DA' BROOK vs Spring Westfield....what's gonna happen?

SgtRey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does 'Da' Brook put all the pieces together this week for the big test?

Pass/Run - Offense,Pass/Run Defense, Special Teams, No penalties!!!

Predictons...

Wesfield put up 400+ yards on Cy-Falls with 2 RB's getting over 100 yards.  I believe that Brook's defense will not allow this, but my question is can they keep the intensity on Defense while getting that offense together.  I'm not quite sure, but this will be another defensive struggle with Westfield sneaking out with a W.  28-24.

Does 'Da' Brook put all the pieces together this week for the big test?

Pass/Run - Offense,Pass/Run Defense, Special Teams, No penalties!!!

Predictons...

Wesfield put up 400+ yards on Cy-Falls with 2 RB's getting over 100 yards.  I believe that Brook's defense will not allow this, but my question is can they keep the intensity on Defense while getting that offense together.  I'm not quite sure, but this will be another defensive struggle with Westfield sneaking out with a W.  28-24.

I can't say anything.... :-X :-X, I can only hope we play our best game this year!!

Westfield is always athletic and fast. Jamaal Charles put 400 yards rushing on 50 carries against them a few years ago, but that was Jamaal Charles.

Did they win?

Actually they did in a blowout...

Pam won but it took every inch of those 400 yards from JC plus a late 4th quarter pick to seal the deal.  Also, I saw what WB has and they're not ready for Big Boy Ball.

I believe Stumps strategy this year is to hold the opposition to just 14 points, and find a way to score 17 or so. I believe we can do that. Lets be realistic, we dont have the offense this year that we've had in years past. However, we've got a defense that, so far, has been able to make up for the lack of offensive production. I dont know much about Westfield, other than they've dominated us in the past, and they will more than likely beat us again this year. BUT, if our offense starts to come around, we could make things very tough on the Mustangs. Maybe it's time Stump started playing some kids both ways. We've got a ton of athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure some of that speed and quickness could be utilized to help put more points on the board. Just my .02 worth. What do you think, Sarge?

I believe Stumps strategy this year is to hold the opposition to just 14 points, and find a way to score 17 or so. I believe we can do that. Lets be realistic, we dont have the offense this year that we've had in years past. However, we've got a defense that, so far, has been able to make up for the lack of offensive production. I dont know much about Westfield, other than they've dominated us in the past, and they will more than likely beat us again this year. BUT, if our offense starts to come around, we could make things very tough on the Mustangs. Maybe it's time Stump started playing some kids both ways. We've got a ton of athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure some of that speed and quickness could be utilized to help put more points on the board. Just my .02 worth. What do you think, Sarge?

I don't see too many things changing...personnel wise.  However I do remember, Jordan Garrett, moving to Corner/safety last year, and still playing Wide out/ RB...so it's not out of the question.  I think we have everything in place...I do feel that we will measure the 1st qtr of our season this Friday...but then again, your asking a Former Marine....we're a bit on the 'we don't know how to loose' side...it rubs off on my boy too...so I have to say, we'll be ok.. ;D ;D

I don't see too many things changing...personnel wise.  However I do remember, Jordan Garrett, moving to Corner/safety last year, and still playing Wide out/ RB...so it's not out of the question.  I think we have everything in place...I do feel that we will measure the 1st qtr of our season this Friday...but then again, your asking a Former Marine....we're a bit on the 'we don't know how to loose' side...it rubs off on my boy too...so I have to say, we'll be ok.. ;D ;D

Man, I sure hope you're right about that. However, I've seen Westfield play before. The coaches over there are top notch, and they've got great talent and speed. I really would like to see us beat them, however, we have yet to do that. We should have a better idea where we eare at as a team after this Friday, but, not to be negative, I just dont see us having the tools to beat a top teir 5A team like them right now. Maybe I'll be wrong......

We'll just have to wait to see what happens Friday.

Man, I sure hope you're right about that. However, I've seen Westfield play before. The coaches over there are top notch, and they've got great talent and speed. I really would like to see us beat them, however, we have yet to do that. We should have a better idea where we eare at as a team after this Friday, but, not to be negative, I just dont see us having the tools to beat a top teir 5A team like them right now. Maybe I'll be wrong......

This is Bruce Reyes Jr. (Yes the quarterback for West Brook)

I've seen film on Westfield already. Their linebackers are slow in reaction.

Their 3 down lineman are big but slow.

The best people on their team is their 2 safeties and the quarterback and running back

Nothing else.

Well, since you've seen film on them.....whats your opinion on how we'll do against them. I know our defense should be in good shape, but I gotta tell ya...I'm a little worried about our ability to put points on the board. You cant do it all by yourself, although you've done a great job thus far. You've got to have a little help in the RB department. What can we expect to see?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124