UFC 100 this Saturday

Guest baseball25

Yoshihiro Aklyama vs. Alan Belcher

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping- I think dan is feeling his age a little bit but I think he has about 3 more good fights in him.

Thiago Alves vs. George St. Pierre-GSP toughest fight ever could be upset  alert written all over this but gotta go with GSP.

Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar-I feel he makes quick work in this fight

OK this is really corny but the fans are the real winners because this is a great card.

Belcher

Fitch

Henderson in a close one

GSP in a really close one

Lesnar, but I want Mir to win but think Brock is too freaking strong and won't make the same mistake of giving up a limb, but if he does Mir will look to break it. Now I am hopeful that Mir can have as good a standup night as he did against Minotauro.

On the undercard I think that Bonnar wins in a close one against Carwin.

Yoshihiro Aklyama vs. Alan Belcher

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

Thiago Alves vs. George St. Pierre

Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar

Great card! The last two fights are both title fights, correct?

The only question I have for all of you... WHY ARE YOU PICKING AGAINST Akiyama.. He is a great fighter.. This guy has beaten Dennis Kang and Melvin Manhoef  I guess he is just not that well known yet... but he will be soon enough.

-Frank Mir (12-3; #3 Heavyweight)* vs. Brock Lesnar (3-1; #8 Heavyweight)*

-Georges St. Pierre (18-2; #1 Welterweight)* vs. Thiago Alves (15-3; #3 Welterweight)*

-Jon Fitch (18-3; #2 Welterweight)* vs. Paulo Thiago (11-0)

-Dan Henderson (24-7; #5 Middleweight)* vs. Michael Bisping (18-1)

-Yoshihiro Akiyama (12-1; #9 Middleweight)* vs. Alan Belcher (14-5)

Preliminary Bouts:

-Mark Coleman (15-9) vs. Stephan Bonnar (13-5)

-Mac Danzig (21-6-1) vs. Jim Miller (13-2)

-Jon Jones (8-0) vs. Jake O'Brien (11-2) 

-Dong-Hyun Kim (11-0-1) vs. T.J. Grant (14-2)

-C.B. Dollaway (11-2) vs. Tom Lawlor (6-2)

-Matt Grice (9-2) vs. Shannon Gugerty (11-3)

BTW, is it just me or did both Mir and Lesnar come off a little less than desirable on the countdown show?

I mean Lesnar made the comment that he does not respect anyone he faces, which I think if he meant it then he is a punk. I mean Randy Couture and the other fighters who have paved the way for him to just walk in with only his name as a fan draw(yes I know he was a great wrestler in college). You can respect your opponents without being a coward.

Mir was just talking down about him and his lack of experience being rather childish looking.

I know that the tv gets both of them to play up certain things to get the other guy going because it makes for good tv spots but really they both in my opinion came off different than I expected.

But I will still be sitting at the bar an hour before the fight to make sure I get a seat, my wife got pissed at how much our DTV bill was last month when I purchased 99 in HD so I am heading to Bayou City Wings.

Guest baseball25

dont count out coleman..I think bonnar will win but coleman has alot of heart and has been in the octagon with the best fighters in the world...

I think that the Bonnar fight could potentially end up being the fight of the night just because of his style. he loves to bang away but has good submissions also. Plus Coleman is a beast, very strong man with lots of power punches and ground and pound. But I think Bonnar is way quicker.

I also watched a Belcher fight last night and I am changing my pick for his fight, Akiyama.

BTW, who is this guy speveto who just showed up and started making dumb posts on threads from months ago?

on this card you think on this card bonnar and coleman will be the fight of the night??? maybe the KO of the night... the only way coleman wins this is if bonnar trips and breaks his leg getting into the cage... did you watch the coleman shogun fight?? coleman a few months older looked horrible at the weigh in

wow what great fights. i just cant come to terms of why everyone was booin brock? i mean i would not have touched gloves either. all the callin out and trash talkin mir was doin was over his limit. that was scary how swolen mirs face was from them little jabs lesnar was throwing!

little jabs?  :o  lesnar was throwing some bombs on the ground!  i cant wait to see lesnar fight a legit standup fighter, i think he will go to sleep very fast!

Guest baseball25

come on now venom he's to big and to strong he will slam people on the ground just like he did mir last night and there aren't many heavyweight out there that have  good JJ skills and there aren't many that are flat out dominate standing up I mean carwin isn't bad standing up but lesnar will give him a feint and then boom carwin will be pounded on the ground  so I think its all lesnar to lose, you have a guy that is a freak athlete at 265 pounds and is strong has hell,  only fight he needs his fedor baby and thats it....

theres guys out there bigger than lesnar! is he bad, heck yes, will he get ktfo by a LEGIT standup guy very soon,i believe so! he has VERY limited standup with the chance of landing a wild haymaker at anytime, great wrestling but his wrestling has to be able to set something else up ,no subs or sub defense, and awesome gnp!! hes great on the ground and as you saw at the begining of the second round mir was doing well on his feet until brock took him down. if a LEGIT striker can keep it standing its over for brock. theres a few guys in the new tuf that i believe will give him a run if carwin, congo, or crocop(yes crocop) doesnt get to him first. like i said, it has to be a LEGIT striker that can avoid being taken down, kinda like a hw liddell... ;)  maybe BARNETT!!!!  :o

i cant wait to see who they match him up with next.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami