from your high school what three players

skipper

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I've also heard tell that Cody Hussey will be coming back here to play at Lamar. Don't know if that is for sure.

Yes, that's true. He's already back and as far as I know will be playing football at Lamar in 2010. I saw him at the West Brook vs Dickinson game.

I'd be really surprised if Lamar wasn't interested in #90 DT Mark Murrill from Lumberton. I think he's just as good if not better than some of the players already offered by Lamar and has an excellent GPA from what I hear.

Randy Musgrove, Aaron Walters, and maybe Aaron Hazlewood...(not only because of his qb skills but this kid has heart and speed)

The only thing about Musgrove is that he doesn't want to play college football, only baseball which he is better at if you can believe it.  Walters yes, and most definately Hazlewood!  Kid has tons of heart, talent, and is very fast.  Small but you are starting to see alot of small guys in big rolls in college football.  Heck, Toderick Pendland(spl) from Newton is starting at RB for McNeese and is 175 lbs soaking wet, and is doing a great job!

Randy Musgrove, Aaron Walters, and maybe Aaron Hazlewood...(not only because of his qb skills but this kid has heart and speed)

The only thing about Musgrove is that he doesn't want to play college football, only baseball which he is better at if you can believe it.  Walters yes, and most definately Hazlewood!  Kid has tons of heart, talent, and is very fast.  Small but you are starting to see alot of small guys in big rolls in college football.  Heck, Toderick Pendland(spl) from Newton is starting at RB for McNeese and is 175 lbs soaking wet, and is doing a great job!

Yea I knew Randy didnt want to play college football, but I thought if anyone COULD it would be him!!! He is a SUPERSTUD in Baseball incase you havent seen him play. He will definetely play college baseball..no doubt. I thought Walters was just a BEAST!!! He left his mark in all the games he played. I'm sure some of those mules are feeling the hurt about now..lol

From Livingston there will probably three get offers and play at Lamar.

Ricky Wagner - #68 Defensive Tackle

Jordan Nixon - #35 Running Back

Keaton Parker - #9 Safety/Inside Receiver

Those three will probably end up at Lamar before all things are said and done.

What about #44 Brandon Mcgowan? I thought he was pretty good when he played against Lumberton. He was getting in the backfield quite a bit. I was told by a Lumberton player that he was very fast and strong and some of our lineman were having a difficult time blocking him. Not very tall but 240+ lbs...I think. I thought he was the best D-Lineman from Livingston that night. I don't know much about the Wagner kid but I'm surprised McGowan hasn't received more recognition. Is he receiving any interest?

I've also heard tell that Cody Hussey will be coming back here to play at Lamar. Don't know if that is for sure.

Yes, that's true. He's already back and as far as I know will be playing football at Lamar in 2010. I saw him at the West Brook vs Dickinson game.

Is Hussey going to be offered a scholarship or be coming in as a walk on?

Unfortunately, size does play a huge role in college scholarships. Mcgowan is probably one of the better defensive lineman in the district and has a great motor. He gave Lumberton a lot of problems, but i think his height will be a big handicap in division 1 schools looking at him. He has the talent to play college ball, and I will be very surprised if this young man does not go to atleast a division 2 school.

Not sure why Lamar would want the kid from Lumberton(Cody Hussey).  I was looking at his stats from this past season and well there was not any stats.  There are plenty of better RB's around the area and other places than him.

I can tell you right now that Cody Hussey is good enough to play football at Lamar. He's a good football player. He was a true freshman in college this past season and did a great job from what I've been told. Tell me, if there are so many other great RB's from around this area better than him, besides C-Mike of course...who are they? BTW, he'll most likely play the slot, not RB from what I hear. Oh, and one more thing...I've seen some of the scholarship offers Lamar has given out and Hussey is better than most of those players. Sounds like some Hatin' going on here.

I'm not sure of every kids name but looking in the paper or watching the news I saw kids with better stats from Houston and the golden triangle but Lamar needs to look outside of this area just like other teams do.  Not every college team is filled with kids from that area.  Once again there are much better players for the slot than the kid from Lumberton.

I'm not sure of every kids name but looking in the paper or watching the news I saw kids with better stats from Houston and the golden triangle but Lamar needs to look outside of this area just like other teams do.  Not every college team is filled with kids from that area.  Once again there are much better players for the slot than the kid from Lumberton.

Recruiting kids from somewhere else is the reason the last Lamar team didn't make it....Im sure they are trying to bring in local kids that way they may actually get some people in the stands. They may go out and get a few kid from other areas as long as they don't get carried away with it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder