*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

Some of you L-town fans that were ragging on Livingston about there statium... Look in the mirror. Your field had no hash marks on it,the clock is a pile of junk,and the pa on the vistors side is crap.Those of you that live in glass houses shouldn't throw to many rocks.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you L-town fans that were ragging on Livingston about there statium... Look in the mirror. Your field had no hash marks on it,the clock is a pile of junk,and the pa on the vistors side is crap.Those of you that live in glass houses shouldn't throw to many rocks.

They know that.  Thats why its cotton balls not rocks and pink clouds for the planet they live in. ;D :D ;D :D

Congrads out to Vidor first.Although it was the Raiders game to win.I was there and the raiders dominated but credit to Vidor they played tough inside the red zone  and only allowed 1 td and turned the raiders away from inside the red zone 3 times w/the Raiders only making 1 of 3 short field goals although the 2nd try was a bad snap,3rd try was long enough just 20 yds left of the pole.To many penalties 100 yds first half and a Raider turnover.

That's funny, I was at the game too and Vidor beat Lumberton all night.  Its funny how some home cooking with the refs gives us chop block penalty's and they pick the hankies up for Lumberton.   If it wasn't for that Vidor would have blown them out.  It must be the smoke and train horn that makes the game look that different from each side line.    :( :( :( :( :( :(  Great job Vidor!!!   You will never get these cry babies to admit they got spanked.   

Didn't Lumberton have chop block called against them also?

BTW, you're doing the same thing Lumberton is doing...IF IF IF...

Last week against Central some Vidor fans did the same thing...'IF we wouldn't have fumbled...IF they would've given us the 2 pt conversion...etc'.

Vidor played a good game but they didn't dominate like some of them expected to. They capitalized on our mistakes which is what a good team does. But a win is a win no matter if you dominated or not and that is what counts. Congrats to the boys from Vidor. Hope your player wasn't hurt too bad.

Congrads out to Vidor first.Although it was the Raiders game to win.I was there and the raiders dominated but credit to Vidor they played tough inside the red zone  and only allowed 1 td and turned the raiders away from inside the red zone 3 times w/the Raiders only making 1 of 3 short field goals although the 2nd try was a bad snap,3rd try was long enough just 20 yds left of the pole.To many penalties 100 yds first half and a Raider turnover.

That's funny, I was at the game too and Vidor beat Lumberton all night.  Its funny how some home cooking with the refs gives us chop block penalty's and they pick the hankies up for Lumberton.   If it wasn't for that Vidor would have blown them out.  It must be the smoke and train horn that makes the game look that different from each side line.    :( :( :( :( :( :(  Great job Vidor!!!   You will never get these cry babies to admit they got spanked.   

Last week against Central some Vidor fans did the same thing...'IF we wouldn't have fumbled...IF they would've given us the 2 pt conversion...etc'.

Vidor played a good game but they didn't dominate like some of them expected to. They capitalized on our mistakes which is what a good team does. But a win is a win no matter if you dominated or not and that is what counts. Congrats to the boys from Vidor. Hope your player wasn't hurt too bad.

Keep living in a DREAM WORLD ....... them player's know now they can and will be stopped!  It's in there MINDS now!  Vidor has a hard time making the playoffs!

Here's something that blew my mind lastnight, that I'd like to discuss, and get away from all the garbage talk.

In the 1st quarter, Vidor goes for it on 4th down, ref says it short.

BUT THE CHAINS DIDN'T MOVE ONE INCH FROM WHERE LUMBERTON TOOK OVER. So that tells me that, The ball was spotted at the end of the chains. THEY DIDN'T EVEN MEASURE! I guess they eyeballed it?

Couldn't Mathews request a measure? If so, I cant believe he didnt. I mean seriously, how do they say you're short, then spot the ball at the end of the chains (that don't move) and no measure?

I for one was glad the way that the game went. After the Central game, I was worried about how our defense would look. I'm not like most people, I guess, in the fact that I would rather see a stout defensive game over a score fest.

For Lumberton to hold our offense to 14 points? That is a statement in itself. Probably doesn't help that we came out throwing in our first drive instead of doing our bread and butter, ground-and-pound line domination. But still, the Raiders stepped up and shut us down in the first half. And for that, I say hats off to them.

We held them to only three points in the first half, so I was real proud of our defense as well ... especially after the trouble they had against Central. Second half, Rico gets two sacks on the same Lumberton drive, Runnels starts playing heck on the quarterback and running backs behind the line. I tell you, it was a sight for these sore eyes.  ;D

But just watching, I believe Lumberton will hold its own the rest of district, if they can stop the rediculous penalties. How many were there on that last drive before halftime? Five, six? I bet they got an earful in the locker room.

But thanks Lumberton for restoring my faith in our defense and just in good defensive play in general. Heck of a game.

Keep living in a DREAM WORLD ....... them player's know now they can and will be stopped!  It's in there MINDS now!  Vidor has a hard time making the playoffs!

Still having a hard time getting over it? Wipe those tear crusted eyes. We played terrible on offense and still beat you. Maybe next year

KUDDOS to Lumberton for shutting us down on the drives up the middle.  If we hadn't forced that fumble, the outcome would have been different.  That was what we needed to get the team back in the game, and to be honest those two TD's is how we have looked all season.  I don't know where they were the rest of the game, I guess it was a good as it was going to be with that L-Train defense.  I think the coaches need to figure something out when the middle gets hammered!!!

Question?  Who is Utterback???  I thought that Garcia and Johnson were hurt?

Guest LR1969

I will take the blame for Lumberton losing. It was 3-0 until I arrived in the 3rd. At that point, Vidor pulled off two touchdowns and, eventually, won the game. It's my fault. I apologize to all of the Raider faithful. I should've went back to the house. Just joking. Vidor pulled it off. It was a big win for Vidor (second year in a row) and just goes to show what we have in store for us this season in 20-4A. I think it goes without saying that anything can happen. Lumberton moved the ball well but the Vidor defense stepped it up a notch in the red zone and kept the Raiders out of the end zone for most of the night.

Would love to see the Pirates make it to the playoffs this season. If that has to happen at the hands of the Raiders and Lumberton still makes it in too then I'm good with that. We'll see if PN-G can remain unbeaten. Personally, I think there's a good chance that the Indians will suffer at least one loss as well this season and 20-4A will send 4 bruised and combat hardened teams to the playoffs.

I will say it again just in case someone calls me on it. I wasn't convinced that the Vidor "big guys" were worthy of the hype after a weak pre-district schedule but I am now convinced. Vidor can hang with the big boys and have only themselves to blame if they don't. The Pirates have a lot of baggage behind them just as Lumberton does but a team can't live in the past. Lumberton finally managed to get past the losing seasons, the taunts, etc. and Vidor will to. Heck....they may have done it last night. Keep Looking Forward PIRATES!!!

Theirs was WAY better than alot of schools in this area...

Yeah, anyplace is good if you get there early. But we had to park at Hardin-Jefferson and walk last night.

J/K ... but it dang sure felt like it.  ;D  Of course, it made it easy for some folks to go into Wal-Mart for a few drinks afterward before they drove home.  :D

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

don't even start, you had the best refs money could buy

The L-Train lost again to the pirates. I guess they have our number. Well same as last year the one lost and we were still co-district champs. I can say this we don't fumble the ball and we wouldn't lose the game. Good job Vidor in taking care of the gift we gave you.

Luckily there are other Lumberton fans on here with class... I feel sorry for the rest of them having to deal with someone like you... Good job Lumberton, shut down our running game in the first half... VERY physical game... 2nd half was fun to watch... Good luck the rest of the way

dont act like all vidor fans show great deals of class, every school has them so dont try to make lumberton look like the bad guy

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw