same field, had the same issues we did and went out and took the win. The ball was just as wet for them, but they didn't have a problem catching it. The bottom line is that they were better than us, period. I hate when we lose, but it's going to happen. All you are doing by belly aching is causing more disdain for the program. We don't have to like it, but we also don't need to act like little pissed off girls over it either. Like I tell my little teams, man up or shut up!  

Good post Gasilla.

SPOKEN LIKE A REAL MAN!!!

Thanks, Gas. Excellant post.

OK folks lets get this straight, Silsbee DOMINATIDED tonight. On defense and offense. WOS came out in the spread and couldn't move the ball and then went under center with very little success. The Tiger defense was just wild tonight. Silsbee offense had success with the pass early and WOS made there defensive adjustment and Silsbee went to there run game and WOS just could not keep up. It is probably a good thing it was a wet and muddy field, because if it were dry Silsbee would have blown them out. You could tell the players from Silsbee wanted the game more than the players from WOS.

THE BEST TEAM WON!!!!!

ok you guys can come after me on this one but think before you reply back. THE DROPED PASS late in the 4th,the kid  was so wide open it was not funny had touchdown written all over it (NO ONE )even close to him ,buts thats life smiles.oh one more thing 2nd down on the 35 and could not make a inc so sad BUT THATS LIFE. west orang stark needs tons of work and silsbee you guys did a super job my hats off to all the kids there at silsbee

so you're blaming it on this one kid that "coulda" had a TD?

there were 13 points on silsbee... the WOS defense coulda held them to 0 and won... or 7 and went to OT...

so dont be tossing blame just towards one guy on the field, last time i checked there are 11 on each side of the ball... not 1