Dayton vs. Crosby

B.M.F.

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

TEL please, are you serious Basketball, Softball, and Baseball???? Crosby will be at best, 2nd place in all these sports just like in football. Which everyone knows 2nd place is really just the 1st place losier. Please don't bring those sports into this unless back up your play in those sports a little better than 2nd.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

TEL please, are you serious Basketball, Softball, and Baseball???? Crosby will be at best, 2nd place in all these sports just like in football. Which everyone knows 2nd place is really just the 1st place losier. Please don't bring those sports into this unless back up your play in those sports a little better than 2nd.

First off, learn how to spell. FYI - Crosby won district in basketball, volleyball and softball last year. Although the baseball team did not win district last year we played you three times (WOS tournament then district) and beat you all three times. Not to take anything away from your best pitcher Smesney, heck of a ballplayer, we beat him twice and Walters was the loser in the other one. Is that backing it up good enough??? I did give you props for football, there is no denying that Dayton is the team to beat.

First off, learn how to spell. FYI - Crosby won district in basketball, volleyball and softball last year. Although the baseball team did not win district last year we played you three times (WOS tournament then district) and beat you all three times. Not to take anything away from your best pitcher Smesney, heck of a ballplayer, we beat him twice and Walters was the loser in the other one. Is that backing it up good enough??? I did give you props for football, there is no denying that Dayton is the team to beat.

Sorry to interupt, but BH was undefeated in Softball last year and were the co champs in Volleyball if my memory serves correct.

Last year this, last year that. I'm not from Dayton, take a look around the district there are other teams that were highly competitive and haven't graduated seniors. And it's funny that you should mention my spelling my my wife just got on me about the same thing. Is that you Sweetie?

Feel free BHFAN

Sorry to interupt, but BH was undefeated in Softball last year and were the co champs in Volleyball if my memory serves correct.

Where are the Crosby fans? I don't mind reading liltex chats with the L-Town fans but we need a little Crosby chatter.

Will this year live up to the rivalry name? "HWY 90 Shootout" or will it be "HWY 90 Blowout"?

The last time I saw a cat on Hwy 90, it was not pretty at all.

I suspect the results will be about the same.

My daily spit soda through my nose and almost onto my keyboard laugh from Ranger.....nice picture btw

C'mon Crosby chatter it up.....Here let me help....

The year has finally come....it's our turn....this is finally the Red Sox beating the Yankees or Navy beating Notre Dame.  Our big tall QB Merka is gonna run and pass all over your "stampede."  Our vaunted D will show you that KP and King were no flukes.  Get your crow ready Bronco fans it's time to turn the tide....

Last year this, last year that. I'm not from Dayton, take a look around the district there are other teams that were highly competitive and haven't graduated seniors. And it's funny that you should mention my spelling my my wife just got on me about the same thing. Is that you Sweetie?

No, this is not your cell mate from Huntsville that you play drop the soap with.

Alright take all the volleyball and softball and all that other crap to those boards.  We don't care who beat who in anything else.  This is Texas....like basketball then move to the East Coast.

He wanted facts so I gave him facts. Don't really care if you do, I like all sports and support kids that play them. This is not about you or him, it's about high school sports.

Just that this forum is entitled High School FOOTBALL.  I'm tired of hearing you kicked our butts in football but we win basketball, baseball, etc....

What do you want me to say "Dayton sucks" and then hear all the crap about how they kicked our butt in football. My point is I can say what I want where I want. Unlike you I don't feel the need to belittle the opposing team to make me feel macho. Why do I need to talk trash about Dayton's football team when they are the best team around. We are still talking about kid's here right. Does everything have to be negative? Or is that just how you are?

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??   if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?   this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

Dude, how are those anger management classes working out for you? I don't have a dog in the fight, and I do support the programs. Not saying they can't win, didn't blame the coach. Didn't say a word about quitting, are you in never never land? Kids, this is why it is important to say no to drugs. Education is the key!! Get some more of it!

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??   if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?   this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

Dude, how are those anger management classes working out for you? I don't have a dog in the fight, and I do support the programs. Not saying they can't win, didn't blame the coach. Didn't say a word about quitting, are you in never never land? Kids, this is why it is important to say no to drugs. Education is the key!! Get some more of it!

I don't have a dog in this fight. I gotta go with you on this one ,TEL. I thought your original was honest and realistic....and praised the kids. Maybe I read the wrong post. ;)

Not a secret that Dayton has the best team right now. This isn't YMCA ball where everybody played a great game and both teams won the game.

Just my unsolicated two cents.  ;)

Guest Ranger83

Just that this forum is entitled High School FOOTBALL.  I'm tired of hearing you kicked our butts in football but we win basketball, baseball, etc....

GCM girls soccer- 2009 District Champs! Take that!

I don't have a dog in this fight. I gotta go with you on this one ,TEL. I thought your original was honest and realistic....and praised the kids. Maybe I read the wrong post. ;)

Not a secret that Dayton has the best team right now. This isn't YMCA ball where everybody played a great game and both teams won the game.

Just my unsolicated two cents.  ;)

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking.

Wow...that seems a little overboard.  ::)

Especially when he is right......  ;D

That because BH don't play Soccer ;D ;D

Just that this forum is entitled High School FOOTBALL.  I'm tired of hearing you kicked our butts in football but we win basketball, baseball, etc....

Oww! That hurts!

Oh yeah, we don't do soccer either.

What do you want me to say "Dayton sucks" and then hear all the crap about how they kicked our butt in football. If you'd like...it is a football board.My point is I can say what I want where I want wow, you must be really macho. Unlike you I don't feel the need to belittle the opposing team to make me feel macho but I thought you could say what you want when you wanted?. Why do I need to talk trash about Dayton's football team when they are the best team around ahhhh, good point. We are still talking about kid's here right. Does everything have to be negative? Or is that just how you are oh but not at all....focus on the positives man just do it on the baseball board?

What do you want me to say "Dayton sucks" and then hear all the crap about how they kicked our butt in football. If you'd like...it is a football board.My point is I can say what I want where I want wow, you must be really macho. Unlike you I don't feel the need to belittle the opposing team to make me feel macho but I thought you could say what you want when you wanted?. Why do I need to talk trash about Dayton's football team when they are the best team around ahhhh, good point. We are still talking about kid's here right. Does everything have to be negative? Or is that just how you are oh but not at all....focus on the positives man just do it on the baseball board?

Don't get on the baseball board you'll wake up the Eagles from Barbers Hill.  ;) ;)

“I think they’ve got a good little ball club,†Stewart

said. “They’ve got a big, tall quarterback. They’ve got speed and tall receivers. They’ve always got talent, always. Since I’ve been here, Crosby has always had more talent than everybody else, always. This year’s no different. I’ve played them under one, two, three head coaches and every one of them had as much or more talent than we did. Crosby kids are talented and that’s all you can say.â€

I guess Stewart is trying to say its his coaching that makes Dayton a winner,not talent...

Dayton has always had talent.  Stewart was just the first coach around here in a long while that knew what to do with it.  Look at Dayton's record before Stewart and look at it since.  Dayton's going on it's 14th playoff appearance (in 14 seasons) under Stewart.  I think that speaks for itself. 

p.s. For the mid 90's Dayton guys(AC, Backflipper, etc..) what would have dayton's record been during the Sherman years with Stewart? 

Im sure that we would have had a better record but I still dont know if we could have beat Jasper. They were just loaded with talent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder