WO-S at Jasper/Dawgs win 23-13/Comments

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop is here. It isn't the playcalling!!!!! Passes are being thrown in the middle of the field but being dropped. Things will not get any better until passes or caught and Penalties are cut WAY down.

the D can only do so much. I think its fair to say WOS doesnt have a good O this year, it is what it is. ive seen WOS teams with average O's that went far in the playoffs, but that was 4A with more talent than now.

Wow...simply wow. I'm not really sure what to say or feel about what I witnessed tonight and even the past 2 + weeks! Gotta coach 'em up Hooks! WO-S has wayyyy tooo much talent to play like this! I'm at a loss for words here tonight.  :-\ Gotta hand it Jasper, you guys played inspired football tonight, and deserved to win. On the flip side, I'd rather feel the agony of defeat in a non-district game, than in round three of the playoffs...again! Let's go 'Stangs!  :)

1 2 3 4 Total

West Orange-Stark 0 0 0 13 13

Jasper 13 0 0 10 23

Scoring summary

JAS -- Shane Savant 32-yard interception return (Juan Mijarez kick), 8:23, 1st.

JAS -- Juan Mijarez 32-yard field goal, 1:43, 1st.

JAS -- Juan Mijarez 25-yard field goal, 10:20, 1st.

WOS -- Justin Francis 20-yard pass from Reggie Garrett (Justin Sparrow kick), 7:29, 4th.

JAS -- Juan Mijarez 19-yard field goal, 4:17, 4th.

WOS -- Britton Lindsey 6-yard run (kick failed), 11:54, 4th.

JAS -- Sam Alvis 33-yard run (Juan Mijarez kick), 11:07, 4th.

Team Stats

West Orange-Stark Jasper

Total yards 198                 293

First downs 10                   8

Rushes/Yds 25/31     37/188

Average rush 1.24       5.08

Comp/Atts 13/27/3       2/4/0

Pass yards 167               105

Comp pct 48.15              50

Punts 0                         0

Punting Yards 0         0

Punting Average 0           0

Fumbles/Lost 2/1         1/1

Penalties-yards 10-70        14-102

West Orange-Stark

Passing

Name Comp         Att Pct Yds TD INT

Reggie Garrett 13 27 167 1 3

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att

James Haynes 1 -2

Trey Franks 2 -16

Reggie Garrett 6 -2

Britton Lindsey 16 51

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch

James Haynes 1 1

Justin Francis 2 24

Mark Roberts 2 10

Trey Franks  5 73

Britton Lindsey 3 50

Jasper

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Sam Alvis 2 4 50 105 0 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Ben Armstrong 17 105

Sam Alvis 17 82

Jarrod Adams 2 -1

Karrion Morrisey 1 2

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Jarrod Adams 2 105

First of all congrats to the bulldogs tonight ya'll played well and beat us fare and square! The WOS defense kept us in the game till the end! It just looks like here lately the offense is just riding the defense backs and then trying to score points and win games in the 4th quarter! But you cant do that against good football teams like jasper! We did everything terrible on offense tonight from the play calling to the execution to the dropped passes! just ugly!!!!! THe only one who did everything right on offense in lil #43 he caught all the passes he could and ran well! But we must step it up on offense as a team! And there were a few weird waved off penalties that didnt make sense! But bottom line is WOS has to get the offense going! Congrats bulldogs and i hope to see ya'll in the playoffs!!!

I actually think this is an eye opener for the stangs, that games are not just gonna be handed to them.

Id rather lose here and make it all the way past the 3rd round. All great winners learn how to lose.

This will only make them better. But good game to the Jasper Bulldogs. But the 3 flags against jasper that were

overturned killed us.  The line judge on jasper side definitly lettered tonight..

I actually think this is an eye opener for the stangs, that games are not just gonna be handed to them.

Id rather lose here and make it all the way past the 3rd round. All great winners learn how to lose.

This will only make them better. But good game to the Jasper Bulldogs. But the 3 flags against jasper that were

overturned killed us.  The line judge on jasper side definitly lettered tonight..

Wasn't there but that sure isn't the way that the Jasper annoucers saw it..

Penalties-yards WO-S  10-70     Jasper   14-102.  How in the world Jasper got a face mask while on defense on 4th and forever is beyond me but I am sure they did it.

I only heard 2 flags being waved off and one was in each teams favor, but like I said I wasn't there.  Either way Jasper won that game straight up without the help of any zebras.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin