LC-M AD/HC applicant list

as I was looking on the springtownisd website to make sure it is the same scotty wells, I came across these photos...  how nice it would be for any school in this area to have an indoor practice facility like this one... I am sure there are better ones... but i just happened to run across these....

This is the hidden content, please

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I was looking on the springtownisd website to make sure it is the same scotty wells, I came across these photos...  how nice it would be for any school in this area to have an indoor practice facility like this one... I am sure there are better ones... but i just happened to run across these....

Springtown has done a great job of upgrading their facilities....Indoor practice facilities are a very popular thing up here in the DFW area

Guest LCM Volleyball

No Alverez? Maybe he's waiting until the last day to apply.

lcm volleyball,

i know you always wanted Coach Long, it seems he didn't want the job, i think it would have been a good fit though.  of the local coaches with ties to the area, who would support?

Troy Bolton - LCM HS-Orange, TX

Randy Crouch - WOS HS-Orange, TX

Jeff Harrell - Texas HS - Texarkana, TX

Todd Moses - Beaumont ISD-Beaumont, TX

David Satcher - Clear Lake HS-Houston, TX

Michael Stewart - Orangefield ISD-Orangefield, TX

Todd Watters - Beaumont Central HS-Beaumont, TX

Couldn't go wrong with any of those.

Scotty Wells graduated from LCM in the early to mid 80's.   He is on the top row, 4th from the right in the photo below:

A very good man...  married to the former Anna Brent ( Fred's sister ).

From POJO to BOJO

This may be a stupid question. But what does BOJO stand for?

Oh no here we go again....

What makes you think Alaverez won't leave Kirbyville ???

I don't doubt he'd leave Kirbyville but why would he leave Kirbyville for LCM at this point? There's a lot of great programs that would probably jump at the chance to have him right now.

Didn't they pass on Alvarez and Long when they hired Moody???I thought they did but not sure.

What makes you think Alaverez won't leave Kirbyville ???

I don't doubt he'd leave Kirbyville but why would he leave Kirbyville for LCM at this point? There's a lot of great programs that would probably jump at the chance to have him right now.

Didn't they pass on Alvarez and Long when they hired Moody???I thought they did but not sure.

I'd say Alvarezs resume' has improved 100 fold since then

Some very good candidates:

Byron Dawson - Defensive Coordinator Evangel Christian Academy

Randy Crouch - WOS

Jeffrey Huff - Running Backs coach Wichita Falls

David Satcher - Defensive Coordinator Clear Lake

John Launius - Offensive Coordinator Trinity Valley Community College

Mike Mari - Defensive Coordinator Mendocino College

I have to go with either Launius OC Trinity one of the best offense in D3, or Satcher DC Clear lake plays with the big boys in Houston 5A

I could be wrong and I am sure someone will tell me or maybe they have already said it on here but I thought Wells had been at LCM before.... He was all about strength training and really gung-ho with the kids.  Great guy!!! Like I said before and will say again -- we have a great list of applicants.  Not sure if some of these guys applied when we got the BOJO yoyo but I sure hope our committee takes a hard look at these guys and gets us a football coach that knows how to build our program up.  Lots of excitement in the Bear community about our possibilities!!!! Everyone is talking about all the good that will come from certain people.  We need a strong leader, motivator, and someone who will stay around the Bear cave when things get tough.  We are in one of the toughest area's for high school football and every game is a battle.  It will be foolish to think one of these guys will come in and lead us to a 10-0 season.  But if he can get the kids out, playing hard football and showing us some heart -- the Bear family will be happy!!!  Of course, a victory on Friday night would be super nice!!!! (Not sure how we would re-act at first !)

Byron Dawson - Defensive Coordinator is a 1998 Evangel graduate.  Three out of the four years Byron played football for ECA the Eagles won the state championship.  He was an All American his senior year and was voted All City, All Caddo, All District, All State, MVP, and Louisiana defensive MVP.  He was also a two-time state champion in the shot-put while at Evangel.  He signed a four year full scholarship to LSU where he received a Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in history.  He was also a four year starter and received defensive player of the game in 2001 SEC Championship.  He coached the defensive line at Redemptorist High School in Baton Rouge in 2004. God called Byron and his wife Tinisha back to Shreveport last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin