Dayton vs. Crosby

B.M.F.

Winner is guaranteed a playoff spot.KW Park/NF losses will elimate them w/4 losses-GCM-GPark-King on the bubble w/2 losses-Bronco win here sets the stage for the Bronco/Eagle matchup that could decide the district championship.I think Coach Stewart will have those Broncs fired up. Has his team ever lost to Crosby?

yes

yes his record is not very good against crosby, he is 12 wins and 1 loss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PastorMike27

I've watched Dayton twice this year. Very good discipline, and understanding of clock control. Takes care of the ball when on offense, and finds ways to create turnovers on defense. Look to see them advance a minimum of three rounds into the state playoffs.

Congratulations to the Broncos.

God bless, don't forget to cover the students and athletes who participate on Friday nights in prayer.

Prediction vs. Crosby if my opinion matters

Dayton 45     

Crosby 14

I just want to know one thing, in the huge crowd we had at last Fridays' L-Town/Vidor game, I saw one Dayton jacket or t-shirt, who was it? I couldn't make it up to find out.

Oh, just for kicks, the Broncs leave hoof mark on the nether-regions of the cougars, even though they are coached by a former Lumberton Raider. :o ;D

The white haired ole beat up wanna be vet in the purple jacket?That was LIL. ;DI asked some of the reunion fellas and nobody knew who you were ROT.I did meet Nations 08,nice guy he was getting on to the kids cutting in concession lines.I will say this ya'll eat some vittles,man got in line 3 min.before half and saw the last part of homecoming activities.Great game just could not stop penalties that stalled drives that's what happened ya'll beat yourself.You would have to move over bout 8 steps to make that last fg.Good luck this week gotta go see this game.And the link wrap made me want a cold b.

Guest Prince Albert

I just want to know one thing, in the huge crowd we had at last Fridays' L-Town/Vidor game, I saw one Dayton jacket or t-shirt, who was it? I couldn't make it up to find out.

Oh, just for kicks, the Broncs leave hoof mark on the nether-regions of the cougars, even though they are coached by a former Lumberton Raider. :o ;D

You mean like the marks Crosby left on your district champs in the first round of the playoffs last year?  :D :D ;D

Dayton always seems to have Crosby's number no matter how good the Coogs are, so You have to pick Dayton in this one. I think the game will low scoring due to the two Defenses. Crosby's D is pretty good and I haven't seen Datyons, but the stats speak for theirselfs. I'll give Dayton a two TD vicorty (But God knows it could be 40)

Dayton 28

Crosby 14

Important thing is that yall beat each other up before you play BH ;D ;D Leave it all on the field!!!

From the Baytown Sun.

Dayton is 4-1 overall while Crosby enters Friday’s game at 3-2. But coach Kevin Flanigan’s Cougars are winners of three in a row this season.

However, they’ve lost nine straight years to Dayton, the longest streak of domination in a series that goes back at least 60 years.

Since 1951, Dayton is 22-13-1 overall against Crosby, 15-11-1 in district games.

Coach Jerry Stewart’s Broncos weren’t in the same district as Flanigan’s Cougars in 2006 and 2007. Those years, the two schools met in the playoffs with Dayton winning 35-0 and 49-7.

Reunited in 19-4A last year, Dayton beat Crosby 49-14.

“We haven’t beaten them in a long time so it’d be a good deal for us to do that,†Flanigan said. “We’ve still got Barbers Hill and a couple others (to play), but I think the winner of our game Friday will be sitting in the driver’s seat for the district.â€

Oh no he didn't!!!

Flanigan is the reason BH wants to beat Crosby

“I think they’ve got a good little ball club,†Stewart

said. “They’ve got a big, tall quarterback. They’ve got speed and tall receivers. They’ve always got talent, always. Since I’ve been here, Crosby has always had more talent than everybody else, always. This year’s no different. I’ve played them under one, two, three head coaches and every one of them had as much or more talent than we did. Crosby kids are talented and that’s all you can say.â€

I guess Stewart is trying to say its his coaching that makes Dayton a winner,not talent...

said. “They’ve got a big, tall quarterback. They’ve got speed and tall receivers. They’ve always got talent, always. Since I’ve been here, Crosby has always had more talent than everybody else, always. This year’s no different. I’ve played them under one, two, three head coaches and every one of them had as much or more talent than we did. Crosby kids are talented and that’s all you can say.â€

I guess Stewart is trying to say its his coaching that makes Dayton a winner,not talent...

maybe he's saying crosby is talented...

His and his staff is without a doubt a HUGE part of the equation.

Guest Ranger83

His and his staff is without a doubt a HUGE part of the equation.

Are you saying his staff is huge? ;D

I'd say it's more Stewart using some "coachspeak" and not giving them any bulletin board material....probably using it in some way to motivate his troops as well.  If he were to come out and say we're going to beat the pants off of them and then burn them in the center of the field after the game then it's all we'd be talking about....

Watching all the junior high games over the last decade one thing is true...

No team in this area does more with the talent they start off with than Dayton.

The coaching staff at Dayton is top notch.

Almost all the high school coaches are at every junior high game.

The kids improve dramatically from 7th to 12th grade like no other program between Houston and Beaumont.

It is little wonder they have been pounding practically everybody they play around here.

If you got a son in the Dayton schools involved in athletics you are a very blessed person to be able to have him influenced by the men that Coach Stewart has surrounded himself with.

They are nothing but the best and they get all they can out of each kid.

Watching all the junior high games over the last decade one thing is true...

No team in this area does more with the talent they start off with than Dayton.

The coaching staff at Dayton is top notch.

Almost all the high school coaches are at every junior high game.

The kids improve dramatically from 7th to 12th grade like no other program between Houston and Beaumont.

It is little wonder they have been pounding practically everybody they play around here.

If you got a son in the Dayton schools involved in athletics you are a very blessed person to be able to have him influenced by the men that Coach Stewart has surrounded himself with.

They are nothing but the best and they get all they can out of each kid.

He was either recruited or influence to steal ;D ;D

I just cant help myself :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder