VIDEO......DANAHER WITHDRAWS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't think Danaher is going to leave CCC ! I'm thinking he may be using this to get something. I hope I'm wrong but my guy tells me otherwise. As far as Craig, he won't leave WB. I really believe our new coach is coming from below the 3 everyone thinks should be the coach. One has already bowed out. The remaining 2 will stay at their schools. We need to think outside of these remaining 2 men and think about who is qualified out of the remaining applicants. Just trying to put some reality into the picture here.

I say if Craig comes to PNG Coop has to wear a dress during the weather broadcast !!! LOL !!!!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine coaching somewhere for 24 years...coaching both your sons...and having a community that used to worship you. Now imagine a community that lashes out at you (who by the way is the winningest active coach in Texas, and #3 all-time) for having an 8-4 season...the first season with four losses since 1987. Now imagine that after all this success, you still have not won a state championship and you're community has started taking you for granted. You have around 8 -10 years left in your career to attain what you set our for 32 years before. And you start to realize...it may not happen. Here.

Now imagine you are this same coach and you have an opportunity to take over a program that has experienced major success over the years. The community has the athletes, the community support, state of the art facilities...and possibly better odds to build a title contender. You request confidentiality because you are not trying to get your school in a bidding war, you are just trying to protect your athletes from hearing anything pre-mature. You want them to hear any news from your mouth.

Then one day you take a call from a reporter regarding your application to another school. You tell the reporter your heart is with the program you built. The same program that fed your family, sent your kids to college and elevated your career to the coaching elite.

How do you think a coach with any class would answer reporter's questions regarding your application? They would answer the same way Danaher did.

He has already, in detail, laid out exactly what would have to happen for him to accept an offer from PNG. And it has nothing to do with bolstering his salary. He's a coach. He just wants a state title. We need to support his quest for a title by making PNG a part of it.  

Nice well thought out post and it makes perfect sense. Kuddos to you.

Guest Brubaker

I just don't think he will leave Callallen!!

PNG's gonna have to find an up and comer with the balls to put up with that community and the talent to make chicken salad.  Look PNG is a great and historical community in the history of Texas football, but times change.  Lumberton is the new PNG, I hate to say it since I'm from Nederland.  But PNG is losing the battle of pull from Lumberton and they ain't getting the players from the flight from PA Memorial... this is fact and it don't look good.  I will be looking for a Stump decision, if he says NO, for about a 20% raise at a prestigious school, then that's my LITMUS TEST.

IndianCat, did you play for Danaher at CCC?

Yes

Are you the guy? The former player that Danaher speaks of in his interview? Good post, sounds like someone with Phill's ear! I heard the same from someone regarding his intent for the PNG job and reasons.

I played for him in the late 80s. Graduated in 1988.

A program that has experienced major success over the years?  I would say that only 6 district championships, 9 playoff appearances and only three 10 win or more seasons – all in the last 30 years – isn’t exactly what I’d call major success.  The truth of the matter is that PNG would love to have what Calallen has experienced in the last 25 years and they can’t even come close to that achievement.  They may have better facilities and players that are more talented, but the honest truth is that PNG is nothing more than a mediocre program and Danaher would be crazy to leave the powerhouse he’s built to take a chance on a program that’s done nothing but produce a one-hit wonder team in 1999 with Dustin Long at quarterback.  And how exactly does a team with a 3rd year starter returning at quarterback only produce a 3-6 season?  Danaher is a smart man and when the chips are on the line – he’ll realize that PNG is a legend only in their own minds.  They are doing exactly what we rag on GP for doing – living off past accomplishments in the 1970s.  But the real question is “what have you done lately?†and the answer is NOT MUCH! 

A program that has experienced major success over the years?  I would say that only 6 district championships, 9 playoff appearances and only three 10 win or more seasons – all in the last 30 years – isn’t exactly what I’d call major success.  The truth of the matter is that PNG would love to have what Calallen has experienced in the last 25 years and they can’t even come close to that achievement.  They may have better facilities and players that are more talented, but the honest truth is that PNG is nothing more than a mediocre program and Danaher would be crazy to leave the powerhouse he’s built to take a chance on a program that’s done nothing but produce a one-hit wonder team in 1999 with Dustin Long at quarterback.  And how exactly does a team with a 3rd year starter returning at quarterback only produce a 3-6 season?  Danaher is a smart man and when the chips are on the line – he’ll realize that PNG is a legend only in their own minds.  They are doing exactly what we rag on GP for doing – living off past accomplishments in the 1970s.  But the real question is “what have you done lately?†and the answer is NOT MUCH!   

:o

And .... Here come the Indians!! :D

I don't know....I just thought PNG was tired of "old school" football.  I thought they were looking for a staff full of energy, excitement and discipline.  I'm sure Burnett could have done the same thing in Callallen as Danaher.  You have to look at who the kids will respond to.  And I'm sure they are tired of "that kind" of football. 

I don't know....I just thought PNG was tired of "old school" football.  I thought they were looking for a staff full of energy, excitement and discipline. 

Young Coach I believe all the PNG fans have a coach that they believe will be best. No matter who they choose, we need to back and support that person 100%. I know I have an opinion of the top 4, and I believe we will be fine with ANY of those. Yeah one may a little better, but I think its a win win situation. I will support whoever gets chosen.

I don't know....I just thought PNG was tired of "old school" football.  I thought they were looking for a staff full of energy, excitement and discipline. 

Young Coach I believe all the PNG fans have a coach that they believe will be best. No matter who they choose, we need to back and support that person 100%. I know I have an opinion of the top 4, and I believe we will be fine with ANY of those. Yeah one may a little better, but I think its a win win situation. I will support whoever gets chosen.

Well said, I TOTALLY agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder