What D do you like better?

depends on the team that your playing...

if they are a run it up the middle oriented team like OF or HF.. then i say a 4-3... gives you an extra lineman to help control the middle and fill a gap to prevent the run up the middle.

If they are more of a passing team or Outside the tackles running team like WOS... I'd say a 50, IF you have a good nose guard and two Middle linebackers who can keep the middle on lockdown if they do run there...

The 50 adds more pressure from the outside with 2 ends that play more like really wide defensive tackles and two outside linebackers that play somewhat like ends, but if you dont have a strong nose and Middle linebackers then the 50 could hurt you up the middle...

There is really not much difference in the 50 and the 4-3.  It all comes down to technique.  If you have the kids that will work the proper techhique then it doesn't matter what you run.  Our defense is a base 50, but we stem alot to a 43 look, and roll a DE up to a LB.  The main thing is getting good pressure while playing gap responsibilty. 

We ran the 50 for 25 years @SFA.  Worked for us.  These sissy D's---4-2-5 and the 3-3-5 are soft.  I don't like the 4-3 because I like that center to get blasted all night long.  I know you can slide the 1 or 3 tech over the Center according to the strength, but I perfer a odd man front vs. and even one

We ran the 50 for 25 years @SFA.  Worked for us.  These sissy D's---4-2-5 and the 3-3-5 are soft.  I don't like the 4-3 because I like that center to get blasted all night long.  I know you can slide the 1 or 3 tech over the Center according to the strength, but I perfer a odd man front vs. and even one

that's what i like to hear...you can't do a thing if the center is getting hammered every play

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami