WO-S at Jasper/Dawgs win 23-13/Comments

Wasn't there but that sure isn't the way that the Jasper annoucers saw it..

Penalties-yards WO-S  10-70    Jasper  14-102.  How in the world Jasper got a face mask while on defense on 4th and forever is beyond me but I am sure they did it.

I only heard 2 flags being waved off and one was in each teams favor, but like I said I wasn't there.  Either way Jasper won that game straight up without the help of any zebras.

I was not saying the refs had anything to do with it. The bulldogs played their butts off.

Its just normal. teams get fired up to play us. But when it comes down to it, and we go to playoffs

We will forget about this game and jasper will still be living on it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penalties-yards WO-S  10-70     Jasper   14-102.  How in the world Jasper got a face mask while on defense on 4th and forever is beyond me but I am sure they did it.

I only heard 2 flags being waved off and one was in each teams favor, but like I said I wasn't there.  Either way Jasper won that game straight up without the help of any zebras.

I was not saying the refs had anything to do with it. The bulldogs played their butts off.

Its just normal. teams get fired up to play us. But when it comes down to it, and we go to playoffs

Of course they will be living on it, WO-S has multiple State titles under their belt.  You build on beating a team that is a powerhouse.  WO-S got their gut check moment early in the season and will only be better after this lose.

Penalties-yards WO-S  10-70     Jasper   14-102.  How in the world Jasper got a face mask while on defense on 4th and forever is beyond me but I am sure they did it.

Of course they will be living on it, WO-S has multiple State titles under their belt.  You build on beating a team that is a powerhouse.  WO-S got their gut check moment early in the season and will only be better after this lose.

lets hope...

lets hope...

Who does WO-S have left in predistrict?  They should cruise through district as usual.  Silsbee might be able to hang with them again this year, but I can't see them losing to the Tigers.  Silsbee is one of those other schools in the area with a knack of playing WO-S close games though.

Well, Well...poor stangs!!! I'm so proud of the Bulldogs!!!! I have read every page on this thread and it just amazes me at some of the posts people make! lol I'm still in shock that Jasper beat WO-S, but from what I read, Jasper was the better team tonight. It seems like WO-S never could get going. Funny, kind of sounds like a repeat of last weeks game except, there was this thing...oh never mind..LOL anyway...back to the Dawgs!!! GREAT JOB BULLDOGS!!!! As for as the "dumping of ice" I can guarantee you if Kville had come away with the win, Alvarez would have gotten poured on too. Its not about a preseason game, or district game, its about a team that has dominated this ENTIRE area for so many years, that pretty much got it handed to 'em. They deserved the celebration. As usual, WO-S faithfuls come on here and discredit any team for playing better..making excuses that their team is so much better than this, its the penalties, dropped passes, etc..well maybe they're not! I know that's hard to fathem..but maybe just maybe, the other teams you've been playing have been much better and are the reasons for all the mistakes they're making. JMO!!!!

WAY TO GO BULLDOGS AND THE KVILLE WILDCATS ON YOUR WIN TONIGHT!!!!

Well, Well...poor stangs!!! I'm so proud of the Bulldogs!!!! I have read every page on this thread and it just amazes me at some of the posts people make! lol I'm still in shock that Jasper beat WO-S, but from what I read, Jasper was the better team tonight. It seems like WO-S never could get going. Funny, kind of sounds like a repeat of last weeks game except, there was this thing...oh never mind..LOL anyway...back to the Dawgs!!! GREAT JOB BULLDOGS!!!! As for as the "dumping of ice" I can guarantee you if Kville had come away with the win, Alvarez would have gotten poured on too. Its not about a preseason game, or district game, its about a team that has dominated this ENTIRE area for so many years, that pretty much got it handed to 'em. They deserved the celebration. As usual, WO-S faithfuls come on here and discredit any team for playing better..making excuses that their team is so much better than this, its the penalties, dropped passes, etc..well maybe they're not! I know that's hard to fathem..but maybe just maybe, the other teams you've been playing have been much better and are the reasons for all the mistakes they're making. JMO!!!!

WAY TO GO BULLDOGS AND THE KVILLE WILDCATS ON YOUR WIN TONIGHT!!!!

no doubt!

I have only read the posts on this page but from my observation, we got our hats handed to us.  Jasper is physical and they came to play.  We're still trying to gel on offense.  Something is wrong if you can't score on 1st and goal.  We've got two weeks for the next opponent to lick our wounds and work out the kinks.  The way I saw it though, we've got some guys that are afraid to get hit when the ball gets in their hands.  What's up with that?  On the other hand, #43 played his rear off and his cousin #44 is just as tough on defense.  I'm impressed with Britton's versatility.

I hate losing, but we need to regroup and regain some focus.

Jasper 23 - #3 WO-S 13

First I'd like to start differently by tipping my hat to the West Orange-Stark Mustangs for a great game. Those guys are very talented and will be extremely tough come playoff time.

The Jasper Bulldogs, to those who have watched both games versus Gilmer and Kirbyville, did not do anything surprising tonight. This win was expected because of solid defensive play and a great offensive scheme. Jasper showed a lot of heart tonight in their home opener and they began the game with a lot of emotion, but unlike the Gilmer game, there was no letdown in the second half. This is a talented group of young men with a Guru for a coach whose passion for the game is reflected by his players. This was a great win and should get the State's attention. And to the doubters... THE DOGS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR!!! Celebrate tonight. Lets gets focused on Hamshire-Fannett next week.

One game at a time....

ALL THE WAY DOGS!!!

Not much of a surprise really!! I expected Jasper to be able to play with WO-S.  Jasper played a good first half with Gilmer, so I knew they had talent.  WO-S is just not playing the complete game.  The WO-S offensive line has to get more physical, receivers have to start making plays.  Defense is playing well enough to win.  Looking forward to Jasper vs. Carthage game, that should be for district title

Not much of a surprise really!! I expected Jasper to be able to play with WO-S.  Jasper played a good first half with Gilmer, so I knew they had talent.  WO-S is just not playing the complete game.  The WO-S offensive line has to get more physical, receivers have to start making plays.  Defense is playing well enough to win.  Looking forward to Jasper vs. Carthage game, that should be for district title

Absolutely!!!! They should both be State ranked by then... Cant wait!!!

Guest rykerx144

lets hope...

aint that the same song yall was singing last week!  we will only get better after this week?  I feel sorry for the bulldogs???

3 over turned calls, how many times do you see that in a game ??? ???

Jasper won this game because the refs were on their side. ::)

Has it ever occurred that Jasper may be the better team? Have you gave any thought to that?

What did i tell you last week???? ??? You won't beat ANYBODY with that kind of play. Yes Jasper is good but that isn't why the dropped passes and snaps over the QB's head continues.

Gee, can I come on this thread?  ;D

Hey Gas, how about one of those objective summaries of this game? Don't mention turnovers or penalties or you will be called a whiner!

I went to the ghost of a message board you have and was looking for the whiner thread so I could copy paste it here. To my surprise, there wasn't one....they're all over here.   ;D Of course, if I did something like that, that would make me a putz.  ;) I guess that board is just for back patting and there sure isn't much of that to be done.

Before you attack me and my Bulldogs for losing to you and getting the tar whipped out of us last night (which is your only recourse), remember, we don't have our heads stuck where the sun don't shine and denounce every team in the area.

Even as poorly as the Mustangs played, they still were in position to win this game at the end.  They really need to fix their red zone offense fast.  They get inside the ten and lose their minds.  Every game this year, when inside the 10 yard line, they get stupid penalties and fumbled snaps.  The coaches need to step up and make better calls in those situations as well.  When things aren't going as planned, they seem to always just put Franks or Haynes @ QB, as if everyone in the stadium doesn't know that it is a keeper.  They can't come up with a decent play, so they just hope and pray that one of their athletes can bail them out.  This has worked over the years, but it always fails when the other team has just as many athletes as we do.  Also, I don't think that the stars on this team has the heart that the stars of past has had.  In the past, you knew who was getting the ball in pressure situations, but they still seemed to make the plays.  This group of stars seem to fail under those pressure situation, by either fumbling the snap, slipping, dropping passes, etc.  This post has nothing to do with Jasper.  They played excellent.  I am just pointing out some of WOS problems.  As much as I hate to say this, but these are the intangibles of the game, and either you got em or you don't.  I am not so sure that these blunders can be corrected.  You can not fix heart.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin