MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

KFDM COOP

MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

• PN-G
    • Nederland

Turnovers will be the key to this game and there will be alot of them. MCM and 2 Quarterbacks that have not dealt with that pressure yet. It will matter. Dogs will have to score some points on Defense and Special Teams to win this one. I think you will see a swarming Defense on the Dogs side but with so many injuries and replacements someboby is going to miss a assignment/coverage. On Offense its simple, block and stay on your block and then block some more.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all satisfied about the results, there are no moral victories.... I guess I just don't question how hard the team is playing.  Execution is horrible, absolutely, I think anybody who knows a hill o beans about football can see that.  I just saw our kids play hard Friday? Maybe I'm in the minority.  We just aren't playing very good, and that's frustrating.  What we're going to find out over the next 6 weeks is if we aren't PLAYING good, or if we just aren't good. 

Port Arthur News today confirms Tyler Smith Ned's QB, sustain a broken hand and will be out 4 weeks.

I think our best bet over the next 4 weeks is to put Brady under center with Lovelady, Cardenas, and Salenga in the backfield and run the heck out of the ball.  We drove down the field with that formation against Ozen then decided to get cute and threw and INT in the endzone.

Nederland needs to find a way to get the ball in the hands of their best athletes on offense.  Ball control also helps the defense.  The best way to beat PN-G, is to keep Harmon and Doty on the sideline.

Port Arthur News today confirms Tyler Smith Ned's QB, sustain a broken hand and will be out 4 weeks.

I think our best bet over the next 4 weeks is to put Brady under center with Lovelady, Cardenas, and Salenga in the backfield and run the heck out of the ball.  We drove down the field with that formation against Ozen then decided to get cute and threw and INT in the endzone.

Nederland needs to find a way to get the ball in the hands of their best athletes on offense.  Ball control also helps the defense.  The best way to beat PN-G, is to keep Harmon and Doty on the sideline.

I like the sounds of that, Mack.. We did this a little last year in the Magnolia game with Cardenas lining up at QB. It was very effective. I have a question though that I think I already know the answer to. Isn't Dionte Forney ahead of Atterberry on the depth chart? How long will he be out? In essence, we are playing with our FOURTH QB. I think Atterberry got the start vs. Friendswood because we needed Dionte more on defense and Atterberry came in vs. Ozen because Dionte was out. Is this right or is Dionte not in the mix at QB anymore? Also, soph Corbin Carr (6'2 230)was a QB in 8th grade for an undefeated CO team. Does he factor anyomore at QB?

If PNG works out the kinks from the game with LCM and they provide better pass protection then PNG will move the ball up and down the field. They will work Harmon and Doty passing. Also PNG has only been running some very basic plays so far with the Offense. Yeah we did a trick play for a TD against LCM, but the offense hasen't opened up the playbood entirely yet. Also the PNG D hasen't started with alot of the stunts and blitz' yet either. The key for Nederland is to be able to stop Harmon. If they do then you have all the sure handed recievers to deal with ! Espically DeRon. But like years past and history, this is MCM !!! anything can happen. ESPN Should do a broadcast of a MCM game !!! That would be cool to be part of !!!

Isn't Dionte Forney ahead of Atterberry on the depth chart? How long will he be out? In essence, we are playing with our FOURTH QB. I think Atterberry got the start vs. Friendswood because we needed Dionte more on defense and Atterberry came in vs. Ozen because Dionte was out. Is this right or is Dionte not in the mix at QB anymore? Also, soph Corbin Carr (6'2 230)was a QB in 8th grade for an undefeated CO team. Does he factor anyomore at QB?

Even if Dionte was healthy he is too slow footed. Corbin Carr is also very slow. They would get killed against PNG's defense.

Not at all satisfied about the results, there are no moral victories.... I guess I just don't question how hard the team is playing.  Execution is horrible, absolutely, I think anybody who knows a hill o beans about football can see that.  I just saw our kids play hard Friday? Maybe I'm in the minority.  We just aren't playing very good, and that's frustrating.  What we're going to find out over the next 6 weeks is if we aren't PLAYING good, or if we just aren't good. 

I feel your pain, Penny. Excluding the injuries you guys have suffered this year, last year was very frustrating for PNG.

If the dawgs can't stop the run they are in for a loooonnnng night...

PNG 34

Ned 7

LCM couldn't stop the run. Someone explain to me how they were less than 15 yards away from the winning touchdown with less than 30 seconds left?

They could have tied it but he threw an INT.

Coop, pls let an Indian answer.

It wasn't the winning touchdown, but a possible tieing one.  Unlike Nederland LCM can actually move the ball on offense.  I hate that Nederland is having such a unlucky season with all the injuries.  I'm praying for all those students a full a blessed recovery.  As for the game this Friday, I see PNG winning by 2-3 touchdowns. 

Before last week,  would say it is a toss up. Now, Indians most likely win this one and it could be by a wide margin. No excuses but with injuries QB's and secondary, we are in trouble. I hear forney may be done for the season.

Maybe will bring up some underclassmen to help. A lot of depth down there.

As always it will be a great atmosphere and all the players will play hard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder