Most painful loss?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a PNG fan the loss to WOS at there place when Long was tackled inside the five and held down long enough to keep us from getting a spike and chipshot FG to win it.

Or amybe the Loss to Nederland in Pasadena after Rita. The Interception! That essentially kept PNG from the playoffs.

Back in 04-05 West Hardin @ Hardin with the playoffs on the line for both teams. Winner to take 3rd spot in District. The game is tied at the end of regulation. Hardin gets the ball first and is forced to kick a FG. The kick is missed, then West Hardin gets their chance to try and score. They do and the final score was 26-20 and West Hardin grabs the final playoff spot.

Guest dawg4life

:'(  December 18,2004

3A Div. II State Championship

when time ran out on Jaspers beloved Bulldogs in what is known as one the best championship games (if not one of the best ever in all games) in the state of Texas as they lost to Gilmer 49-47.  our boys gave an example of "having heart" that day i feel no highschool team can surprass! though very disappointed for our Dawgs on the final score........they have/will always be champions in all of us Dawg fans eyes!

In no particular order...

--Jasper losing to Navasota in the 2007 2nd round playoff game after having a huge lead (by at least 2 TDs, maybe 3).

--Jasper losing to WO-S in 1990 by a 7-6 score.

--Jasper losing to Cleveland in 1992 after having a 21-point lead.

--All losses to Willowridge.

--Jasper losing to WO-S in 1986 (?) in the playoff game after we beat them in the regular season game.

--Jasper losing to Gilmer in the state playoff game in 2004 by a 49-47 score.

--Jasper losing to Burnet in 2002 in the state semi-final game.

--Jasper losing to Burnet in 2003 in the state semi-final game.

I know the thread said "most" painful. So, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Gilmer loss because we were so close to a state championship.

--Jasper losing to Navasota in the 2007 2nd round playoff game after having a huge lead (by at least 2 TDs, maybe 3).

--Jasper losing to WO-S in 1986 (?) in the playoff game after we beat them in the regular season game.

I know the thread said "most" painful. So, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Gilmer loss because we were so close to a state championship.

I was there. Jasper went for 2 points a few times, and was successful evertime they did. Why not go for two at the end was a shocker to me. It was a real heart breaker. I was so happy for those young dawgs that night. Played with alot of character. ;)

Back in 04-05 West Hardin @ Hardin with the playoffs on the line for both teams. Winner to take 3rd spot in District. The game is tied at the end of regulation. Hardin gets the ball first and is forced to kick a FG. The kick is missed, then West Hardin gets their chance to try and score. They do and the final score was 26-20 and West Hardin grabs the final playoff spot.

That was one of the greatest games i have ever seen. the whole game everyone was on their feet yelling it was awesome...it pumps me up just thinking about it

2003-04 MHS's second year playoffs round three. We're up on Katy 14-7 we have them pinned inside their 15 with 3rd and 12. one play changed the whole game, they dropped back to  pass we lost the tight end. They completed the pass 30 yards down and in the same play we lost our #1 shut down db (gorrer now  with the NO Saints) The very next play they went to his side and beat the sub for TD. One stop, one stop, that's all we needed and we were going go up by two scores, cause the didn't stop J. Charles at all 271 rushing that night.  O'well the year that shoulda been woulda shoulda coulda. :'(  :'(

I haven't been around that long so I can't really say much, but the most devastating loss I can remember is the Lumberton game this year. We were tied 10-10, went into overtime, just barely missed a touchdown, Lumberton barely makes a touchdown at the last second (and I mean barely, he was stopped right on the line), and comes out on top. That was the game where our team really tried to turn things around and at least come out of this season with something. I know that several of the football players were demoralized after that game. I think that was when they kind of just gave up. They really fought for that game.

The loss to Bay City when we were "stopped" on the one foot line, Bay City went on to win State that year.

I was right there. That's the most dominant performance I have ever seen Nederland play in a playoff game....and like you said, they won state. That one hurt.

Any long time PN-G fan has to confess the worst loss (maybe in PN-G history) was losing to Nederland in 1984.  As a senior that year, that was the first time in MY LIFE that the Bulldogs overcame YEARS AND YEARS of adversity and FINALLY came through and beat the Indians.  It was horrible being on the sidelines watching us lose, but deep down I knew how great it must have felt on the other side to FINALLY get the gorilla off their back.  What a historical night that was back in 1984.

I was there. Jasper went for 2 points a few times, and was successful evertime they did. Why not go for two at the end was a shocker to me. It was a real heart breaker. I was so happy for those young dawgs that night. Played with alot of character. ;)

They actually did go for 2. It was VERY controversial. The ref said Jordan Patton didn't get in. The tape showed he did.

I would've thought by now an Ozen panther would have said the PNG game at Lamar :o

Horrible....that stopped us from going to the playoffs that year i remember they were calling up to austin and everything trying to get the call overturned.......but the most painful loss in centrals history has to be this years game against friendswood........they couldve been two games away from state(even though they would have gotten killed by lake travis)now that was one controvesial game and the bad thing about it is noone thought central was even going to make the playoffs that year!!!!

The most painful loss to me wasn't actually a loss. It was the year Ozen first entered varsity football, Lumberton needed to win by 4 points for some reason, was ahead by 3 and kicked a field goal that land on the entrance ramp at the LU field but was called bad. I never have figured how that could have been bad because if you look at that ramp from the goal post it's obvious the only way to land a ball on it that is easily high enough for a field goal is.............you guessed it, right THROUGH the uprights, to me that game will always be a sore spot, one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen and I know for a fact that one of the officers from the officiating association went in during half time and chewed the crew up one side and down the other for their bad play calling.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder