WO-S at Jasper/Dawgs win 23-13/Comments

WOS does not bother me at all. I've said in the past many times what a quality program they have and how much respect I have for Coach Hooks. It's a few fans and my Newton Eagles have them also that absolutely will not aknowledge anything negative about their team. You can be a true fan without continually argueing that the only reasons you have underachieved is due to your players inabilities or referees flags. Sometimes the other teams simply out play you.

i agree 100%! like ive said in previous posts we were beaten by a superior team this past friday. the area should be WELL represented in the playoffs this year and i hope someone can bring home the title...

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The locked thread on WOS offense.

I guess other teams are fair game, but when someone brings up WOS their coaches have the stroke to shut down a thread ;D ;D

please explain what it is about wos that bothers you so much! did they break your heart in the past and you just cant let it go? seriously,what is it? youve been running your trap non-stop about anything and everything that contains the letters W O S.... give it a break!

WOS does not bother me.

Coaches wanting threads locked, threads disappearing when someone says anything critical of the almighty Stangs, just is funny to me.

;D

WOS does not bother me at all. I've said in the past many times what a quality program they have and how much respect I have for Coach Hooks. It's a few fans and my Newton Eagles have them also that absolutely will not aknowledge anything negative about their team. You can be a true fan without continually argueing that the only reasons you have underachieved is due to your players inabilities or referees flags. Sometimes the other teams simply out play you.

i agree 100%! like ive said in previous posts we were beaten by a superior team this past friday. the area should be WELL represented in the playoffs this year and i hope someone can bring home the title...

Excellent! I agree. Maybe even multiple titles in different classes!

Guest ECBucFan

The locked thread on WOS offense.

I guess other teams are fair game, but when someone brings up WOS their coaches have the stroke to shut down a thread ;D ;D

I think it just happened again!  ;D      ROFLMAO!    ;D ;D ;D

Here was Coach Hooks take on the Jasper/WOS game:

AirPlay

Still too early to panic, or think playoffs

by Gary Stelly

You could assume that practice on Monday morning at West Orange-Stark probably wasn’t a pleasant one if you wear a varsity helmet.  For the second straight week the Mustang offense sputtered although the Jasper defense had something to do with that.

The Mustang “O” didn’t reach the red zone until the fourth quarter and lost 23-13 to the Bulldogs.  It was their first loss of the season after starting the year with three straight wins.

Besides the excellent pressure that Jasper put on WOS quarterback Reggie Garrett, there were plenty of dropped passes, especially in the second half.

Was it the surprise rain that caused the problems?  After the game Coach Hooks responded, “The wet ball didn’t bother Jasper!  But it sure bothered us.  The bottom line is that right now, we have athletes and Jasper has football players.”

The Mustang defense was awesome as Jasper didn’t score an offensive touchdown until the fourth quarter.  They held the Bulldogs three times in the red zone that resulted in short field goals.  The other Bulldog score came on defense when an interception was returned for a touchdown.

Jasper first year coach Mike Bickham did an excellent job of preparing for WOS.  They seemed to be in their huddle when many of their plays were called.

But while some WOS fans want to sharpen the guillotine, they’re still 3-1 on the season.  And losing their spot in the top ten doesn’t matter.  They’ll get this week off to work on whatever problems they’ve found on film, and then hit the road on Oct. 2 to play Brookshire-Royal before they’re next big game, the district opener at Silsbee.

The Mustang defense was awesome as Jasper didn’t score an offensive touchdown until the fourth quarter.  They held the Bulldogs three times in the red zone that resulted in short field goals.  The other Bulldog score came on defense when an interception was returned for a touchdown.

Apparently the Jasper defense was much better. ;)

aggie, let me put it to u this way.YOU were not at this game if you were u did not see what alot of people did. what dan hooks said in his statement was all true, jasper had it togather  and the mustangs were not. as far as defence goes the little kid  from  west orange did  well agnest jasper BIG D. the kid carried a few BIG kids  about  5  yards every time he got the ball and that was not much. ALL THE PRESSER that jasper put on garrett was from outside ,thats the way it was all night NO BIG linemen never got to him. i will not reply back to this eny more its history its over its in the books we LOST, AGGIE BE READY THIS COMING THIS OCT

you notice hooks even has a hard time admitting that Jasper is a better team than wos...we have athletes they have football players..sounds like he is insinuating that when their athletes become football players they will beat jasper..that is so funny...he is right they did look soft..the little soph running back did look like he has alot of heart, he should think about transferring to LCM since their program in on the rise..

How can anyone have a problem with the statement, "We have athletes they had football players.".

He knows that the coaches make football players. He gave the Jasper coaching staff and players a compliment.

I have seen many times on this site.....You have a bunch of athletes....but you fall short of your expectations.

Dan Hooks just motivated his athletes by letting them know that they are not a football team yet. He is a good coach, knows the truth, and is trying to get his team back on track.

How can anyone have a problem with the statement, "We have athletes they had football players.".

He knows that the coaches make football players. He gave the Jasper coaching staff and players a compliment.

I have seen many times on this site.....You have a bunch of athletes....but you fall short of your expectations.

Dan Hooks just motivated his athletes by letting them know that they are not a football team yet. He is a good coach, knows the truth, and is trying to get his team back on track.

Great post!

I agree 100%.

I took the statement as a compliment to Jasper coaches and players.  :)

This is tough now for WOS fans, players and coaches, but it was exactly what both teams needed.  A test; now they both have a report card of how they have done, and on what they must do to win in the very competitive playoffs.  Both teams should go a long way this year.

Man the fans in jasper are hilarious! Our offense at WOS was just not even close to beig on the same page! We have ran different types of plays every week! Thas what happens when you have a new OC! Ya'll can seriously get over the fact that ya'll beat WOS! The team isnt panicing not one bit and is very anxious for the next game! The fact is ya'll planned for us for 2 weeks while we were in a dog fight with kirbyville then had to try to get ready for ya'll! I personally cant wait to play ya'll again! Ya'll should just take the victory and be satisfied, because rubbing a win in the mustangs face isnt the smartest thing to do! And for the jaspers awesome defense comment ya'll gave up about a million points to gilmer! Not so awesome!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder