BC Regional Waco updates here

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone knows when the BC team should arrive home?  It will be only proper to receive them as our little heroes.  They put an awesome show last night on national tv.  I believe all of our SE Texas counties are extremely proud of them.  We want to be there for them.  :'( :'( :'(

Congrats on a fine season. Been rooting for yall from Baytown after friends team lost to you guys at state. He said that yalls kids and their kids got a long great and if they couldnt win it they wanted yall to. From what I saw last night, no attitudes and good kids. Can't ask for more than that. Congrats again

How is this possible?  I thought Little League was community based teams.  How does that many schools feed into one league? 

In answer to the question, Little League sets up boundaries according to the areas chartered leagues serve.  In the past, BCLL served the BC/OF area, Twin County LL served the LCM/Mauriceville/Deweyville area, and WESCO LL served the WOS and parts of the OF/BC area, because of the boundaries that were determined by LL International.  With the demise of both TCLL and WESCO, the BC area increased to cover the areas formerly covered by TCLL and WESCO.  Therefore, as I understand it, there was no need for waivers, since the area belongs to BCLL.  If Little League Incorportated returned to the Orange area, the area covered by BCLL would be reduced, and the new or rechartered league would get the area around it's local ball parks.  The OYBS is not affiliated with the Little League Incorporated organization, it is affiliated with the Pony Youth organization, therefore there is no conflict of a kid being in one area and playing in another.

theres no need to  answer any questions here . bc did awesome and im very proud of each and everyone of them hope they have same group in baberuth or something great to see a team play as a team doesnt get any better than that great coaching also so from a nederlamd baseball dad my hats off to all involved in bcll congrats!!!!and it  musta been an awesome ride!!    :o

If you do want to question boundaries, start with the San Antonio team. During the game they listed player home towns from Florida, California and many other places far from San Antonio.

Lil' Ole BC has had a long stretch of very strong baseball. Looks like the well will be plentiful for a number of years to come.

Congrats to all players and coaches, you represented your league well.

Guest Orangeboy

If you do want to question boundaries, start with the San Antonio team. During the game they listed player home towns from Florida, California and many other places far from San Antonio.

Lil' Ole BC has had a long stretch of very strong baseball. Looks like the well will be plentiful for a number of years to come.

Congrats to all players and coaches, you represented your league well.

You have to remember that San Antonio has a large population of military personell and that is propbably the reason for the kids hometowns being listed as such. Way to go BC, proud of you guys.

theres no need to  answer any questions here . bc did awesome and im very proud of each and everyone of them hope they have same group in baberuth or something great to see a team play as a team doesnt get any better than that great coaching also so from a nederlamd baseball dad my hats off to all involved in bcll congrats!!!!and it  musta been an awesome ride!!     :o

I don't think the question was a bad one, or an accusatory one, silly.  Earlier in the thread someone had mentioned that some of the kids had gotten waivers, but since there were no leagues in Orange proper, there was no need for waivers.  BCLL is hnd has always been a class organization, with serious parent volunteer participation, which is what makes a great league.  The parent volunteer participation in both TCLL and WESCO had dwindled dramatically, and for TCLL, hurricane Rita was the first nail, and hurricane Ike was the final nail in it's coffin.   

Having said that, my congratulations goes out to the entire BCLL organization, and it's 11-12 yo All Stars in particular.  Knowing what it takes to field, coach, and prepare the team for the All Star tournament, I give props to the parent volunteers that went all out for their kids, this even as many were not in their homes because of Ike.  It was an effort of champions, both on the field, and off...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder