Best Setx Qb since 2000?

There really is no question here.  We are talking about QB and leading your team in that role.  Brandon was a great athlete that played the QB position as a RB.  Cody was the ultimate dual threat QB to come through SE Texas.  There is only one that has thrown for over 3000 yards and rush for over 1500 yards and account for 60 TD's.  All in the same season.

Not much discussion needed...

Cody Green 2008-2009

Passing      

Comp 230

Att    354

Pct    64.97

Yds    3195

TD    37

INT    6

Rushing

Att        214

Yds        1506

Yds/Att  7.04

TD          25

There really is no question here.  We are talking about QB and leading your team in that role.  Brandon was a great athlete that played the QB position as a RB.  Cody was the ultimate dual threat QB to come through SE Texas.  There is only one that has thrown for over 3000 yards and rush for over 1500 yards and account for 60 TD's.  All in the same season.

Not much discussion needed...

Cody Green 2008-2009

Passing      

Comp 230

Att    354

Pct    64.97

Yds    3195

TD     37

INT     6

Rushing

Att         214

Yds        1506

Yds/Att   7.04

TD          25

To top all of that...

He is extremely smart and an exceptional athlete.

Could have qualified to go to ANY college in the USA, and...

HE IS A GREAT LEADER!!!!

Great all around kid, Dayton will miss him, (as will the video man)

Well seeing as Houston is considered Southeast Texas in many ways, I am guessing Dayton is and always has been called Southeast Texas.

beaumont port arthur orange lumberton png newton little cypress east chambers etc is setx.....dayton was not even mentioned around setx until they came to 22-4A

That might truly be the dumbest statement evr on here.  (Don't get you panties in a ruffle,  I did not call you dumb, just that assanine statement)  Let me see, is Dayton south of Lufkin? YES,  Is it east of Hwy 59?  Yes, then that would put Dayton in SOUTH EAST Texas.  Another way to answer that is to cut the state in quadrants.  Where is Dayton?  In the lower right, correct?  SOUTHEAST Texas.  Deal with it bud.

If you don't want to include Dayton in the discussion so that one of your Triangle boys should be considered as the best then ask the question in a better way.  Who is the best QB to come out of the Golden Triangle?  Now then there is no argument there.  Dayton is not a part of that scenario.

DAYTON IS NOT IN SETX...........NOW ARGUE THAT

That might truly be the dumbest statement evr on here.  (Don't get you panties in a ruffle,  I did not call you dumb, just that assanine statement)  Let me see, is Dayton south of Lufkin? YES,  Is it east of Hwy 59?  Yes, then that would put Dayton in SOUTH EAST Texas.  Another way to answer that is to cut the state in quadrants.  Where is Dayton?  In the lower right, correct?  SOUTHEAST Texas.  Deal with it bud.

If you don't want to include Dayton in the discussion so that one of your Triangle boys should be considered as the best then ask the question in a better way.  Who is the best QB to come out of the Golden Triangle?  Now then there is no argument there.  Dayton is not a part of that scenario.

;D

It wouldnt matter if he did say only golden triangle..hes still not the best in the golden triangle..like everyone else has stated..he was a heck of an athlete..but not a QB

It wouldnt matter if he did say only golden triangle..hes still not the best in the golden triangle..like everyone else has stated..he was a heck of an athlete..but not a QB

Cody?!?!  not a QB??

OK  ::)

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so everyone please disregard any further football comments made by GTfootball.

if SE Texas counts south of lufkin and east of 59 then I'd say Drew Tate of Baytown Lee would have to be in the argument for best SETexas highschool quarterback...he pretty much set every passing record in the Texas High School books at the time he was there 1999-2003....he also started for 2 years at Iowa I believe, maybe 3...

• 1 month later...

Without bringing numbers and stats into the picture, i would like to say that our greatly missed quarterback, Destin Lairsey served us well as a GREAT quarterback. He cared so much for his team and the game, best heart you could have ever come across. We Love and Miss You. Keep an eye out for everyone this year. I love the fact that the refs will be unable to call a penalty for too many players on the field when really you'll be there the entire time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami