Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw something pretty interestin on another board.  I'm just gonna steal it....

Check this out.

"Could Sulphur Springs have one of the best offense's in High School Football History? Pretty impressive numbers.

These are national records from NFLHS.com:

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

8,664 Stephenville, TX, 1998

8,588 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)

8,375 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)

7,411 Stephenville, TX, 1994 (16)

Sulphur Springs currently has 7,671 yards with one game left according to

This is the hidden content, please

Per Game Average - Season (Minimum 8 Games)

697.9 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (8,375/12)

555.0 CasaGrande, AZ, 1950

497.3 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (6,962/14)

492.5 Fort Thomas Highlands, KY, (7,391/15)

Sulphur Springs currently averages 511 per game.

Just food for thought. "

Weird...  I don't see Lake Travis on that list.  I guess this offense really is something that Dayton hasn't seen. 

I like what I see....

Actually it does have something to do with the game....  All I hear about on this board is LT offense this and LT offense that.  They have a great offense   Guess what...  SS is putting up more impressive numbers...  I'm just trying to help the Dayton fans know what's in store.  SS 52 Dayton 28

Well I disagree that it has really anything to do with the game.  AFAIK SS, Dayton, and LT have not played one another this year in any combination, and if they had there still is no transitive property of football.

What Lake Travis has going is something well beyond stats, you really have to see them to understand.  They are the kind of team you rarely see in high school.  SS may well be as good, but I'd have to see them to believe that.

Even speaking strictly on stats, to say SS is putting up more impressive numbers than LT is only true for a very narrow interpretation.

It's true that SS is averaging a few more yards per game but that is pretty much it.

SS 511.4 yards per game, 8.74 yards per play, 41.2 points per game

LT 499.5 yards per game, 8.98 yards per play, 49.06 points per game

Now SS or Dayton may well be as good as LT.  They may even be better, they might also be half the team LT is.  We'll never know for sure because neither Dayton nor SS played them this year.  My opinion, for what it is worth (which granted may be little to you) is that both teams in this bracket are fortunate that LT is in the other one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder