LCM

One of my dear old friends contact me and told me of the LCM situation.  Apparently someone with the screen name whatdoiknow was wondering what I would think about the recent crazy postings about the vacant FB/AD position.  I took the opportunity to read some of these post just to see what is all the fuss about.  Wow!!!!!!

During my younger days on "Texas Hoops", I would be itching to write a "Top 10 List".  Now that I am a college boy (I am currently enrolled for on-line courses at the University of Mexico at Vancouver), I would like to refrain from my sarcastic wit I used to spill on the pages of T.H. and give you a more intellectual look at the LCM opening.  That is why am composing a list in-depth objectives for readers to contemplate.  I am calling this list of Objectives, "You may be a LCM AD candidate if you....."

Coming to you for your reading pleasures before Christmas.  I am on my way to my office to compose this literature, but before I do I am going to go enjoy some beverages and the art of dancing at a respectable establishment call, "Women, Booze & Cheer".

Guest whatdoIknow

Glad to hear from you....I was wondering if you were still alive ???  But I was disappointed to hear that you have given-up your infamous top ten list, they use to cracked me up. Look forward to hearing more from you and I hope you reconsider and bring back your top ten list!

You know, this thread started off as a light hearted look at the issue.  Then, we have the people who never let things go, and want to keep on giving a coach grief over, what to me, was a motivational gesture.  He got them rings...so your point is?  They play the schedule given to them and have tried to improve the quality of their opposition,...so your point is?

My name is Hector Maldonado, and my kids all went or go to Little Cypress schools.  I have, however, great respect for the folks in Mauriceville, and remember a kid by the name of Joseph Viator, who recently was a featured part of the LCM arsenal.  I wonder where he went to middle school at?...Like Coach Brister, I put my name out there, and I won't hide behind a screen name. 

You might be an LCM AD/HC candidate if...you enjoy reading trash talkiing on sports forums...and let all of it roll off your back...

elhector1,

I assume you are referring to my post, I did not say anything about the rings that were purchased, I could really care less.  I think it is great that they went undefeated.  I happen to know a lot of kids from both schools MMS and LCJH.  What gets me is when on a different post about LCM there are some people that appear to be from Mauriceville rubbing it in LC's face and then bashing the kids and the parents of LC. 

You spoke of letting it go in your post, how about the fact that LCM was founded in 1971, 37 years ago and the people of Mauriceville can't let it go.  I understand that the High School is located in an inconvenient place but it has been for 37 years and there is not a lot we can do about it, it is what it is, get over it. 

When the bond committee brought up building a new centrally located Jr High the answer was not no but, well you get the point.  The opposition was from Mauriceville.  Because of the situation with the High School. 

In my opinion one of the biggest problems that we have, other than the coach that we had, is the fact that the two communities don't get along.  Mauriceville would rather be on their own than be a part of LCM. 

You are right people need to let it go and do what is best for the entire community of kids.  The people that made the decision to consolidate are more than likely not still living or not in this area anymore, what ever the case, it has been 37 years get over it and move on.

You may be an LCM candidate if you are a middle school coach who buys championship rings.

I got news for you, all championship rings are bought by the school. UIL, NCAA,NFL,ect...... do not buy teams rings, the winning team buys the rings for themselves.

I guess the only difference is that this coach bought them and not the school. BIG DEAL! Kudos to you coach.

elhector1,

I assume you are referring to my post, I did not say anything about the rings that were purchased, I could really care less.  I think it is great that they went undefeated.  I happen to know a lot of kids from both schools MMS and LCJH.  What gets me is when on a different post about LCM there are some people that appear to be from Mauriceville rubbing it in LC's face and then bashing the kids and the parents of LC. 

You spoke of letting it go in your post, how about the fact that LCM was founded in 1971, 37 years ago and the people of Mauriceville can't let it go.  I understand that the High School is located in an inconvenient place but it has been for 37 years and there is not a lot we can do about it, it is what it is, get over it. 

When the bond committee brought up building a new centrally located Jr High the answer was not no but, well you get the point.  The opposition was from Mauriceville.  Because of the situation with the High School. 

In my opinion one of the biggest problems that we have, other than the coach that we had, is the fact that the two communities don't get along.  Mauriceville would rather be on their own than be a part of LCM. 

You are right people need to let it go and do what is best for the entire community of kids.  The people that made the decision to consolidate are more than likely not still living or not in this area anymore, what ever the case, it has been 37 years get over it and move on.

Nope, most of my ire was directed at "ring guy". 

I have a son that plays baseball at LC-M and loves it. Maybe if we had a football coach that had a" my way or the highway" attitude we would be more successful. Discipline, respect, leadership and some kids willing to fight for wat they believe in is wat is needed. a lot can be learned here from the examples our baseball and basketball programs are setting.

I have a son that plays baseball at LC-M and loves it. Maybe if we had a football coach that had a" my way or the highway" attitude we would be more successful. Discipline, respect, leadership and some kids willing to fight for wat they believe in is wat is needed. a lot can be learned here from the examples our baseball and basketball programs are setting.

Your thoughts have been echoed many times through all of the threads about LCM football and I agree with you.  The foundation for ALL winning sports programs are exactly the same.  The difference is finding a coach that knows these virtues and does not waver from them.  It's a whole lot easier to keep the reigns tight than to drop them and try to regain control.  Some people have questioned the kids drive and "want to" at LCM.  The same kids who respond to the disciple, respect, and leadership in the baseball and basketball programs would do the same on the football field if that leadership was provided. 

Your thoughts have been echoed many times through all of the threads about LCM football and I agree with you.  The foundation for ALL winning sports programs are exactly the same.  The difference is finding a coach that knows these virtues and does not waver from them.  It's a whole lot easier to keep the reigns tight than to drop them and try to regain control.  Some people have questioned the kids drive and "want to" at LCM.  The same kids who respond to the disciple, respect, and leadership in the baseball and basketball programs would do the same on the football field if that leadership was provided. 

Good Post Slam..... Now get busy on those softball fields !!  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Good Post Slam..... Now get busy on those softball fields !!   ;) ;) ;D ;D

;D  I have one of the greatest maintenance men in the area hard at work at the fields today.  I'm sure with today's sunshine he has fixed EVERYTHING that needs to be done!  ;D  (We'll see)

I believe we have the athletes to compete.My belief is that when my son is on the field he belongs to the coach,If a coach has to discipline him or jump him to get him motivated so be it. I played baseball for Ronnie Anderson and am proud to say he was the best coach I ever had.I did not always like wat he had to say but I always respected it. My parents never got involved and he got results and was very successful. I wish every kid could have experienced this mans love of the game and leadership.Alot of parents these days could not handle it but their kids would love it.Parents need to let coaches do their jobs!

i wouldnt want to be a head coach at lcm.  the fans are terrible and too many kids specialize in other sports.  but they do have some talented classes from 2011 to 2013

News flash! We wouldnt want you as a coach.   ;)

You tell em coach!  ;D

I believe we have the athletes to compete.My belief is that when my son is on the field he belongs to the coach,If a coach has to discipline him or jump him to get him motivated so be it. I played baseball for Ronnie Anderson and am proud to say he was the best coach I ever had.I did not always like wat he had to say but I always respected it. My parents never got involved and he got results and was very successful. I wish every kid could have experienced this mans love of the game and leadership.Alot of parents these days could not handle it but their kids would love it.Parents need to let coaches do their jobs!

Well put and yes Ronnie was a good one.

Agree 100%

Agree 100%

I agree. Coach Anderson taught more than baseball too!

How about instead of making up something that was stolen from another program like BOJO from MOJO.  Let the program start to win and define itself and let a slogan come out of your own program.  If you  build a program that the kids and community are proud to support, you really don't need a slogan, but one will come out of a successful program. JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder