**BREAKING NEWS.. PN-G's Matt Burnett To Step Down As Head Coach**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so if MIke Long does come to PNG would he bring his son along to coach quarterbacks. I thought they both were coaching at Kelly. WOW wouldn't that be nice to have PNG greatest QB of the late 90's come home to coach with dad. I mean this is far fetched but Long did have one of the greatest offenses in PNG history. That could be a good coaching move but I like the idea of opening up to all the state see who comes knocking for such a high powered job

EX...I will bet my paycheck against yours the new coach brings at least 3 coaches with him.....

A young gun who has maybe had some success would agree to less, but most traditional guys from the outside now a days bring the army if they can....

I expect an outsider...."Which when you say it over and over gives you a little gritty feel..."...

Outsider...Outsider.....BOOM!

Are you from PNG coonass?

Because if you are you will know that 75% or more of PNG's staff graduated there and they may have gotten rid of MB but the Board won't let anyone get rid of all the ex-ndn staff.

I know good coaches bring an army but...not if you don't let them...So I will take that bet!!!

Yes. I believe so. They had already talked about the new position. Also other schools like NS and Conroe ISD that have facilities like PNG's have one.

They would have had a complex coordinator anyway. Look at these other schools. Heck, they can keep him in the wings so when the next coach comes in and doesn't do so hot. They can just slide him back in as HC.

Yes. I believe so. They had already talked about the new position. Also other schools like NS and Conroe ISD that have facilities like PNG's have one.

They would have had a complex cordinator anyway. Look at these other schools. Heck, they can keep him in the wings so when the next coach comes in and doesn't do so hot. They can just slide him back in as HC.

They better give this new head coach the AD position as well or the list of candidates may not be as impressive as most people may think.

Yes. From working in a school district for about 7 years.   I could give examples, but i wont.

So because you worked in a school district and have examples you know for a fact that the new position would not have been created had MB not been needing to be reassigned?

You do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? What you have is speculation that it was created for MB based on past history that you have witnessed. Again that is S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N...Not F-A-C-T. I was told that the position was discussed last year when the renovations began. But that was not fact.

They would have had a complex cordinator anyway. Look at these other schools. Heck, they can keep him in the wings so when the next coach comes in and doesn't do so hot. They can just slide him back in as HC.

They better give this new head coach the AD position as well or the list of candidates may not be as impressive as most people may think.

Question :   Had MB not "stepped down" would this new OACC position still have been "created" ??

No. School districts do that to give the person a chance to finish out thier contracts.

Aaaahhhh..seems we have a difference of opinions on this.  I tend to agree with bigdog...create a spot to finish his contract out.  I would bet once MB finishes his contract, this new position will be eliminated.  Then some higher up will look like a genius for saving the district a $70-80M/year salary..funny the way things work.

What happens now when the PNG faithful are still struggling to cope with the fact the talent may be down a bit over the next several years? Who gets the blame then?

I can't speak for any of the other groups, but the classes of 2011 and 2012 have already proven their mettle.

Witness the district championship wins by both the freshman A and B football teams this year. This is the same group of boys who came within 3 wins of competing in the Little League World Series a few years ago, as 12 year olds, so we should be looking good as far as baseball, too. It's a strong group.

The Reservation will not lack for talent over the next few years, and in my opinion it's arguable that they lacked talent this year. Don't forget, this group of seniors won the district football championship as freshmen, too.

Time will tell.

that is the funniest thing that I have ever heard.  Go freshman and little league give me a break.  Their are 1000 different divisions everyone is 1 game away from being a champ.  lmao

What happens now when the PNG faithful are still struggling to cope with the fact the talent may be down a bit over the next several years? Who gets the blame then?

I can't speak for any of the other groups, but the classes of 2011 and 2012 have already proven their mettle.

Witness the district championship wins by both the freshman A and B football teams this year. This is the same group of boys who came within 3 wins of competing in the Little League World Series a few years ago, as 12 year olds, so we should be looking good as far as baseball, too. It's a strong group.

The Reservation will not lack for talent over the next few years, and in my opinion it's arguable that they lacked talent this year. Don't forget, this group of seniors won the district football championship as freshmen, too.

Time will tell.

that is the funniest thing that I have ever heard.  Go freshman and little league give me a break.  Their are 1000 different divisions everyone is 1 game away from being a champ.  lmao

come on texans you know I batted .780 and had an obp of .961 when I was nine!

yes, yankeedog, I remember seeing you hit the 65 home runs that year but you also struck out 212 times.

WE WANT HOOKS,  WE WANT HOOKS,  WE WANT HOOKS,    WE WANT HOOKS. If we can't get him we want Mack Brown, We want Mac Brown, We want Mac Brown. That is considering he beats A&M.

yes, yankeedog, I remember seeing you hit the 65 home runs that year but you also struck out 212 times.

WE WANT HOOKS,   WE WANT HOOKS,  WE WANT HOOKS,    WE WANT HOOKS. If we can't get him we want Mack Brown, We want Mac Brown, We want Mac Brown. That is considering he beats A&M.

sure eagle...put a damper on my day!!!    ;D

Roughrider

Sophomore

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Re: Nederland Seniors

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:56 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Stangs92 on November 25, 2008, 03:00:56 PM

HEY EVERYONE. IF U GET A CHANCE ON DEC.6,2008 COME AND CHECK OUT THE STJFL SEMIFINALS AT DAN R. HOOKS STADIUM. IT WILL BE SOME GREAT YOUTH FOOTBALL. HERE IS THE SCHEDULE:

Pee Wee Division  9am Lumberton White Vs Ned Gold

11am WO-S Vs Lumberton Red

JUNIOR DIVISION WILL HAVE A CLASSIC  MATCHUP BETWEEN TWO WO-S TEAMS.

JR. DIVISION    1PM WO-S WHITE VS. WOS BLUE

3PM KOUNTZE VS. LUMBERTON WHITE

SR. DIVISION      5PM WO-S BLUE VS. LUMBERTON WHITE

7PM  NED. BLACK VS. NED. WHITE

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR CITY AND THE STARS OF THE FUTURE!!!!!

With so much talk lately about upcoming talent. It looks to me like WOS, Lumberton, and Nederland have the bragging rights.

Yeah I think its a little crazy also!!!!!!!!

I played football at PNG and I played for 3 diffrent head coaches while I was there. In coaching I was on a staff that my head coach was reassigned. Also have been on a new staff coming in after an old coach was run off...

The only comment I will make is that things will get crazy over there!!!!!  It will take the ALL of the parents support for the new coach or a WHOLE lot of wins to bring this community back together...

I'm not saying be disloyal to MB just make sure the new coach...whatever he does...has you FULL support.

"whatever he does" - I played for Malone and personally at the time did not like him. But after he left and now looking back...he made me a better player and I thank him for that. Oh yeah and we WON!!!

I was wondering what happened to Malone. Have not heard anything about him since he left here.

Time will tell.

that is the funniest thing that I have ever heard.  Go freshman and little league give me a break.  Their are 1000 different divisions everyone is 1 game away from being a champ. lmao

The funniest thing you've ever heard? Dang, I'm more talented than I thought.  ::)

And a freshman championship is insignificant, huh? How'd your team do this year?

Regarding Little League, advancing to the World Series is extremely rare, no team from this area has ever done it, in fact. Only two teams from this area have ever gone as far as Groves National Little League did a couple of years ago; one from Port Arthur in 1984, and one from Port Neches in 1969.

This is the hidden content, please

It's kind've a big deal. Maybe you've seen it on ESPN and CNN?

This is the hidden content, please

With all this talk about developing talent at the middle school level, these accomplishments are definitely relevant. Laugh all you want, then come and see these boys as well as some other significant talent that PN-G has coming down the pipe in the next few years.

I played football at PNG and I played for 3 diffrent head coaches while I was there. In coaching I was on a staff that my head coach was reassigned. Also have been on a new staff coming in after an old coach was run off...

The only comment I will make is that things will get crazy over there!!!!!  It will take the ALL of the parents support for the new coach or a WHOLE lot of wins to bring this community back together...

I'm not saying be disloyal to MB just make sure the new coach...whatever he does...has you FULL support.

"whatever he does" - I played for Malone and personally at the time did not like him. But after he left and now looking back...he made me a better player and I thank him for that. Oh yeah and we WON!!!

I was wondering what happened to Malone. Have not heard anything about him since he left here.

He is coaching in Nebraska( where he is from)and is still fielding some good teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba