NEDERLAND FANS! SAVE THE DRY ERASE BOARD AND SCHOOL SPIRIT

neddog69

this was a minor issue and then they took all our freedoms away. The admin can say all they want that we are blowin this up, but they are the actual ones who are makin a dry erase bigger than what it really is. When the admin at your school has certain people watching us thats when it becomes an issue. Because its about time that we as students stand up for something we believe in. This is our last year to be in highschool why should not be able to cheer for the basketball team whose headed to the playoffs for the first time in school history

Just on a sidenote Nederland made the playoffs in 1993 English was on the team.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a minor issue and then they took all our freedoms away. The admin can say all they want that we are blowin this up, but they are the actual ones who are makin a dry erase bigger than what it really is. When the admin at your school has certain people watching us thats when it becomes an issue. Because its about time that we as students stand up for something we believe in. This is our last year to be in highschool why should not be able to cheer for the basketball team whose headed to the playoffs for the first time in school history

Just on a sidenote Nederland made the playoffs in 1993 English was on the team.

Remember your talking to someone who was possibly in diapers when that happened.  He doesn't remember it happening. ;D

actually english and them played in a play in game for the playoffs..

Your'e right  I just checked in 93 Lincoln and WO-Stark came out of our distritct. Maybe someone should let the Port Arthur News know they've been saying 93 over and over.

I'm sure English wishes he was in high school in 93, but he wasn't.  And Nederland did make the playoffs in 93.

I think the playoff was with TJ at the Montagne, it gets fuzzy that far back.  Looks like the UIL has their playoff archived to the year the basketball season started, they have the Nederland playoff team in their for 92, which was the graduating class of 93.

I think the playoff was with TJ at the Montagne, it gets fuzzy that far back.  Looks like the UIL has their playoff archived to the year the basketball season started, they have the Nederland playoff team in their for 92, which was the graduating class of 93.

I wonder if the kids had their dry erase board taken up then, too?

No, I think we just screamed and were overall pretty obnoxious verbally, but didn't use a dry erase.  Kids these days are much more in touch with their emotions, like to write it instead of yelling it I guess.  Dr. Phil and Oprah working on us I guess. 

Yeah they have the PN-G playoff year as 88, for the 88-89 season.

Way to go Mr. Mosley... I could not agree more..

I agree...Nederland should pack the dome Friday night with dry erase boards that all have positive messages to support to DAWGS....I am not talking about students only.....ALL fans!  What a great year for hoops!! ...... Playoffs, 20 win season, beat the State Champs in the YMBL....fantastic...I hope Nederland packs the house to come watch these boys play some great hoop...the dawg dome should be rock-in Friday night!!!!

Let's all show our school spirit, everyone needs to show up with a dry erase board or sign.  Parents, grandparents and students and be there to cheer the Basketball team on to victory.  We all need to show our support of the Dome Dummies who are supporting their team and let the school administration know that they are not being fair and the fans don't agree.  Let's pack the dome on Friday.

I'm all on your side man, but maybe just a slight name change I have never been fond of the name dome dummies. Dome Dudes or Dome Dogs, hey they could market that fo sho with some hot dogs. anyway I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they wont let you wear the shirts even. That's crazy, unless there is profanity or alcohol on it some were. I would deffinately be at the next board meeting voicing my opinion, it would deffinately help to have some adults there to back you cause from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like they care what yall think. It is a hot topic or there wouldn't be so many post about it. Man I started out school in Nederland up until the 3rd grade and then moved to lumberton....man I'm glad I moved before I got too attached or this would really break my heart.

My condlences Nederland Fans sounds like school spirit is going away.

Hey Mr. Dome Dummie.

I don't know exactly who you are but I am always at the games sitting with yall and I graduated in 07 so I'll bring a board to and if they try to take my board we will have some problems. Not cause I will do anything stupid on it but I will show my support for the team. And I dare Mr. Little Man 9 Fingers to stop me!

4.gif

Now that's funny!!!!!!!! 

I registered to this forum just for the sole purpose of replying to this thread. Its completely ridiculous that they are trying to regulate the student section's school spirit. I think Miller should worry about other things besides a frackin dry erase board... Like his tendency to be all touchy feely on the girls in our school. Ask anyone :P

Expect to see me friday with a dome dummies shirt and dry erase board if i can get ahold of one.

Isn't there something called freedom of speech? ???

The First Amendment was ratified on December 15, 1791. The Amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That post is enough to end these shenannigans.

update on the situation...we dome dummies had a meeting tonight discussing issues and we have decide that we will support our team like we have done every game and we arent letting power hungry people getting in the way of showing OUR love for OUR team and OUR school...notice i said OURS considering we are the one walking the halls, taking the test, participating in sports representing our school...

This is a good idea but in all reality, how many people will actually follow through with the emails? Let's hope there will be alot. Otherwise, it will be a victory for the other side. As a former employee of BISD, NHS admin has a 'cake walk' . I guarantee you one thing the parents and superintendent would not stand for the lack of respect shown towards the students. Perhaps if he (top dog) would approach the offended parties and give an explaination of his actions then maybe this would not have been blown so way out of proportion. This thread is full of students, parents, fans, and outsiders that are all shaking their heads in disbelief. Instead, the students are getting the ole "I don't need to explain anything to you" response. That, my friends, is a total lack of respect. How many of us if we were in the same situation had been approached and told, "Look, I need your help. The reason I'm doing this is because....." would have responded in a respectful manner and agreed to not bring the dry erase board? I think there would be the vast majority of us agreeing to not bring it. Respect is earned, not demanded. These kids are still human beings and they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. This is why all the grown ups are in an uproar. Just some words of advice to the administration......this world is small and everybody knows somebody in another town and word gets around. This will NOT look good on a resume or an application for a superintendent's position. Now whether the intentions are in good faith or not, it is still a huge public relations nightmare. As stated earlier, how about the admins go to a larger school district and they will really appreciate the kids and their so called "discipline problems". Been there. Done that. Finally, how many principals would love to have a student body that is fighting to show school spirit. Listen!! Did you hear that?!  The wind is whispering.....bond issue, bond issue, bond issue.....

I just want to say it again, not voting for a bond issue is not the answer it effects you as a tax payer. If you have already approached the principal, then go to the superintendant, still no satisfaction then take it to the school board. If you skip one of those processes you will be asked why you didn't. The administration doesn't get penalized when a bond fails, the kids are the real losers in that deal, not to mention the money that is waisted.

Good luck on this issue I hate to see it has gotten that bad in mid county.

All the local lumber yards and home improvement stores sell shower board for about $10 a sheet ( 4 X 8 feet).  For only $2.50 a pop you can have a nice

2 X 4 foot "message board" to post on.  They should last for at least several seasons.  Nice to take to football games and other events as well!!!  Black and Gold (or yellow) dry erase markers, (available at Office Depot, Wally World etc) will set you back another few bucks.  For less than the price of a fast food, gas-inducing, stomach-churning meal, you can go out and support the DAWGS and become part of the game. while at the same time, excersizing your First Amendment Constitutional rights..   ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder