As a basketball fan...

I'm sure yall can tell from reading my posts im a big basketball fan just like yall are.  I watch a lot of high school football too, i usually go to a game every week during the season and attend playoff games.  But for the past several years my favorite sport has been basketball.  I'm sure everyone knows that in Texas, football is generally considered the most popular sport in the state.  My question to yall is, does it bother you when basketball is brought up on sports forums and there are people that usually say, but everyone knows "football is king".  I see it a lot on the smoaky.com forums, when basketball and football are brought up on a thread, someone has to throw in "yeah basketball is great and all but everyone knows football is king", as if thats gonna make us like basketball less.  I generally think most people that say this stuff online dont like basketball and get tired of seeing it online.  I just wanted to know what yall think of the phrase and what it means to you(and does it annoy you lol).

The phrase doesn't annoy me because I know it to be true. I was a basketball and baseball player in school, only played football in jr. high, but I love it all. I know that I have watched more basketball games than football in my life, but I still love those Friday Nights.

The state of Texas has come a long way in the basketball scene. It has really exploded over the last 25 years. When the UIL decided to allow high school basketball players to attend camps, things really changed. Now, the state of Texas is being considered one of the best states for basketball, and that's saying alot.

I'm sure yall can tell from reading my posts im a big basketball fan just like yall are.  I watch a lot of high school football too, i usually go to a game every week during the season and attend playoff games.  But for the past several years my favorite sport has been basketball.  I'm sure everyone knows that in Texas, football is generally considered the most popular sport in the state.  My question to yall is, does it bother you when basketball is brought up on sports forums and there are people that usually say, but everyone knows "football is king".  I see it a lot on the smoaky.com forums, when basketball and football are brought up on a thread, someone has to throw in "yeah basketball is great and all but everyone knows football is king", as if thats gonna make us like basketball less.  I generally think most people that say this stuff online dont like basketball and get tired of seeing it online.  I just wanted to know what yall think of the phrase and what it means to you(and does it annoy you lol).

Smoaky is a good site but it is mostly a football site. It all depends what sport you like as an individual. Also some schools are football schools and some basketball.....football is only king if you love it more than basketball....to answer your question, it does bother me when that comes up and I cant help but to respond.....lol

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this.

My answer is I love to watch football and basketball (h.s. More than college and pro) but I'd much rather be watching basketball. To me there's more excitement and you can see the passion each player has for the sport moreso in basketball than football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder