Dayton vs. Crosby

B.M.F.

Watching all the junior high games over the last decade one thing is true...

No team in this area does more with the talent they start off with than Dayton.

The coaching staff at Dayton is top notch.

Almost all the high school coaches are at every junior high game.

The kids improve dramatically from 7th to 12th grade like no other program between Houston and Beaumont.

It is little wonder they have been pounding practically everybody they play around here.

If you got a son in the Dayton schools involved in athletics you are a very blessed person to be able to have him influenced by the men that Coach Stewart has surrounded himself with.

They are nothing but the best and they get all they can out of each kid.

So if your child runs sub 4.5 or is 6'7" 300 lbs move here....

Oh and we like people who can throw as well

Oh yea and we can get you a job being a Wal-Mart greeter....or at the Vineyard....or even THE PRISON!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83

Watching all the junior high games over the last decade one thing is true...

No team in this area does more with the talent they start off with than Dayton.

The coaching staff at Dayton is top notch.

Almost all the high school coaches are at every junior high game.

The kids improve dramatically from 7th to 12th grade like no other program between Houston and Beaumont.

It is little wonder they have been pounding practically everybody they play around here.

If you got a son in the Dayton schools involved in athletics you are a very blessed person to be able to have him influenced by the men that Coach Stewart has surrounded himself with.

They are nothing but the best and they get all they can out of each kid.

So if your child runs sub 4.5 or is 6'7" 300 lbs move here....

Oh and we like people who can throw as well

Oh yea and we can get you a job being a Wal-Mart greeter....or at the Vineyard....or even THE PRISON!!

Does that include visitation rights?

The white haired ole beat up wanna be vet in the purple jacket?That was LIL. ;DI asked some of the reunion fellas and nobody knew who you were ROT.I did meet Nations 08,nice guy he was getting on to the kids cutting in concession lines.I will say this ya'll eat some vittles,man got in line 3 min.before half and saw the last part of homecoming activities.Great game just could not stop penalties that stalled drives that's what happened ya'll beat yourself.You would have to move over bout 8 steps to make that last fg.Good luck this week gotta go see this game.And the link wrap made me want a cold b.

I was sitting right behind him...I really enjoy having an unbiased opinion on games like that one. They tell like like they see it and hold nothing back. Your welcome back anytime pops. But he is lucky because his team was playing on saturdays, right?

Oh, and I gotta go with Dayton in the win on this one.

No Boram the Broncos were playin N Forrest there,I do not have 20's w/them nice wheels but I would be furious if they jacked my baby moon hubcaps.So living in Moss Hill it's just a nice drive to watch Lumberton.Shop there often and folks are nice,met a Raider or two and they were polite.On a Bronco off week I saw 1/2 of the PNG gm.left thinking it was over for TC w/0 1st dwns,drove to Lumbt and caught the last part of the 3rd and the 4th against Silsbee.You and ROT welcome anytime,thanks.

“I think they’ve got a good little ball club,†Stewart

said. “They’ve got a big, tall quarterback. They’ve got speed and tall receivers. They’ve always got talent, always. Since I’ve been here, Crosby has always had more talent than everybody else, always. This year’s no different. I’ve played them under one, two, three head coaches and every one of them had as much or more talent than we did. Crosby kids are talented and that’s all you can say.â€

I guess Stewart is trying to say its his coaching that makes Dayton a winner,not talent...

Dayton has always had talent.  Stewart was just the first coach around here in a long while that knew what to do with it.  Look at Dayton's record before Stewart and look at it since.  Dayton's going on it's 14th playoff appearance (in 14 seasons) under Stewart.  I think that speaks for itself. 

p.s. For the mid 90's Dayton guys(AC, Backflipper, etc..) what would have dayton's record been during the Sherman years with Stewart? 

Guest Ranger83

Where are the Crosby fans? I don't mind reading liltex chats with the L-Town fans but we need a little Crosby chatter.

Will this year live up to the rivalry name? "HWY 90 Shootout" or will it be "HWY 90 Blowout"?

The last time I saw a cat on Hwy 90, it was not pretty at all.

I suspect the results will be about the same.

Guest Ranger83

we talk with our actions on the field!!!! don't like crow, but you might want to put some A1 on yours!!

No thanks, I like that Tabasco. Keeps things spicy.

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

Every year i keep saying it want be as bad as last year but nothing has changed...I believe on Dayton's first offensive possession if they score a TD very easily, Crosby will put there heads down and say here we go again and the romp will begin...If somehow Crosby can keep Dayton out of the endzone on first couple of series it will be closer than in years past...Its almost as if the kids expect a arss whipping from Dayton and you can always tell in the first couple of series...They will be all fired up to play and seems before everyone is in there seats its 14-0 and the kids just say here we go again...Since district has started the defense has been more impressive than the offense,so many new kids starting on offense..I believe only 3 kids on offense that started nightly on varsity last year...

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??  if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?  this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??   if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?   this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

Wow...that seems a little overboard.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder