playing high school baseball at 4:30 sux

we need to raise a petition that all (varsity) school baseball games with lights on the homefield should start no earlyer than 6:00pm

i know a lot of coaches have to work later but as a parent we like to watch our children every once in a while

and we can never get these years back

look at basketball  and football they both start later in the day

I never understood why the lower classifications, mostly 1A, played their games at 4:30. Makes no sense.

Is there any logical explanation for this other than finishing early?

I think it's because of the travel. Our 1A teams are pretty far apart and if the games started at 7 like the others and finished around 9:30 you may be looking at getting back after midnight

we need to raise a petition that all (varsity) school baseball games with lights on the homefield should start no earlyer than 6:00pm

i know a lot of coaches have to work later but as a parent we like to watch our children every once in a while

look at basketball  and football they both start later in the day

I also believe that in most cases it is a travel issue and usually happens in smaller schools.  I also think that the "never can get these years back" comment is a bit harsh.  Coaches' families can't get back the countless hours they spend working with YOUR kids back either.  I know they choose to do it and love it, but I find it hard to believe a coach would purposely schedule a game early just to get home earlier. 

look at basketball and football they both start later in the day

I also believe that in most cases it is a travel issue and usually happens in smaller schools.  [glow=red,2,300]I also think that the "never can get these years back" comment is a bit harsh[/glow].  Coaches' families can't get back the countless hours they spend working with YOUR kids back either.  I know they choose to do it and love it, but I find it hard to believe a coach would purposely schedule a game early just to get home earlier. 

i did not mean it to be harsh just trying to get the point of how serious this is.

if your a basketball coach you stay late.  if your a football coach you stay late.

a football game last about as long as a baseball game with the same distance to drive.

my family can never get back the hours i work either and i try to make it a point to support

my kids and even if my kids are not playing and I'm off i go support the teams at our school.

it's not about me it about those single parents who have to make a living and can't take off or leave

early to go to the games.  i care for and respect our coaches and would not ever belittle them in any way

they are great people IMO

I do not know why a game would be scheduled that early unless there is a long travel time or no lights, with another possibility that this week alot of teams are playing 3 games and they want the kids to be rested for the game tomorrow. Also if you think Tuesday is a school night and it would be good to have early games for the kids so they do not spend the rest of the week tired and trying to catch up. Football is Friday only the kids have the whole weekend to recover. Only good reasons me as a coach can think of.

I think we need to be concerned with the school part for our student athletes. I love to watch my kids and all the fkids play sports!, but I also want them to be great in the classroom. I know that 99.5% of kids playing sports in high school will not play in college, but 75% of the kids in our high schools will go on to college or vocational training.

The spring is so crowded anyway with the end of basketball, powerlifting, baseball, softball, track, tennis and golf. Throw in UIL acedemics and one act play, add in the TAKS test about 10 days in the spring and I am surprised that the teachers have the kids in class three days a week, especially in smaller schools where kids are doing multipule things.

I know we want to see our kids, but if getting them home earlier and ready for the next day in class is at least a benefit of earlier games then I say it is a good thing.

I think we need to be concerned with the school part for our student athletes. I love to watch my kids and all the fkids play sports!, but I also want them to be great in the classroom. I know that 99.5% of kids playing sports in high school will not play in college, but 75% of the kids in our high schools will go on to college or vocational training.

The spring is so crowded anyway with the end of basketball, powerlifting, baseball, softball, track, tennis and golf. Throw in UIL acedemics and one act play, add in the TAKS test about 10 days in the spring and I am surprised that the teachers have the kids in class three days a week, especially in smaller schools where kids are doing multipule things.

I know we want to see our kids, but if getting them home earlier and ready for the next day in class is at least a benefit of earlier games then I say it is a good thing.

good post

I'm all for paying coaches more i think all teachers or grossly under paid anyway

the thing with football is it supports all the other extra curricular activity's and

and it puts butts in the stands

and RICE i support our kids in everything they do. Even if my kid is not on a team I'm there supporting the school.

I volunteer my time  and the coach's know if they need me they can count on me

and the teachers that know me know they can count on me also

Rice what do you do (BESIDES SPOUT OFF )

Trophygirl, I tell you what I do. I just set here and come to the conclusion that you still are a cry baby and you are a you no what...... to the coaches due to your statement they can count on me. If the truth is known about it, the coaches probably hate too see you coming and love too see you go. Always got to watch a pratice or try to politic with the coaches. I KNOW YOUR KIND!

Trophygirl, I tell you what I do. I just set here and come to the conclusion that you still are a cry baby and you are a you no what...... to the coaches due to your statement they can count on me. If the truth is known about it, the coaches probably hate too see you coming and love too see you go. Always got to watch a pratice or try to politic with the coaches. I KNOW YOUR KIND!

whats really on your mind

Guest beat-em_deep

Im pretty sure if you knew Trophyman you wouldnt be callin him Trophygirl.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder