Orangefield vs. Hamshire-Fannett...OF Wins!!!!!!!!!

the worst thing about that game is that the ss eaves hits a home run and the home plate unpire calls it fouls.....seconds after that the umpire in the field comes to the hamshire fannett doug out and says....i quote "that was a nice shot number 2 that ball was fair by 20 feet"......thats smells like a little BS to me guys

I have trouble believing the field umpire would say something like that....If so they should have got together and corrected the call. Umpires don't show each other up, they back each other up.

Congrats on the win Bobcats well deserved!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst thing about that game is that the ss eaves hits a home run and the home plate unpire calls it fouls.....seconds after that the umpire in the field comes to the hamshire fannett doug out and says....i quote "that was a nice shot number 2 that ball was fair by 20 feet"......thats smells like a little BS to me guys

I have trouble believing the field umpire would say something like that....If so they should have got together and corrected the call. Umpires don't show each other up, they back each other up.

I like the part about he came to the DOUG out lol..  I know that guys brothers,, Stirke Out, Foul Out, Left Out and of course his Father.. Called Out Looking

Well fellows, the HR call was blown. And yes, I know it is very hard to may split decision calls. But there is a foul pole that sticks up a good 6ft above the 40 ft fence. The home plate umpire was a bit of a butt. But 2 runs didn't change the outcome of the game. OF played great and HF just waited toooo long to come back. But I am glad to see that fighting spirit and that it doesn't matter the score, it's not over till it's over.

Well fellows, the HR call was blown. And yes, I know it is very hard to may split decision calls. But there is a foul pole that sticks up a good 6ft above the 40 ft fence. The home plate umpire was a bit of a butt. But 2 runs didn't change the outcome of the game. OF played great and HF just waited toooo long to come back. But I am glad to see that fighting spirit and that it doesn't matter the score, it's not over till it's over.

Good Post.

Statum & Felts did play in last nights game. They did not beat anyone but the OF Bobcats as a TEAM did beat the Longhorns. As a team the Bobcats BA is now 365. The best view of the foul ball call was standing on home plate. I assure you it wasn't the field umpire who was in position behind the pitcher as there was a runner on first base.

Statum & Felts did play in last nights game. They did not beat anyone but the OF Bobcats as a TEAM did beat the Longhorns. As a team the Bobcats BA is now 365. The best view of the foul ball call was standing on home plate. I assure you it wasn't the field umpire who was in position behind the pitcher as there was a runner on first base.

Good post 28!!!

i promise that was a direct quote why would anyone just make that up

Didn't mean he didn't say it. I just wouldn't put to much stock in statement when he was closer to 2nd and third base and the ball was called foul on the 1st base line. 

Man something told me I was leaving a come back by HF. Sorry HF, I had to get my young son who was with me home in time for bed, or suffer the wrath of his Mom. Great Job Horns way to battle back and make a game of it. Hats off to the Bobcats they have a great team. Keep your heads up Horns at least you did not get beat by a less than worthy opponent. As for the HF pitcher that got "rocked" early on, I hope the Coach is doing some things to restore his confidence. I felt pretty bad for him, he seems to be a talented pitcher OF just figured him out early. Good Luck Horns.

So it took Statum and Felts to beat Hamshire???  Any errors made in this one?

Yep it sure did..along with Deramus, Angelle, Peevey, Q. Evans, Fontenot, Watson, D. Evans, Whitson and James.  28 hit it right on the head, it took the entire TEAM to beat a good opponent; and it's going to take the entire TEAM to continue to win and make a push for the playoffs.  That's the beauty of this group of kids, it doesn't matter who gets the credit as long as a W goes on the board.

This is a good group at OF. The Cats have been young for two years and now the experience and hard work has paid off. Everyone knows Statum and Felts and for good reason. Those two are going to do what they do every game but it is the rest of the team why the Cats are in the position they are in now.

Guest bleed orange

So it took Statum and Felts to beat Hamshire???  Any errors made in this one?

Yep it sure did..along with Deramus, Angelle, Peevey, Q. Evans, Fontenot, Watson, D. Evans, Whitson and James.  28 hit it right on the head, it took the entire TEAM to beat a good opponent; and it's going to take the entire TEAM to continue to win and make a push for the playoffs.  That's the beauty of this group of kids, it doesn't matter who gets the credit as long as a W goes on the board.

Awesome post. It is about the "W" plain and simple. Baseball and softball by far has the worst parents ever. Most not all are all about their kid instead of the "Team". Individuals don't win games, A group of individuals do. I can promise you the kids from Orangefield know the "Team" concept. Let me just say this, There is people on this board  who made a spectacle out of themselves when their kids played little league. Some where banned from seeing their kid playing all of their high school games. You guy's know who you are.  I hope that you don't act that way when your grandchildren come around.

gabe good comment, it is going to be fun watching OF play through district. you are right, as good as statum and felts is, the difference this year is the rest of the team is producing as well. HF has a good team as well, but i think the best team last night was OF. but for the life of me i do not understand why you would design a field where it looks like your right fielder is just playing a deep second base???????? 

but for the life of me i do not understand why you would design a field where it looks like your right fielder is just playing a deep second base???????? 

you must not have seen it prior to the 2003 season, when it was 265 all the way around and the height you see in left and center was also in right.

easy mawmaw dont hurt your hip....just ejected for throwin the bat because after his homerun was called foul that was actually fair, he k'd up...no excuse for throwing the bat but hf is really a classy team ask any opponent

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder