*POST LAMAR UPDATES HERE*

Thats sad, six years and no post season! Where do you point the finger. There has been decent talent there. You can't say tough conference because only conference champion gets a NCAA bid, and no at large. Possible time for coaching change? I know Gilligan has been a good one, but like the old saying goes "What have you done for me lately?"

Guest coachacola

I looked it up and it's been 5 years since LU has been to the NCAA tourney.  But for the last 9 seasons Gilligan has averaged 37 wins a season so I don't think it's time for him to go, especially for all the things he has done for LU.  I think the rest of the conference has caught up with LU.

I thought about this the other day and did not want to bring it up.  First off I do not follow the Cards baseball team very much............but with no post season tournament for 6 years now and with the tradition that LU has had when is it enough and time to make a change???  Just wondering!!!!

You can't say tough conference because only conference champion gets a NCAA bid, and no at large.

If SHSU wins - the SLC gets two in. TXST has punched their ticket...

And this league is tough - just got to play a better OOC slate like the TXSTs and SHSUs of the world to get ready for it. ;)

Guest coachacola

Getting two teams in would be good for the SLC and Texas State probably can make it to a Super Regional, depending on where they put them.

Since hiring Mark Johnson, SHSU Always  shows up for the conference tournament in a big way.  I wish LU could say the same.  And the non-conference schedule this season was embarrassing.  It certainly didn't prepare them for real competition...and it showed in conference play.  I hate to say it, but several times watching the games this year, I wondered if it wasn't time for a coaching change.  Heresy, I know.  But the question did come to  mind. 

Time for a coaching change? That is just ignorant babble. The team has finished in the top four of the conference in each of the last five years, while averaging more than 36 per season.

2005 - 2nd Place in SLC, 16-11 in SLC, 41-20 overall

2006 - 4th Place in SLC, 19-11 in SLC, 35-23 overall

2007 - 2nd Place in SLC East, 20-10 in SLC, 34-25 overall

2008 - 2ndPlace in SLC East, 20-10 in SLC, 35-23 overall

2009 - 4th Place in SLC, 20-13 in SLC, 38-22 overall

Tournament baseball is tough and the landscape of college baseball is making it tougher for schools form non "power" conferences to get at large bids. It can be done, but scheduling is key. You have to schedule very tough and win darn near every game you play mid week against the "big schools" while those schools have to have a high RPI, as well as win 80-85% pf your conference games.

If this program was finishing in the bottom four of the SLC and not making the tournament I could see where some of these questions could arise from. But to think that getting rid of one of the top baseball coaches in the conference, state of Texas, and the nation, is ludacris.

Schedule better, yes. Get rid of the coaching staff, no.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami