what is sooo great about wos ?

WOS has only been in 3A for five years and have played in the 4A State game four times and won it twice.  So try some other reason why the Mustang program is not superior to most!  Year in and year out we still beat the Neds, Daytons, and Bay City's.  There are ALOT of schools who wont put us on the schedule, because they have nothing to gain from getting beat by a smaller school!

Guest ECBucFan

WOS has only been in 3A for five years and have played in the 4A State game four times and won it twice.  So try some other reason why the Mustang program is not superior to most!  Year in and year out we still beat the Neds, Daytons, and Bay City's.  There are ALOT of schools who wont put us on the schedule, because they have nothing to gain from getting beat by a smaller school!

Yeah and Newton can beat most 3A's... See, you are proving MY point!..

OK...now, say Hooks was at BC for his whole career...How would you answer that hypothetical question? An honest answer illustrates perfectly!

(PS: Just noticed "former WOS's athlete Earl Thomas is a UT leader" in the other thread... ;)  )

I am not going to say that they would be a top ten team year in and out, but I truly believe they (those schools you mentioned) would much more successful programs than what they are right know.  Some people are just born to coach and will be successful anywhere they go.  Sure they will have more success in one place than the other but they will be successful.

Don't underestimate the amount of work the WOS staff puts in.  Also I would put their stats up against anyone in the state 1A - 5A for the last 25 years.  I bet if you do that you will find many schools that have much more talent then WOS, but lack the stats due to coaching.

Give credit where credit is due they simply have one of the best programs in the state. The icing on the cake is that they have good athletes also, but the program comes first.

WO-S didn't become good overnight.It took about seven years for the program there to take off and they had athletes then.Hooks didn't become HC until about 2 or three years into that seven year period.After 1984 the program Hooks installed took off and continues today.It takes more than just good athletes to have a continuing winning program.GET OUT OF MY WAY AND LET ME COACH.

let me start off with this. wo-s has had over the years some super coaches and coach hooks has been BLESSED with one of the BEST DC IN THE COUNTRY.wo-s is NOT a big school and the coaches dont have alot of kids to work with year in year out,thay have not been blessed with alot of kids that will come out for football but thay make the best out of what thay have. also over the years coach hooks has had some X players on his coaching staff that know his program ,thats a blessing.the strange thing about all this is that some of the kids on the mustang football team have never played high school football,now you tell me how do thay do such a good job with the kids thay haft to work with  STRANGE dont you think.

if these two coaches would have coached at these two programs for as long as they have at the schools they are at now i believe that these two schools would be better than what they are now and on thier down years they wouldnt really be down years just average years but no i do not think that either school would be top 10 teams in the state year in and year out like newton and WOS are now

You are exactly right. Hooks & Barbay are smart enough to be at schools where:

A) athletes abound, each & every year, and

B) Football is regarded above anything & everything else.            :)

You don't know much about WOS if you think (B) is true. It has become so low on the totem pole it's scary.

let me start off with this. wo-s has had over the years some super coaches and coach hooks has been BLESSED with one of the BEST DC IN THE COUNTRY.wo-s is NOT a big school and the coaches dont have alot of kids to work with year in year out,thay have not been blessed with alot of kids that will come out for football but thay make the best out of what thay have. also over the years coach hooks has had some X players on his coaching staff that know his program ,thats a blessing.the strange thing about all this is that some of the kids on the mustang football team have never played high school football,now you tell me how do thay do such a good job with the kids thay haft to work with  STRANGE dont you think.

OK Skip,most kids coming into high school have never played high school football and the kids they have to work with are the cream of the atheletic crop but yes the coaches do an outstanding job and always have.

Guest Silsbee88

I am not a Great Dan Hooks supporter, however, I believe you must consider that IF the only success to the WOS football program we attributable to the athletes in that school district, then why are they not just as successful year in and year out in other sports?  This just goes to show that while they may have a good athlete pool, they still have a good coaching staff focusing on these players abilities and where they can perform to help the team be most successful.  So Dan Hooks is just as much responsible for the success of this schools football program as the pool of athletes they have to draw from.  I have meet their new baseball coach and look for this program to be successful soon.

I can sure understand some people's negative attitude towards WO-S. We have the same problem with teams in our distrisct that have rarely or never beaten us.

What is so great about WO-S? They are WINNERS. The other side of that coin is the LOSERS.

why do i hear people talk about wos like its the best place in texas when it come s to football?

??? ???

If I didn't know better I'd think this tread was started by a WOS supporter trying to generate some well deserved praise. ;D ;D

winning tradition! winning breeds winning!

True

A lot of schools have talent walking their halls. Programs have to attract the talent and then know how to get the most out of them.

Maybe it's the WOS program that attracts the athletes.

why do i hear people talk about wos like its the best place in texas when it come s to football?

??? ???

If I didn't know better I'd think this tread was started by a WOS supporter trying to generate some well deserved praise. ;D ;D

Wouldn't suprise me... Gotta love those stangs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami