Mosley On Fire!!

KFDM COOP

I was at the game and was wondering the same thing. Why leave him in? It just did not make sense. He was kicking off' date=' returning kicks, playing offense, and defense. Give the kid a break.[/quote']

Didn't see him much on defense last night, he might have return 2 punts early.

It's a fine line I believe Coach Nuemann is using with Mosley. Sit the young man hoping he stays healthy for district or reward him with playing time because he's missed so many games for prior injuries.

Folks need to get off the "Why don't the coaches take Mosely out..." bangwagon. Bottom line is, he will be on the field for the majority of games against Central, PNG, Ozen... playoffs... so he needs to get used to it. Nederland goes about 18-20 players deep this year, so Mosely will be used abundantly, that's just the facts. Say what you want about it, but Neumann is doing his job in getting him ready for those games. The only way you get your body ready to do that... is to actually do that... so let's put this drivel to rest. Mosely will be playing ALOT... period.

Oh by the way, you ask him if he wants to come out... he's worked his rear end off in ways most high school kids never would even begin to... he deserves to do what he is doing.

Guest GoStangs

There's a little difference when you suit out a total of 24 players vs. however many NED is suiting out this year. Mosely is a great athlete, and there is no doubt he will excel no matter where or how often you play him, but I think with a roster size like you all have, Neumann would've played a few backups with a 31 point lead in the second half, if for no other reason to give them a little extra playing time. I don't think there's anything negative about that.

I believe that is Hook's decision to only suit up 24. I'm sure he could pull some up from JV to suit out more????? Or are they not good enough for Varsity?? Nederland is VERY thin on the varsity level this year! Sure, Neumann could bring some kids up, but we're not talking about #'s here, we're talking about talent. Nuemann, just like Hooks, is going to put the best player on the field, no matter if that means some guys playing both ways.

Guest GoStangs

Of course, my answer is that if the JV players were good enough to play varsity football, they'd be suited out for Friday nights, but also because of the amount of kids in the program (there aren't that many on the WOS JV, either), we really don't have the ability to just take a bunch of players to use as backups and still have a JV team.

I think Neumann is doing exactly what he has to do to win -- Mosley is a two-way starter simply because he's the best player at those two positions. I've been very impressed with Neumann's ability to spot talent and play them at the positions where they can make the most impact, so there is no questioning his judgment whatsoever. Admittedly, I don't know the varsity roster size at NED -- I'm just going on what I remember them generally having and based my statement on that; however, with a small roster, Mosely will have to play a lot on offense and defense, unless someone comes along that's better than or as good as him at his starting positions. As athletic as he is, I don't know if that'll happen anytime soon, though.

I think Ned's entire defense has been a pleasant surprise. They contained LaMarque to an extent... Ned's offense had a long run of 3 and out's that kept them on the field, yet they only gave up a couple of long runs. For the most part they got after it pretty good. They were dominant against FB... as they should've been. D. Johnson and the entire front four of Ned are very solid.

• 1 month later...

I think Ned's entire defense has been a pleasant surprise. They contained LaMarque to an extent... Ned's offense had a long run of 3 and out's that kept them on the field' date=' yet they only gave up a couple of long runs. For the most part they got after it pretty good. They were dominant against FB... as they should've been. D. Johnson and the entire front four of Ned are very solid.[/quote']

I think the defense is HORRIBLE !

What stats are you looking at ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder