MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

KFDM COOP

MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

• PN-G
    • Nederland

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Razor, your point about PNG seems to be favored by most and on paper is what concerns me. Nederland should be able to relax and play ball, would not be surprised to see Ned coaching come with a competely different approach to this game. The young men from Nederland they sure got heart and they will play hard. As some have said earlier these or 16-18 yr olds and there is no telling what might happen when the green flag drops. PNG better do more than just show up for this one. I'm reminded of a 42 to 0 loss a couple of years ago to LCM that no one would have predicted, and the rumor was that about half of the PNG team had a party before the game because they thought all they had to do is show up.

I believe Micah will be in town for the game this week, he might also have a friend along that some of you may have heard of , Riley Dodge could be getting his first taste of Mid County Madness as North Texas has a bye.

It's always fun to bring a football fan from out of town to witness Mid County Madness. My late father-in-law was an AD/Football coach from a 1A school in Louisana for many years. When I dated Ms Ruth I had to go watch the games back in LA. Some of the highlights of that 1st game were as follows:

* Father-in-law allowed me to call a few plays in the second half, they were losing by 50.

* They had a head set but we talked to a coach who climbed a telephone pole and sat in crows nest.

* Halftime the coaches talked to themselves because the team was marching in the band

So, when father-in-law was off the week MCM was being played he made a mad dash to Mid County to witness our game and he had a blast.

Parking around the stadium is a problem but leaving should be O.K. By the time the PNG crowd clears out in the 3rd quarter, getting out of stadium should be easy.  :) By the time we congrat the players on the field after the game the crowd should even be less. Better get a quick look at the scoreboard once the game is over, they have a habit of turning it off quick after a loss.  ;D On a more serious note, good luck to both teams and I hope it turns out to be another typical MCM game, Nederland winning of course.... ;D had to throw that in there.

Parking around the stadium is a problem but leaving should be O.K. By the time the PNG crowd clears out in the 3rd quarter, getting out of stadium should be easy.  :) By the time we congrat the players on the field after the game the crowd should even be less. Better get a quick look at the scoreboard once the game is over, they have a habit of turning it off quick after a loss.  ;D On a more serious note, good luck to both teams and I hope it turns out to be another typical MCM game, Nederland winning of course.... ;D had to throw that in there.

dont think nederland is going to pull it out this year ;)

Just to let ya'll know...NO ONE is allowed on the field after the games.  I know I miss being able to go down and visit with the players after the game, but it is no longer allowed.  Just thought I'd let ya'll know so you can plan accordingly with the players you know.

Good luck Nederland and I hope you enjoy our new Reservation.  Sending up prayers for an injury free game for both teams.

Scalp 'em Indians!!

As with ALL MCM games, this one will be very exciting!  I never count Nederland out, and no one else should either.  I'm glad the Bulldogs will be visiting the New Reservation.  My prayer is that there are no injuries and everyone has a good time.  I do hope PNG wins and remains undefeated!  Good Luck!

Um, no one is allowed on the field that the taxpayers paid for?  Interesting.  Why is that?

Just to let ya'll know...NO ONE is allowed on the field after the games.  I know I miss being able to go down and visit with the players after the game, but it is no longer allowed.  Just thought I'd let ya'll know so you can plan accordingly with the players you know.

Good luck Nederland and I hope you enjoy our new Reservation.  Sending up prayers for an injury free game for both teams.

Scalp 'em Indians!!

Um, no one is allowed on the field that the taxpayers paid for?  Interesting.  Why is that?

Apparently from last year after a game a couple of parents approached a player about the game and it wasn't to congratulate him.  So the new coach said for now no one on the field.  It could change at a later time but for now for the safety of the players no one of the field.

Apparently from last year after a game a couple of parents approached a player about the game and it wasn't to congratulate him.  So the new coach said for now no one on the field.  It could change at a later time but for now for the safety of the players no one of the field.

Some "fans" were not so nice to some players and coaches. It is more for the players and coaches safety and to avoid any possible confrontations. It was probaly and isolated incident but something that has no place happening again. Heck, didn't we even have a fight in the stands? Complete 180 this year.

On a lighter note. I went and watched the 7th grade game between CMS and PNMS. The CMS rb was once again the star of the game. PNMS hung in well and played good defense. I think the PN-G middle school teams will struggle for a little while learning the offense the varsity runs but in the end it will pay off. CMS ran big boy left, big boy right, and big boy up the middle.

* I edited my note on the CMS coaches but will say they really set a piss poor standards for a group of 12 and 13 year olds. They were whining to the refs, berating everyone from the players to the ball boy, and being poor sports in general. Not the enviroment I would want my kids learning in.

On a lighter note. I went and watched the 7th grade game between CMS and PNMS. First the CMS coaches couldn't be a bigger group of a$$es. They berated more kids for no reason than I cared to watch. Even the ball boy was called out for the entire stadium to hear over something trivial. Totally uncalled for. Second, the CMS rb was once again the star of the game. PNMS hung in well and played good defense. I think the PN-G middle school teams will struggle for a little while learning the offense the varsity runs but in the end it will pay off. CMS ran big boy left, big boy right, and big boy up the middle.

Tell me about Big Boy. How big is he? Is he fast? What's his name, etc? What was the score between PNMS and Central? Man, I am full of questions today!

On a lighter note. I went and watched the 7th grade game between CMS and PNMS.  THe CMS rb was once again the star of the game. PNMS hung in well and played good defense. I think the PN-G middle school teams will struggle for a little while learning the offense the varsity runs but in the end it will pay off. CMS ran big boy left, big boy right, and big boy up the middle.

Tell me about Big Boy. How big is he? Is he fast? What's his name, etc? What was the score between PNMS and Central? Man, I am full of questions today!

#42 is the RB. I believe his name is Nick. He looks to be about 5'7" or 5"8". He is solid for a 7th grader and runs with speed and alot of power. PNMS had a linebacker (#57) that was the first kid I have seen hit him and not get drug a few more yards. PNMS had some BIG kids. The PNMS 8th grade kids were even bigger. PNMS 8th grade had kids that looked like JV lineman. I have no idea how that game turned out but the 7th grade game was 22-12 CMS I believe.

On a lighter note. I went and watched the 7th grade game between CMS and PNMS. First the CMS coaches couldn't be a bigger group of a$$es. They berated more kids for no reason than I cared to watch. Even the ball boy was called out for the entire stadium to hear over something trivial. Totally uncalled for. Second, the CMS rb was once again the star of the game. PNMS hung in well and played good defense. I think the PN-G middle school teams will struggle for a little while learning the offense the varsity runs but in the end it will pay off. CMS ran big boy left, big boy right, and big boy up the middle.

This is Roy D. Mercer, just how big a boy r ya? How bout I come over there and whip your, Well you know the rest......

Nederland by 4 points........ ;D

PNG 34-NED 23 with 7 of NED'S points coming off Defense or Special Teams. Trahan has big night for NED, Harmon the same for PNG. After the loss we will have to hear about it for a year at the Post Office, Supermarket, Barbershop, Garbage Dump, The Moon, Sky Diving ( In mid air  ), Boat Ramp, Deer Lease, in the Box Blind on Deer Lease, cleaning Deer at the Lease, bringing the Meat to the Butcher from the Deer Lease, and BBQ'ing the meat from the Deer Lease. The Deer Meat will taste awefull. The score will grow to astronomical numbers during the year, kind of like a 7 lb. fish that got away is now 12.5 lbs. ::) Hope everyone has a safe clean game.

This is Roy D. Mercer, just how big a boy r ya? How bout I come over there and whip your, Well you know the rest......

James..............I Like You..........................................You make me laugh.

[/quot

James..............I Like You..........................................You make me laugh.

Now wait a minute, four points is not that funny..... ;) O.K.    two points.... Nederland defense gets a safety to win MCM......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298