Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

SS===56

DHS==28

the Napalm Express torches defenses and lets the bombs fly.

You have got to be kidding...  You let Pine Tree score 27 on your defense.  And you only expect us to score 28???? 

Dayton is allowing averaging allowing less than 20 pts to be scored on them a game.  But you expect to almost triple that some how?   Last year LT scored the most points on us.   I think Lake Travis is the only team to score more than 40 points against us in the past few years.  And believe me, you guys are no Lake Travis.  I will take Dayton by 10 pts. 

Evermans defensive avg. was a lot lower than that. Look what happened.

BURN!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is intitled to have a bad game about once a year. We had a bad game against Friendswood. Texas High put up 59 on yall. That was yalls bad game. Oh, and Everman even had one bad game. I still think the Bronco's could have beat Everman by more points then the Bronco's are gonna beat SS.

And everyone is ENTITLED to a few bad posts....  I'm afraid with this one you have gone over the limit...  ;D

Everyone is intitled to have a bad game about once a year. We had a bad game against Friendswood. Texas High put up 59 on yall. That was yalls bad game. Oh, and Everman even had one bad game. I still think the Bronco's could have beat Everman by more points then the Bronco's are gonna beat SS.

You're right every ones entitled to a bad game. I don't think Everman had one. They just ran into an offense they couldn't contain. I was at the game and Everman looked very strong during the 1st quarter, a little less in the second and by the third they new it was over. But I guess you think they just happened to have their "bad game" in the semi's just like the year before right?

And no, you couldn't of beaten Everman or Heath for that matter.

You couldnt have beaten Heath if they had their starting running back. So that argument is a wash. I do believe that we could have beaten Everman. Obviously yall rely on your opponents being hurt to beat them. Well as long as a few of our key players stay healthy, then yall are gonna be drowning in tears outside of the dome.

You're right every ones entitled to a bad game. I don't think Everman had one. They just ran into an offense they couldn't contain. I was at the game and Everman looked very strong during the 1st quarter, a little less in the second and by the third they new it was over. But I guess you think they just happened to have their "bad game" in the semi's just like the year before right?

Well McAdoo (Evermans QB) was hurt in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  So they werent at 100% of their offense.  Take away the qb run threat, then it sure makes it easier to defend against. 

Guest 5starboss

SS===56

DHS==28

You have got to be kidding...  You let Pine Tree score 27 on your defense.  And you only expect us to score 28???? 

Dayton is allowing averaging allowing less than 20 pts to be scored on them a game.  But you expect to almost triple that some how?   Last year LT scored the most points on us.   I think Lake Travis is the only team to score more than 40 points against us in the past few years.  And believe me, you guys are no Lake Travis.  I will take Dayton by 10 pts. 

since you like looking at the past, check out the Dayton schedule.  No wonder your D looks good, you haven't play many decent teams.

Well McAdoo (Evermans QB) was hurt in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  So they werent at 100% of their offense.  Take away the qb run threat, then it sure makes it easier to defend against. 

McAdoo was a decent passing QB as well....I'm 100% on his stats, but he threw around 1400 yards, 19 TD's with only 4 or 5 interceptions....

All I heard all week was how great their stable of back were?

Have you guys gone back and looked at the teams that were in your district and pre district schedule? You brag about having a defense that allows 20 points or less per game. Do you realize out of the 9 games during the season you played 5 teams that won 3 games or less the whole year. Yeah keep talking about Pine Tree. They would of been  foaming at the mouth  had they drew your weak schedule.

You couldnt have beaten Heath if they had their starting running back. So that argument is a wash. I do believe that we could have beaten Everman. Obviously yall rely on your opponents being hurt to beat them. Well as long as a few of our key players stay healthy, then yall are gonna be drowning in tears outside of the dome.

The Everman QB didn't play on defense, the one that gave up fewer points than you per avg.

To be honest I don't know if you have played anybody that was hurt during the playoffs. Maybe thats because you ain't played nobody.

McAdoo was a decent passing QB as well....I'm 100% on his stats, but he threw around 1400 yards, 19 TD's with only 4 or 5 interceptions....

Should of utilized that big WR then. He was impressive the few times I seen him with the  ball.

SS===56

DHS==28

since you like looking at the past, check out the Dayton schedule.  No wonder your D looks good, you haven't play many decent teams.

Your a rere..... somebody demote him to pooper scooper... 5starboss-WHATEVER.... ;D

bye yall see ya at the game or somewhere in san antonio walking around in a circle cause them broncos herded them kitties :D

Its hard to believe anything 5starboss is saying he is obviously very subjective to the wildcats yet seems to know very little about there opponent or for that matter the wildcats themselves! i have said it time and time again the wildcats are a great team as are our wonderful broncos this game will be exciting and fun this will be a tight one and could very well come down to the last possesion of the game

y'all are from SETX, that's all I need to know.  East TX has 5 teams playing for championships on SAT.  what?  

Alright here we go again. You say that East TX is big boys huh?? Dayton is farther east than SS is.. WE are East Texas. Get a map. Whats next are you gonna brag about being closer to Arkansas? Because thats where you come from. DE DE DE

Just saw something pretty interestin on another board.  I'm just gonna steal it....

Check this out.

"Could Sulphur Springs have one of the best offense's in High School Football History? Pretty impressive numbers.

These are national records from NFLHS.com:

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

8,664 Stephenville, TX, 1998

8,588 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)

8,375 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)

7,411 Stephenville, TX, 1994 (16)

Sulphur Springs currently has 7,671 yards with one game left according to

This is the hidden content, please

Per Game Average - Season (Minimum 8 Games)

697.9 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (8,375/12)

555.0 CasaGrande, AZ, 1950

497.3 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (6,962/14)

492.5 Fort Thomas Highlands, KY, (7,391/15)

Sulphur Springs currently averages 511 per game.

Just food for thought. "

Weird...  I don't see Lake Travis on that list.  I guess this offense really is something that Dayton hasn't seen. 

Just saw something pretty interestin on another board.  I'm just gonna steal it....

Check this out.

"Could Sulphur Springs have one of the best offense's in High School Football History? Pretty impressive numbers.

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

Just food for thought. "

Weird...  I don't see Lake Travis on that list.  I guess this offense really is something that Dayton hasn't seen. 

Yeahp those are good spread numbers.  No doubt SS can score, so can Dayton.  It's gonna'be a barn burner.

That listing has not been updated since 2004.  I don't know if LT has any totals higher, but I can say for sure that is why they are not listed.

OK.  I prob shouldn't have posted it.  I don't know much about the original poster. 

For the curious, Lake Travis totals for this season:

Total Yards: 7493

Passing Yards: 4639

Rushing Yards: 2854

736 points scored (49.06 ppg)

Nope, it has nothing to do with the upcoming Dayton/SS game.

I have not seen SS so can't make any educated predictions, but I am pulling for Dayton.  Go Broncos!

For the curious, Lake Travis totals for this season:

Total Yards: 7493

Passing Yards: 4639

Rushing Yards: 2854

736 points scored (49.06 ppg)

Nope, it has nothing to do with the upcoming Dayton/SS game.

I have not seen SS so can't make any educated predictions, but I am pulling for Dayton. Go Broncos!

Actually it does have something to do with the game.... All I hear about on this board is LT offense this and LT offense that. They have a great offense   Guess what... SS is putting up more impressive numbers... I'm just trying to help the Dayton fans know what's in store. SS 52 Dayton 28

Check this out.

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

Just food for thought. "

Hmmm...Gilbert set the all time Texas record for passing yards and touchdowns in a season last year.  He threw for almost 5,000.  I'm pretty sure they're in the top 5 of this list.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder