MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

KFDM COOP

MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

• PN-G
    • Nederland

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not a weakness in OT, that was very good coverage, very good throw, excellent catch to win it.

MC Madness is always unpredictable, but this year it PNG should win. As Brubaker says we have a ton of injuries, it part of it. I know in the past PNG has had inuries as well. You still have to play and the best team wins.

It maybe time to bring up some underclassmen and give them some experience on Friday night. Nederland has a very talented group behind the SR's. No matter what next Friday the staium will be 13000 plus and will be electric.

77-0  Nederland !!   :o

PNG throws in the towel after being totally dominated by the Dawgs in the first half !!

Thought that would get ya'lls attention!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, The only thing I can say is that it's MCM...and althought the Dogs are obviously not the favorites, anything can happen.  In any event, the new reservation will be rocking like never before come next Friday night. Good luck to both teams and hope for no further injuries to either side. 

Now where the hedoublel is my tylenol !?!?

THIS WILL BE NO CONTEST  SORRY DAWGS NOT THIS YEAR 

I HAVE SEEN BOTH TEAMS.  I SAW NEDERLAND PLAY WOS AND THEY DID NOT LOOK LIKE TEAM OF THE PAST. I SAW THE INDIANS LAST NIGHT AGAINS MY BEARS AND THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM.  ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE.

PNG 35-NEDERLAND 7

BY THE WAY. LOOK OUT DAWGS AS THE BEARS COME TO TOWN THE NEXT WEEK.  HERE IS MY EARLY PREDICTION  LCM 28 BEDERLAND 7.  DAWGS START DISTRICT 0-3

SCALPEM INDIANS

I HATE that Nederland has this many injuries. I was really looking forward to this game in the preseason.  As some of you had said, On Friday night, anything can happen. Barring ANYTHING crazy happening, I see PNG taking this by a couple of touchdowns. Good luck to both teams and NO MORE injuries... To either team!

ON a side note: If we can't get our "home cookin" back at the Reservation, it may be closer that that.

JUST PICKING! ;D Go Indians!

THIS WILL BE NO CONTEST  SORRY DAWGS NOT THIS YEAR   

I HAVE SEEN BOTH TEAMS.  I SAW NEDERLAND PLAY WOS AND THEY DID NOT LOOK LIKE TEAM OF THE PAST. I SAW THE INDIANS LAST NIGHT AGAINS MY BEARS AND THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM.  ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE.

PNG 35-NEDERLAND 7

BY THE WAY. LOOK OUT DAWGS AS THE BEARS COME TO TOWN THE NEXT WEEK.  HERE IS MY EARLY PREDICTION  LCM 28 BEDERLAND 7.  DAWGS START DISTRICT 0-3

SCALPEM INDIANS

Hold on Bearclaw, with those caps I see you can't wait till you put a whooping on my Dogs. We still have to go South Bend next week, if we come out with enough to play the following week, we will welcome the University of California.

There is an X-Factor here that goes far deeper than just the injuries. That x-factor is this team's motivation and determination. Nederland is not used to losing, and maybe we have been spoiled by teams of the past. When Smith had the flu, I saw a glimpse of this teams lack of determination against Friendswood. They came out flat from the beginning. Now that they have lost him again, they have lost that spark that he provided after the Waller game. Bottom line is, you can't expect a third string quarterback to lead a team to victory, especially in the environment of MCM. I expect a lot of Nederland turnovers in this one. And how about we try and run a sweep play without fumbling before we start trying to run versions of the wildcat. To be completely honest, I would be surprised to see this team win another game this year. I will probably be scolded by some Nederland folks for this, but it's an honest prediction based on what I have seen so far this year. PN-G by 24

With all the injuries and losses, it's obvious that Nederland is down this year, but they're certainly not out and we're talking about Mid-County Madness. This is the most exciting game of the year for every Mid-County fan and is the culmination of one of the fiercest and friendliest high school rivalries in the state of Texas. Anything, and I mean anything, can happen at this game. Progress prior to MCM doesn't matter at that game and it won't matter come Friday. As focused as these communities can be on football and Friday night in the week before a regular game, Port Neches, Groves, and Nederland will all be taking things to a much higher level this week. The enthusiasm, motivation, and spirit of the fans, students, teachers, coaches, football players, bands, drill teams, cheerleading squads, and all others somehow associated with this game are going to be the deciding factors. Nederland could walk in and beat us 77-0 like YankeeDawg said, or the Indians could "take the Bulldogs to the woodshed" as some on the PN-G site have put it. There's any number of ways this game could go down, but one thing's for certain: both sides must take the other seriously.

That being said:

Do I hope the Indians will win? As always.

Do I think the Indians will win? Only because we're playing at the Reservation this year.

As always, it's gonna be a heck of a game no matter what the outcome.

Go Indians.

Looking back last night we did lose in overtime. Our back up, back up QB really moved the team some and made some passes that were not bad.

Our defense forced a couple of turnovers for the first time all year and played the run pretty well.

I'm going to go out on this limb, not a sturdy limb, but I think we can pull this off at the Reservation. We can't let some rookie coach come in to Mid County and hand him his first win in MCM.

Dogs win this one, 27-24.

Looking back last night we did lose in overtime. Our back up, back up QB really moved the team some and made some passes that were not bad.

Our defense forced a couple of turnovers for the first time all year and played the run pretty well.

I'm going to go out on this limb, not a sturdy limb, but I think we can pull this off at the Reservation. We can't let some rookie coach come in to Mid County and hand him his first win in MCM.

Dogs win this one, 27-24.

Admin stay off the sauce, where you at the Waller game? Defense 2 turnovers back to back in 2nd half that led to 14 points and put us back in the game. Yes we lost in overtime to a team that also may not win another game. If we win this game it will come off of defensive points.That limb your sitting on just turned in to a twig, don't go out any futher. ;D

We had the ball 1st and goal on the 2 1/2 yard line, and another series we had the ball 1st and goal at the 7. Both times we came away with 0 points trying to throw the ball and got intercepted both times. we're not going to beat anybody if we keep doing that.

PNG wins this one by 2 TDs, if not more.

I'm still a Dawg fan, but geeezzzzzz. Let's quit trying to fake people out and just take the ball and run 3 or 4 times.

There is an X-Factor here that goes far deeper than just the injuries. That x-factor is this team's motivation and determination. Nederland is not used to losing, and maybe we have been spoiled by teams of the past. When Smith had the flu, I saw a glimpse of this teams lack of determination against Friendswood. They came out flat from the beginning. Now that they have lost him again, they have lost that spark that he provided after the Waller game. Bottom line is, you can't expect a third string quarterback to lead a team to victory, especially in the environment of MCM. I expect a lot of Nederland turnovers in this one. And how about we try and run a sweep play without fumbling before we start trying to run versions of the wildcat. To be completely honest, I would be surprised to see this team win another game this year. I will probably be scolded by some Nederland folks for this, but it's an honest prediction based on what I have seen so far this year. PN-G by 24

I personally think it took a tremendous amount of determination and grit to tie that ballgame up last night.  We weren't playing well and had our third string QB in... yet the kids keep battling and tied it up.  Neumann applauded his teams effort as well, I guess it's just frustration, but I think our kids are playing their tails off.  JMO.

With all the injuries and losses, it's obvious that Nederland is down this year, but they're certainly not out and we're talking about Mid-County Madness. This is the most exciting game of the year for every Mid-County fan and is the culmination of one of the fiercest and friendliest high school rivalries in the state of Texas. Anything, and I mean anything, can happen at this game. Progress prior to MCM doesn't matter at that game and it won't matter come Friday. As focused as these communities can be on football and Friday night in the week before a regular game, Port Neches, Groves, and Nederland will all be taking things to a much higher level this week. The enthusiasm, motivation, and spirit of the fans, students, teachers, coaches, football players, bands, drill teams, cheerleading squads, and all others somehow associated with this game are going to be the deciding factors. Nederland could walk in and beat us 77-0 like YankeeDawg said, or the Indians could "take the Bulldogs to the woodshed" as some on the PN-G site have put it. There's any number of ways this game could go down, but one thing's for certain: both sides must take the other seriously.

That being said:

Do I hope the Indians will win? As always.

Do I think the Indians will win? Only because we're playing at the Reservation this year.

As always, it's gonna be a heck of a game no matter what the outcome.

Go Indians.

Excellent post BandKid. 

I personally think it took a tremendous amount of determination and grit to tie that ballgame up last night.  We weren't playing well and had our third string QB in... yet the kids keep battling and tied it up.  Neumann applauded his teams effort as well, I guess it's just frustration, but I think our kids are playing their tails off.  JMO.

Grit and determination should be a given.....Winning is everything at this level....There are no moral victory's....You have to go out and play with the hand you are dealt and bust some heads.....That means no more arm tackles and for god sakes the lineman have to block....I cant beleive what I am seeing from a Larry Neuman coached Bulldog team.....IMO the Dogs are not tough enough this year and I have seen this trend for the past 3 years.....Its time to toughen up and knock somebodys teeth out.....Personally, this year makes me want to puke!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder