Lutheran High North High School - Houston

Yeah I hear you................I think that HJ is trying to get High Island and Spurger on the schedule this season as well!!!!!! ::) ::)

Last time I checked with ample time given you can back out of a game..................WOS did it!!!!  DV you have been there since May......you could have dropped a game and added Willowridge or Wheatley to the schedule!!! :D :D

LAZEEK, I dont think you would wont Spurger on your schedule.Just might be a little better

than you think.Carefull what you say when you try to put somebody else down ;) ;)

Spurger may not beat the almighty HJ,but the would scare people like you to death ;D ;D

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't put High Island and Spurger in the same category.Spurger would have some interesting matchups with the Hawks this year.Blankenship may be the best kept secret in this area when it comes to shooters and Whittacre can hold his own in the paint.Assuming both clubs make the playoffs (and they will)I would pay to see this game as a warmup.

I certainly wouldn't put High Island and Spurger in the same category.Spurger would have some interesting matchups with the Hawks this year.Blankenship may be the best kept secret in this area when it comes to shooters and Whittacre can hold his own in the paint.Assuming both clubs make the playoffs (and they will)I would pay to see this game as a warmup.

Saw Spurger play this summer. They looked very good. They will have a good year.......

Guest DickVitale

No way, man..whats the post man's size at Spurger, 5'11"!!! Dude, are you serious? HJ would beat them bad and Silsbee would KILL that team..Spurger? No way dude..

Hate to admit to this, but HJ would beat the heck out of Spurger, and Silsbee would beat them worse than that!! Get real man....Spurger? Man, please!!! ::)

I usually don't even reply to your post but I think you'll be surprised at Spurger this year.I watch a ton of 1-a thru 3-a school ball and Spurger will be legit.HJ will return Turner who is one of the fastest defenders in this area at any classification.They will be very well coached and will find some folks to fill the holes left by Bernard and Burrell.Don't sleep on Spurger this year though Dickie.They will have a pure shooter on the wing,a very capable kid in McGallion at the point and a kid at the post who is as solid as any of the small school players in this area.I didn't say Spurger would win this matchup,I said it would make an interesting warm up game and it would.

I think Spurger plays @ Silsbee this year......

That is correct. Spurger visits the Tiger Den this year. It's the very first time these two teams have ever played. Well, at least both varsitys.

Silsbee's JV played Spurger's varsity once, way back in 1980. Final score, Silsbee 122 Spurger 32. I know, I played on that JV team that year. ;D

Guest DickVitale

And why is that you dont respond to MY posts WHSalum??  >:(.....I have TONS of hoops knowledge to offer, fella!!! 8)

I wouldn't want to get in a debate with the master.I may even know a little about the game myself  ;D ;D

\

I understand your logic!  ;) 8)

Usually your post are jumped on by the masses so I sit back and enjoy the banter.The Whittacre kid from Spurger wouldn't be a post player at a big school but he is around 6'3 or 6'4 around 215 and can jump out of the gym.He has a very good touch on his shot and is pretty strong.He is a junior this year and is one you will here a lot about on the small school scene this year.

Usually your post are jumped on by the masses so I sit back and enjoy the banter.The Whittacre kid from Spurger wouldn't be a post player at a big school but he is around 6'3 or 6'4 around 215 and can jump out of the gym.He has a very good touch on his shot and is pretty strong.He is a junior this year and is one you will here a lot about on the small school scene this year.

And here is the problem playing at schools this size. 6'3" is a guard! If he is a true baller, I'd advise him to  run away from Spurger as fast as he can.

Guest stevenash

And here is the problem playing at schools this size. 6'3" is a guard! If he is a true baller, I'd advise him to  run away from Spurger as fast as he can.

Dove, do you think he would fit in with the 2013-2015 state champions?

Dove, do you think he would fit in with the 2013-2015 state champions?

::)

Guest DickVitale

Well I look forward to seeing your team in the local Tournys!!  DV, take no mercy!!!

Oh I won't.... ;)..wish somehow we were able to face HJ though.....Talk about keeping the pedal to the metal!!  :D  Just kidding....I would not do that to those kids..... ::) ::)