DA' BROOK vs Spring Westfield....what's gonna happen?

SgtRey

No excuses, WF is better.  Next year we will see.  As far as the band, etc. not going that was a campus decision.  BISD central admin. had nothing to do with it.

So I've heard......man, back in the day, something like that would have never happened. You ALWAYS go to the game and support you team....NO EXCUSES!!! Not that it would have made much of a difference, but IMO, the band and drill team SHOULD have gone and supported the team. In fact, I can recall a game in 1989 when it rained at Delmar Stadium while playing Jack Yates HS. The band simply removed their uniforms, and marched the halftime show in shorts and t-shirts. Brass and percussion played, and the woodwinds hummed their parts. After halftime, the band loaded the busses and went home. BUT, they were there and supported our team. Very disappointing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses, WF is better.  Next year we will see.  As far as the band, etc. not going that was a campus decision.  BISD central admin. had nothing to do with it.

So I've heard......man, back in the day, something like that would have never happened. You ALWAYS go to the game and support you team....NO EXCUSES!!! Not that it would have made much of a difference, but IMO, the band and drill team SHOULD have gone and supported the team. In fact, I can recall a game in 1989 when it rained at Delmar Stadium while playing Jack Yates HS. The band simply removed their uniforms, and marched the halftime show in shorts and t-shirts. Brass and percussion played, and the woodwinds hummed their parts. After halftime, the band loaded the busses and went home. BUT, they were there and supported our team. Very disappointing.

Yep, exactly.  When I was at Central, if our football team played, our band played.  Football team is on the field, the band Marched.  The only thing is that the drill teams would not come out to perform...

The word on the street is that 70 kids went home friday sick at the Brook.  Several cases of "The Flu" have been verified.  So rather than have that many students in close quarters for a long time may spread more.  Our soccer team played one yesterday from west brook who was missing five out of seventeen players from west brook due to sickness.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124