BH Predictions

Guest shooter1709

You have to put the best 9 on the field---freshman, sophomore, junior, or Senior team will have 12 seniors but I expect to see only 4 or 5 starter's for as chemistry goes the coaching staff will have to assess this facet of the game--a parent simply can't do it because of their own biases

Rocha, Padgett, Burditt, Henscey, Clifton, Peterson, Carmona, Baker, Ponder. These are the Seniors that have paid their dues. Next in line are the JV players from last year who have already been pulled up.Freshman get in line.

Bounds would have been in that line up if he was not injured and I bet you will see Lyday in before it is over----go ahead and give the seniors a shot but you will see changes before it is over

I truly believe that Bounds would have been a starter and it killed me when I heard about his injury.Lyday is another great kid and I believe he will get plenty of playing time. My son likes him to catch.

Mine has pitched to him many times and he is an outstanding catcher--pretty good bloodline as well

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know but can't wait! The only thing that you can bet on is that they are well coached and will compete in this area. BH will still be the team to beat as they reload from last year!

well "coached"?? BH will be lucky if they can work past the "coaches" and make them a mute point... to be honest the "coaching" is what has led to the downfall of many of the better classes who have come through

Wow! I don't think I have ever been put into a position to defend a coach ;D ;D (Ususally I'm riding them during football). I think the Baseball coaching though is good, BH's baseball program has been pretty dang good over the past several years and I don't think that happens on accident. Unlike football the baseball team compete's not only in our district, but in the playoffs as well. Last year was a huge dissapointment as we had the best pitching in the state IMHO! Don't know the particulars ,but last year had a lot to do with chemistry and just plain over pitching our stars for the hope of recognition! We can't bring back last year, so we must move on and hope that the coaching and players can bring back the chemistry!

actually if you look in the past the baseball coaches have done little to nothing but ride the talent they were GIVEN... if thats coaching we need to call webster.... a good coach wouldnt have over-pitched Hales last year leading to his inevitable fatigue... the kid was just plain exhausted by the time the playoffs came around

Ok...I'll say this again. The coaches DID NOT over-pitch Hales last year. Yes, at the end Hales threw w/ a 'dead" or injured arm but it wasn't from being overused. Hales made his one weekly start every week...nothing more, nothing less. Thamm and Silva basically split the other weekly start. Hales threw around 80 innings for the season...hardly being overthrown. Hales and Thamm threw 75 each in '07 w/out a problem from either.  Thamm and Silva both threw right at 40 innings. Kelley threw about 25. The "Hales situation" , for lack of a better term, was from an injury or lack of preparation, or both.

As far as this year's chemistry being better than it has in a few years...do not agree. Last year's chemistry sucked. From a player being allowed to do basically whatever he wanted at practice to 4 pitchers ( one of them mine) who couldn't get along to save their lives. In '07, you would be hard pressed to find a team anywhere, any sport that had better chemistry. The makeup of the '07 team was unbelievable...a bunch of buddies playing ball together and the results showed.

Lack of hitting was the primary reason for BH's exit from the playoffs in '07 and '08.... and leaving men on base. In the '07 Regional semi-finals against a very good Montgomery team, BH left 20+ men stranded in 2 games. That's not going to win you many ball games. In '08, BH lost because A) a key player sat on the bench due to a lack of grades, B) Hales pitching w/ arm that was obviously not at 100% for whatever reason..EXCEPT   from being overused, and C) about three players who hit .400 for the season, hitting .200 during the series against Bay City ( one of them mine ).

There you have it.

Hey Shooter how are you linked to BH Baseball  :-\?  Because I have seen them practice and they are going to play the best nine players.  They are hitting the ball very good right now,and the fielding looks very good. Freshman Kody Thompson will compete with everybody, he can do it all with the glove.

Wharthog you must be good friends with the kid but be serious there will not be a freshman on the varsity and I will be surprised if there are any sophomores. You are the last 4yr. If there are any freshman it will be strictly political.

Hey Shooter how are you linked to BH Baseball  :-\?  Because I have seen them practice and they are going to play the best nine players.  They are hitting the ball very good right now,and the fielding looks very good. Freshman Kody Thompson will compete with everybody, he can do it all with the glove.

Warthog I'd have to disagree with your comments about the freshmen. Although he is a good kid and has the potential to be a good player, he is nowhere near being able to compete at the Varsity level. There isn't a freshmen in the group this year that is even close to competing in every area at the Varsity level. A few may be close with their fielding but none are close with their hitting. I'd venture to say that Kyle Leggett is the top player in the freshmen class or at least in the top 2 and even he's not ready for Varsity competition.

Guest shooter1709

Don't know but can't wait! The only thing that you can bet on is that they are well coached and will compete in this area. BH will still be the team to beat as they reload from last year!

well "coached"?? BH will be lucky if they can work past the "coaches" and make them a mute point... to be honest the "coaching" is what has led to the downfall of many of the better classes who have come through

Wow! I don't think I have ever been put into a position to defend a coach ;D ;D (Ususally I'm riding them during football). I think the Baseball coaching though is good, BH's baseball program has been pretty dang good over the past several years and I don't think that happens on accident. Unlike football the baseball team compete's not only in our district, but in the playoffs as well. Last year was a huge dissapointment as we had the best pitching in the state IMHO! Don't know the particulars ,but last year had a lot to do with chemistry and just plain over pitching our stars for the hope of recognition! We can't bring back last year, so we must move on and hope that the coaching and players can bring back the chemistry!

actually if you look in the past the baseball coaches have done little to nothing but ride the talent they were GIVEN... if thats coaching we need to call webster.... a good coach wouldnt have over-pitched Hales last year leading to his inevitable fatigue... the kid was just plain exhausted by the time the playoffs came around

Ok...I'll say this again. The coaches DID NOT over-pitch Hales last year. Yes, at the end Hales threw w/ a 'dead" or injured arm but it wasn't from being overused. Hales made his one weekly start every week...nothing more, nothing less. Thamm and Silva basically split the other weekly start. Hales threw around 80 innings for the season...hardly being overthrown. Hales and Thamm threw 75 each in '07 w/out a problem from either.  Thamm and Silva both threw right at 40 innings. Kelley threw about 25. The "Hales situation" , for lack of a better term, was from an injury or lack of preparation, or both.

As far as this year's chemistry being better than it has in a few years...do not agree. Last year's chemistry sucked. From a player being allowed to do basically whatever he wanted at practice to 4 pitchers ( one of them mine) who couldn't get along to save their lives. In '07, you would be hard pressed to find a team anywhere, any sport that had better chemistry. The makeup of the '07 team was unbelievable...a bunch of buddies playing ball together and the results showed.

Lack of hitting was the primary reason for BH's exit from the playoffs in '07 and '08.... and leaving men on base. In the '07 Regional semi-finals against a very good Montgomery team, BH left 20+ men stranded in 2 games. That's not going to win you many ball games. In '08, BH lost because A) a key player sat on the bench due to a lack of grades, B) Hales pitching w/ arm that was obviously not at 100% for whatever reason..EXCEPT   from being overused, and C) about three players who hit .400 for the season, hitting .200 during the series against Bay City ( one of them mine ).

There you have it.

ok that may be true enough but the remainder of my statement remains

I do not think this is the place to voice negative opinions about young players abilities.  I can just imagine how a 14 year old could be shattered by reading some of these comments.  I really think those of you who posted comments about individual players should edit you remarks and leave out player names.         

I do not think this is the place to voice negative opinions about young players abilities.  I can just imagine how a 14 year old could be shattered by reading some of these comments.  I really think those of you who posted comments about individual players should edit you remarks and leave out player names.         

yep.

You have to put the best 9 on the field---freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior--our team will have 12 seniors but I expect to see only 4 or 5 starters---as for as chemistry goes the coaching staff will have to assess this facet of the game--a parent simply can't do it because of their own biases

Well surely we dont select our varsity starters from a 2 day practice-try out, Varsity players have earned their spots from their past history of proven performance.

Its real simple anybody can dream about being on varsity. But the reality is  why would you want to be on there just to say your on the varsity. That's a waste of your year you get no better by setting on the bench. Stay down where you can get your playing time in. We have had a few players up the last few years that were pulled up and they just sit. It did them no good. My opinion is there will not be freshman or sophomores on the 09 Eagles

I think the line up is pretty easy already

1st Rocha/ Peterson    rotating pitching

2nd Cody Clifton

3rd  Jared Baker

ss  Carmona

C    Ponder

OF  Padgett

OF  Hensey

OF  Burditt

DH  Meyer/Lyday

3rd Blaine

2nd ?

OF  ?

This is just my opinion but I know all these kids can hit,There are a few spots for backup middle infield and outfield, but other than that this is a solid TEAM.

Who will have the biggest impact on the team?

There will not just be one player everone will have to step up and do there part on offense and defense. The pitching is there not what we have had the last 2 years. But there is a lot of talent

So if we read this correctly..last year we had great pitchers " but lost to teams in the district" Last year we had great hitters " but couldn't hit when it mattered" sounds like the NY Yankees. And this year the pitching will be O.K. at best and the hitting should be better as well..? maybe we can play now because everyone is not standing around depending on a couple of stars to shine.

There will not just be one player everone will have to step up and do there part on offense and defense. The pitching is there not what we have had the last 2 years. But there is a lot of talent

So if we read this correctly..last year we had great pitchers " but lost to teams in the district" Last year we had great hitters " but couldn't hit when it mattered" sounds like the NY Yankees. And this year the pitching will be O.K. at best and the hitting should be better as well..? maybe we can play now because everyone is not standing around depending on a couple of stars to shine.

I do believe this will be a much better "TEAM". The potential for lots of offensive fireworks and the defense should be solid as well!

Guest shooter1709

I do believe this will be a much better "TEAM". The potential for lots of offensive fireworks and the defense should be solid as well!

i agree like ive said this team has the same or maybe better chemistry than the 07' team and its not just the seniors together, seniors like juniors and vice versa, so hopefully some of the chemistry problems that haunted this team last year wont this year ... i look for the defense and offense to exceed already high expectations and for the pitching to step up and actually be better than what everyone thinks... if you look at the "rotation" which is Rocha, Burditt, and Peterson, we see 3 above average pitchers which in my opinion is better than having just one ace and no one else because if you rely on just one and an injury strikes your out of luck

i agree like ive said this team has the same or maybe better chemistry than the 07' team and its not just the seniors together, seniors like juniors and vice versa, so hopefully some of the chemistry problems that haunted this team last year wont this year ... i look for the defense and offense to exceed already high expectations and for the pitching to step up and actually be better than what everyone thinks... if you look at the "rotation" which is Rocha, Burditt, and Peterson, we see 3 above average pitchers which in my opinion is better than having just one ace and no one else because if you rely on just one and an injury strikes your out of luck

Mitchel will be in the pitching "rotation". He's been taking lessons at least twice a week and sometimes more and his velocity has already increased about 3 mph. He pitched good the three weekends we played at baseball USA, and his pitches had a lot of movement, look for that to be even better.

Guest shooter1709

Mitchel will be in the pitching "rotation". He's been taking lessons at least twice a week and sometimes more and his velocity has already increased about 3 mph. He pitched good the three weekends we played at baseball USA, and his pitches had a lot of movement, look for that to be even better.

he might be in it during tourneys but not anytime else considering usually there are only 2 gms a week... especially when district gets around, however he will be the top reliever 

he might be in it during tourneys but not anytime else considering usually there are only 2 gms a week... especially when district gets around, however he will be the top reliever 

Thompson threw a bull pen at practice yesterday and was throwing in the 80's.I heard he pitched pretty good though I've never seen him.I heard from other Varsity players that Thompson would be on Varsity.

Guest shooter1709

Thompson threw a bull pen at practice yesterday and was throwing in the 80's.I heard he pitched pretty good though I've never seen him.I heard from other Varsity players that Thompson would be on Varsity.

personally i think thats unlikely but you never really kno in HS baseball

Did they have a radar gun on him and if so what did he top out at? I've seen all of the freshmen pitchers many times and Leggett is by far the best pitcher in this class. I've also talked to more than one umpire that called several of these kids games last year and during the summer and they are of the same opinion. They all agree that Leggett is the top pitcher. If anyone does any pitching with the varsity during preseason or tournaments it would be just to have the extra arms available. If it happens, it should be Leggett. If any freshmen end up on Varsity it will be a wasted year for them and a lot of bench time and I believe it would have to be based on influences other than the players ability.

Did they have a radar gun on him and if so what did he top out at? I've seen all of the freshmen pitchers many times and Leggett is by far the best pitcher in this class. I've also talked to more than one umpire that called several of these kids games last year and during the summer and they are of the same opinion. They all agree that Leggett is the top pitcher. If anyone does any pitching with the varsity during preseason or tournaments it would be just to have the extra arms available. If it happens, it should be Leggett. If any freshmen end up on Varsity it will be a wasted year for them and a lot of bench time and I believe it would have to be based on influences other than the players ability.

No they did not have a gun on him, though when they rated the arms from outfield he received a 4 when other varsity players only got a 3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine