* BC vs. Liberty..BC Wins/Comments*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

Champ is right...with the amount of athletes they have, it's almost impossible not to win! They could have Ashley Simpson as their head coach and they would still win district just because of their speed.  

My youngest brother played for LaMargue back in the late 80's. They played Plano in the state championship game. LaMargue was predominately black. Plano was predominately white. Those corn fed white boys motored up and down the field and kept the speed of LaMargue on the sidelines. Plano won of course. My point is, Speed helps no doubt but it is not everything. I agree back to BC.

The other day I was going to see my son and noticed WOS varsity was in full pads on a Thursday and they played Nederland on Friday. That is the difference. I am sure it was just a walk through but it is a lot hotter with pads on. If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard. Well That is why WOS has not lost a district game in, well since they dropped to 3A.

i'm  pretty sure everyone is in full pads the day before the game (reguardless of race). The reason WOS is so good is because they have one of the biggest enrollments in 3A have always had so much talent to work with and and a coach that has been there forever and has a system that works. I guarantee you WOS does not work any harder than alot of teams in this area. And as for the comment about white kids, that's completely absurd for someone to say especially for an adult with a kid that plays football. In my opinion you're no different than any of the other band-wagon riding "t-shirt" fans if that's the way you think about football.

BC does not practice in pads the day before games and WOS has one of the smallest enrollments in 3A. get your facts straight

I definately agree with Champ! There is no way that WOS's success comes from some "old school" coaching.  The talent on their team is easily head and shoulders above everybody in their district and possibly the whole class 3A.  We've had to play them every year and it's completely ridiculous how fast those kids get through the holes and get downfield.  I also think that this "bleedorange" guy is completely ignorant!!!!  Oh, and i've also never seen a team that didn't go full pads on thursdays before the game.

You apparently have not seen too many teams.

lol, just stop while you're ahead...

you are racist... or atleast you're making racial comments that are uncalled for...

BC is out every thursday afternoon in full pads, as are many other teams...

Back to B.C. what's the real reason they don't throw to Rhodes?

My guess is either he is not open or he can't catch.

If you have seen him play you know that is not the answer!  He can and does do both extremely well, my opinion is the qb doesn't see him open, or can't complete the pass to him!

Guest bleed orange

I definately agree with Champ! There is no way that WOS's success comes from some "old school" coaching.  The talent on their team is easily head and shoulders above everybody in their district and possibly the whole class 3A.  We've had to play them every year and it's completely ridiculous how fast those kids get through the holes and get downfield.  I also think that this "bleedorange" guy is completely ignorant!!!!  Oh, and i've also never seen a team that didn't go full pads on thursdays before the game.

you are racist... or atleast you're making racial comments that are uncalled for...

I am white, made a comment about white kids and now I am a racist. WOW!!!!! That is a first.  ::) ::)

Some say they don't and you say they do. Who is telling the truth?  I will go with the "Some".

Back to B.C. what's the real reason they don't throw to Rhodes?

My guess is either he is not open or he can't catch.

If you have seen him play you know that is not the answer!  He can and does do both extremely well, my opinion is the qb doesn't see him open, or can't complete the pass to him!

and that could lead to the line not being able to protect the QB. It's hard to see the entire field if you are running for your life.

I have no idea what's happening on the field with BC, I am just giving you reasonable answers to the questions put forth.

The "QB doesn't like the reciever" reason is about as foolish as it gets. That has no merit.

I definately agree with Champ! There is no way that WOS's success comes from some "old school" coaching.  The talent on their team is easily head and shoulders above everybody in their district and possibly the whole class 3A.  We've had to play them every year and it's completely ridiculous how fast those kids get through the holes and get downfield.  I also think that this "bleedorange" guy is completely ignorant!!!!  Oh, and i've also never seen a team that didn't go full pads on thursdays before the game.

I am white, made a comment about white kids and now I am a racist. WOW!!!!! That is a first.  ::) ::)

Some say they don't and you say they do. Who is telling the truth?  I will go with the "Some".

go watch them practise this afternoon then,

you'll see for yourself,

but considering i was at every practice and game with BC last season im sure id pick up on them not in pads by now...

Orange Leader

by Gabe Pruitt

One on one with Coach Chris Stump:

Coach , you are 1-0 and tied for the lead in a competitive 3A district. Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions that have been a hot topic on the local message boards.

1. Why are the corners playing so far off?

Gabe, our defensive scheme predicates what the opponents gives us. We are 1-0 , Gabe

2. OL needs a little more meat on the bones.

Gabe, we are still recovering from Ike. We are 1-0 , Gabe.

3. Was wondering how come they didn't throw to the Rhodes kid at all....just curious

Gabe, the Rhodes kid can run down fly balls like no one, it's pre-district, we will not show all yet. We are 1-0, Gabe

4. I've been told by several people that last years JV QB was fast and ran the ball great last year and was a very accurate passer.  Where's he at, did he move, or is he still on JV??

Gabe, we are blessed with two quality QB's that most teams could only wish for. We are 1-0 , Gabe

5. I hardly ever see the coaches coach during the game.

Gabe, we are educators first. We are 1-0, Gabe

6. If you were in full pads on Thursday, would your players whine to their parents on Thursday night?

Gabe, I thought you had a no drink clause in your contract during working hours?  We are 1-0, Gabe

Coach, thanks for taking the time out of your busy day and good luck against Kountze.

Orange Leader

by Gabe Pruitt

Coach , you are 1-0 and tied for the lead in a competitive 3A district. Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions that have been a hot topic on the local message boards.

Gabe, our defensive scheme predicates what the opponents gives us. We are 1-0 , Gabe

3. Was wondering how come they didn't throw to the Rhodes kid at all....just curious

Gabe, the Rhodes kid can run down fly balls like no one, it's pre-district, we will not show all yet. We are 1-0, Gabe

4. I've been told by several people that last years JV QB was fast and ran the ball great last year and was a very accurate passer.  Where's he at, did he move, or is he still on JV??

Gabe, we are blessed with two quality QB's that most teams could only wish for. We are 1-0 , Gabe

6. If you were in full pads on Thursday, would your players whine to their parents on Thursday night?

Gabe, I thought you had a no drink clause in your contract during working hours?  We are 1-0, Gabe

Coach, thanks for taking the time out of your busy day and good luck against Kountze.

That was awesome  :D

Guest bleed orange

Orange Leader

by Gabe Pruitt

Good post, I want to make something clear. I did not single out BC about the kids whining. It was a generalization of a bunch of schools. Not just from this area but all over the country. If you think it does not go on you are sadly mistaken. It has happened at Orangefield in the past. Orangefield is no different than any other school.

Orange Leader

by Gabe Pruitt

Were any of those answers your opinions or was it all in good fun?

Guest tigersvoice

Orange Leader

by Gabe Pruitt

Were any of those answers your opinions or was it all in good fun?

You were late getting to class today weren't your sport777?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder