NEDERLAND FANS! SAVE THE DRY ERASE BOARD AND SCHOOL SPIRIT

neddog69

i know every nederland fan has noticed the support from the student section from the "dome dummies"...their effort has helped bring school spirit back to this "prison like" school...but administrators are trying to ban the use of the white board and other forms of cheering that add excitement to the game and our players...today during school they were called out by principals saying that if they brought the bored to one more game there would be consequences...so this home game on senior night we ask for a big crowd to help cheer on our dogs as they go to playoffs and when the dome dummies show up with the board and get kicked out that everyone show support and protest the administrators actions to kill school spirit of nederland high school

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah that kinda gives it away...but i am speaking on behalf of the student body, fans, players, and the parents of players saying the board is almost i signature of nederland basketball this year kind of like a good luck charm...and to have that taken away by your own principals is just dumb...its ruining home court advantage

As a parent, I support our kids! What are they supposed to do at basketball games? Drink tea? I agree with the student's assessment of Nederland's administrative staff. I was visiting and saw an administrator yell at a kid for wearing his pants too low when a young lady was wearing a very low cut shirt walked by. Not a word was said to her but the young man was berated publically. I really thought this man showed little respect for the student and I thanked God that my kids go elsewhere. The TAKS scores aren't that great so what is the admin thinking, "Our grades may be low but hey! We got discipline!"  I really think this man needs a hobby. Remember, IF you decide to bring the dry erase board and there are consequences, be prepared for them because as I have found out, adults will only believe adults. However, as an adult who has seen his glory days fly by, I say to you, "You go, Bubba!!" Support your team and make many good memories! No regrets!!!

thanks for the support tiger88....people need to remember back in their glory days like tiger said...back when the pep rallies that actually had some fun and excitement and got you pumped up for the game...the school song actually meant something to you..being a bulldog or an indian or bear etc. actually meant something because YOU HAD PRIDE...now everything has to be so mechanical and robotic that principals and adminstrators make high school a joke and take all the fun out of it...in the end thats what the dome dummies are trying to do is to bring back that pride for your school..

Man I can remember back in the day, Silsbee would cheer like crazy when the announcer called out our players and when the announcer calls out other teams players we would have pages to the news paper and hold them up over our faces and holler out "who cares" or "so what" or "go home" among other things. Man those where the days and not one administrator said a word.

They're nt calling them out they're just harassing them. Nothing offensive just screaming at them, that's the whole idea of home-court advantage. I have personally heard anything offensive just them screaming the kid's name. I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!! It's basketball it's ok to get in the opponents head. Have you actually personally seen them use the board?!?! Cuz if not then you have no business in this conversation.

what is the problem with these boys cheerin for the team..the same thing happens at hardin jefferson with the hawk hecklers just like tiger said. So why cant our boys do it. You can turn on a duke game and see thousands of people heckling the opposing team at the duke game. It is encouraged there, atleast we know that are kids arent out partying on a friday night or getting high. They are supporting a Basketball team who the people who play on it they have know since the first grade. If they can't cheer at the games then what are they supoose to cheer for Ned and Company? but they would most likely be ban from sayin a word there to..thousands of people heckler the players at college game and there is what ten or twelve of them. Big numbers huh. Our team hasn't been known to draw the big crowd and now the only fired up people in the student body are asked to not show up.??

I know for a fact the support of those kids helps my son and his teammates perform better. It's very disappointing that Nederland seems to have developed a "zero tolerance" policy on good clean fun.  Taking away the kids' right to wear their own clothes to school, which was completely pointless I might add, is one thing, but a dry erase board that motivates the basketball team? Seriously? What's next? Are they going to prohibit wearing black and gold to the games? That'll really teach those kids a lesson about having school spirit and being supportive.

OK!  What are the consequences for the students?  Can adults for bring in posters or dry erase boards?  This is pretty pathetic.  I haven't seen anything out of line by the Dome Dummies at the 5-6 games I have attended.  Just a lot of spirit and fun.  Has it gotten to the point that any mention of a players name is unsportsmanlike.  If so, don't attend an H-J, LCM, Lamar,....... game. 

This school has become a prison ever since they hired the man W/little mans syndrome... everyone that attended Nederland or WOS knows who I am talking about...

Keep up the heckling.... make the dome a really really lousy place to play for the opposing team... remember how the old bee hive was... come one now...

Let the kids be kids and enjoy themselves...

I am a Bulldog Basketball fan and parent. I find it shameful that the administrators are hassling the students that come to support the team.  There should be no consequences because in my opinion they haven't done anything wrong.  It is wonderful to see such support by the students of the school.  They are just trying to have a little fun and I don't see a problem with it.  I have been and seen first hand what goes on at other schools and they are not being inappropriate.  I know HJ and LCM have big student following and can be rather loud in support of their fans.  I didn't see a problem with it at their schools I encourage the students to be involved.  Like someone said earlier at least we know where they are on Friday nights.

In my opinion they should be able to do and get away with a wide stretch of things because if you remember the basketball team for nederland has a really good chance at gpoing to the playoffs. thats more than they can say for their beloved football team. You go for it dome dummies because i know dang good and well i wish we had fans that came and cheered like yall.

As an ex Nederland player and friend of all the Dome Dummies I find it hilarious all the things they say. Most of the jokes are things like "44 wheres short shorts!" and "Man your losing worse than you did in football!" Never do they write out names of players. The one or two times it has been done the board was taken up. I can understand why you don't want the students calling out players by names and insulting them in front of their peers but none of that is going on. The administrators already took away their freedom to dress how they want and now they cant even cheer for their team with signs.

You talk about intimidating, how about the old Lincoln. That balcony with all the students up there yelling, was a hard place to play, you were beat before you showed up for the game. My view on this subject is: They take away the marker board come up with something else, there should be students thinking up things to do right now. Make our gym what it should be, a home court advantage. How about some of that Duke yelling during free throws, bring white towells and wave them, make signs beforehand with opposing numbers on them and maybe a little sarcasm next to it. Counting on the student body here to come up with something.

After reading all these posts, one thing comes to mind. They won't let the kids support the team then why should the parents support the bond election? It seems that the administration has forgotten that NHS is not THEIR school. Seen it too many times in other districts. I think from all that is being said that this situation is just the 'tip of the iceberg'. I think this one dry erase board issue has finally forced parents and students alike to FINALLY stand up and say something. I talked to a Board member who said the "top dog" at the HS told him the reason was that the sign might incite a riot. At a rival game, as was told to the board member, the opposing team had a dry erase board, too. The "top dog" said the opposing coach asked that both sides remove the dry erase boards. Well, children, I talked to the coach in question and he informed me that, "I have no idea what you are talking about." Uh oh. Did a "top dog' tell an un-truth to a Board member? This dry erase board issue has finally unveiled the real reason for the banning.....a hidden agenda. Same as the  dress code. What is school approved and where can the approved apparel be purchased? Someone made a ton o' money off that new rule, and, no, I bet it wasn't the school district and I bet that the business that profited pays taxes in another school district. Enough is enough!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa