The Greatest Team in Southeast Texas History

Guest Bishop

The 2001 Ozen basketball team is the best team to ever to come through Southeast Texas. They went undefeated and were ranked #17 in the nation. They averaged 82 ppg and their opponents averaged 42 ppg, therefore, beating their opponents by 40 pts per game. They only had 2 close games that year. That team scored over a 100 pts 8 times that year, beat 26 teams by 30 or more points and won all their playoff games by an average of 27 points per game. This team is considered one of the greatest team in Texas history. No team in this area compares to the 2001 (36-0) state championship team that finished in the top 20 in the nation.

The 2001 Ozen basketball team is the best team to ever to come through Southeast Texas. They went undefeated and were ranked #17 in the nation. They averaged 82 ppg and their opponents averaged 42 ppg, therefore, beating their opponents by 40 pts per game. They only had 2 close games that year. That team scored over a 100 pts 8 times that year, beat 26 teams by 30 or more points and won all their playoff games by an average of 27 points per game. This team is considered one of the greatest team in Texas history. No team in this area compares to the 2001 (36-0) state championship team that finished in the top 20 in the nation.

]

Okay.

Guest DickVitale

I will go with that, but there were some teams that were VERY close to that one:

Port Arthur Lincoln 1995 - (4A champs, featuring Stephen Jackson, Keith Harris, & Spencer Comeaux) 35-3 record...(3 losses while Jackson was out due to no pass, no play)

Port Arthur Lincoln 1986 - (4A champs, Earl Evans, and a young Bryan Sallier) 32-4 record

Port Arthur Lincoln - 1991 - (4A champs featuring Kelvin McKyer, Xavier Henton, & Vincent Shelvin) 33-3 record

These were the next three teams on that list...GREAT SQUADS!

Earl Evans did not play in 86.............WestBrook of 93-94 would have beaten that 01 Ozen team without a doubt.... Omar, Donny, Tyson J. and Jamal C. and others were way too much...Remember Perk was a youngster, Omar woulda sat him down with 5 quick ones....This team ended up 2nd in State and got beat by eventual state champ Willowridge, at the buzzer....3- D. 1's and 3 jucos, on the same team...they were nastttty.

Guest DickVitale

Earl Evans did not play in 86.............

I wish Earl played in 1986, I would feel better.

I seen Earl play in the 8th grade and he was dunking then. He coached the team at that age. Coach Leopold just drove the bus. No one was better then or today than Earl Evans of Lincoln.

My mistake he was on Coach Gamble's 1981 team, right?

Earl Evans did not play in 86.............

I wish Earl played in 1986, I would feel better.

I seen Earl play in the 8th grade and he was dunking then. He coached the team at that age. Coach Leopold just drove the bus. No one was better then or today than Earl Evans of Lincoln.

My mistake he was on Coach Gamble's 1981 team, right?

Earl finished Lincoln in 74.

The only team that get respect from me is state championship teams. Westbrook have 0 championships.

If you would have said one of the Hebert teams or Lincoln teams maybe but Westbrook LOL!!!!

Omar was the man and one of the best players in BMT history but they would have lost by 10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont