Will Nederland Ever Go Deep In The Playoffs Again?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

And not just Nederland, what about PN-G? Or the other 4A schools in the District? Are we losing numbers and talent to bigger cities like Houston, Dallas etc? I think we may be.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple answer is yes, in the next several years I predict Nederland has the goods to make a deep run, maybe very deep.  A third year starting QB is a pretty nice piece to build around.

Simple answer is yes, in the next several years I predict Nederland has the goods to make a deep run, maybe very deep.  A third year starting QB is a pretty nice piece to build around.

I agree with you.  Although I thought the same thing about our 3rd yr. QB.  disappointing results, obviously.

And not just Nederland, what about PN-G? Or the other 4A schools in the District? Are we losing numbers and talent to bigger cities like Houston, Dallas etc? I think we may be.

seems like some schools always have more talent than others.  Numbers wise, I don't see why any 4a school would have bigger numbers than the other. 4a is set within a certain range of enrollment.  I don't know about a deep run in the playoffs if deep means getting out of our region.  It could happen.  If Nederland ever got a highly talented offensive and defensive bunch. I think we have the coaching talent to go all the way. Heck, I think Nederland, Lumberton, Png, and Central, havethe coaching to make a deep run.

An experienced QB is definitely a plus but Big Ned is losing some real studs on offense - Grogan, Cardenas and Huber.  You don't replace these guys by just moving someone up from the Freshmen or JV team. 

That's true, and jv and freshman success doesn't alway's mean varsity success.

With that said, there is alot of tallent coming up for Nederland. Also you need to have some breaks go your way to win in the play offs, Nederland has had some teams capable of winning it all, but it wasn't in the cards, tough break.

I think there is a real chance for at least a couple of teams to go deep in the near future. Nederland if they can make up for the loss of their seniors should do pretty well next year. Central if they can keep it together ALWAYS has the talent to make a deep run. Lumberton will probably go at least 4 deep next year and again in a couple of years. PNG, if tradition holds, will pick back up in a few years and Vidor I suspect will finally push in next year. LCM, who knows. Livingston I gotta give credit, they seemed to come together after they came through L-Town, unfortunately they got caught in the stamped that is the Broncos. Finally, Ozen, yeah right they may have a decent team some day, but now that they can't draw the top athletes from the Beaumont pot like they were able to their first couple of years, it's going to take a surprise blue chip athlete like they had when they had Perkins in B-ball before they will be the cream of the crop. This district will have a lot to offer in the next few years, AJ and Cody at Dayton will be graduating and I think our district may sweep again within 2 years.

Let's face facts: Nederland would not have made the playoffs this year if they had not added a fourth team. 

As long as Nederland keeps their DC then they will be hard pressed make the playoffs much less go deep into them.

Defense wins championships and this DC's defense's has consistently been year after year at the bottom of the defensive standings.  Why the HC keeps him is a mystery.  I guess what I am saying is don't get your hopes up for a deep playoff run.

No one from the GT considers Dayton Local.  You guys have always been the enemy! ;D

I suspect one of the MC schools might have a run in a few years from all I have seen and heard of the 9th & 10th graders this year.

Lumberton could also with Crueder and that defense. Not sure about the offense, but defense wins more games in the playoffs.

Central is not done yet! Their Defense is quick.

Guest Brubaker

Let's face facts: Nederland would not have made the playoffs this year if they had not added a fourth team. 

As long as Nederland keeps their DC then they will be hard pressed make the playoffs much less go deep into them.

Defense wins championships and this DC's defense's has consistently been year after year at the bottom of the defensive standings.  Why the HC keeps him is a mystery.  I guess what I am saying is don't get your hopes up for a deep playoff run.

Do you first post guys have some kind of a club where the oxygen deprives the brain of rational thought?  Nice one Smitty, been around here long???

To make a deep run in the playoffs it really helps if you have at least one high caliber athlete that will have a future playing on Saturdays after high school.

Coaching and school pride can go a long way (PN-G's playoff runs in the 70's), but if you don't have the talent you can make the playoffs, but going all the way is unlikely.

Dayton is very fortunate this year to have two players that will be playing on Saturday's.

The results are obvious.

It is simply amazing the talent that keeps on coming up in this small town.

The 8th grade bunch at Dayton may be one of the best yet.

Do you first post guys have some kind of a club where the oxygen deprives the brain of rational thought?  Nice one Smitty, been around here long???

What is so irrational about this?  I don't agree that the DC needs to be replaced but Nederland's defense needs to get better if they're going to make deep playoff run.

What is so irrational about this?  I don't agree that the DC needs to be replaced but Nederland's defense needs to get better if they're going to make deep playoff run.

You have to understand. In Nederland if you disagree with the coaches something is wrong with you. Coaches in Nederland are perfect and don't need to be replaced.  There is nothing wrong with what Smitty said.  He has the right to disagree with the DC.  I see his point.  I personally like the DC.  He coached and taught me in school. 

Sometimes I just wish we didn't have so many homers coaching our team.  I would like to see what our team could do with some fresh coaches ideas along side Neumann.    Then again if it ain't broke why fix it?

Guest Brubaker

Our coaches in Nederland aren't perfect, but they've proven to me to be among the best in the state.  They do more with what they have year in and year out than most.  I've been in Nederland for a long time, I like to win... I've watched Nederland's defense be dominant against extremely complex schemes and extremely talented players, under this same DC.  I watched this year as we simply got OVERPOWERED, in my eyes there is not much scheming you can do when teams don't even line up with a wide receiver and you struggle to stop them.  That's not coaching.  Our kids played hard this year, I don't question that, and I saw them get better as the year went on.  Hey this is a free country, but when everybody in the area and even outside the area is envious of the coaching staff we have, whether they're homers or not, I just kinda soak up what I see/hear/observe and form my own opinion.  It differs disgustingly from Smitty, that's my only point.  Remember, the folks who disagree with you have just as much a right to post.

Guest b-a-g fan

Nederland Loses some very key talent, receivers offensive linemen, running back and others  ,that attributed to them even making the playoffs . It will be hard for Nederland to improve from this year, but who knows  ??? ;)

Brubaker: So you're an expert because you have posted on this board before?  Interesting!  Check the defensive standings over these last  many years and you'll find what some are talking about.  Replace the DC and you'll immediately become a serious contender to make it deeper into the playoffs.  But why do I have to tell you?  Your brain cells equal the amount of posts you have.  Um, I don't think I would be bragging too much.

Brubaker: So you're an expert because you have posted on this board before?  Interesting!  Check the defensive standings over these last  many years and you'll find what some are talking about.  Replace the DC and you'll immediately become a serious contender to make it deeper into the playoffs.  But why do I have to tell you?  Your brain cells equal the amount of posts you have.  Um, I don't think I would be bragging too much.

Smitty, the facts are that even though they were the fourth place team, they still went to the second round and should have been in the third round which is more than you can say for for the district co-champs. (Lum). The facts are that there is not a DC in the state that could have made a deeper run with this years team. They just didnt have a deep pool of talent.

With that being said, I do wish we would blitz the linebackers more often.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami