*Hardin vs. New Waverly Playoff/39-8 NW Advances!!*

KFDM COOP

Hardin gets it down to the five yard line and it gets called back on an inadvertant whistle.  Freakin bull s**t.

now now play nice

The ref actually thought stelly had the ball up the middle when he went down, he blew the whistle, meanwhile, villamez is in the middle of running for about 40 yards down to the 5 yard line.  Not much excuse for that, just not being a very good ref.

I still find it intresting that people think officiating doesn't play into the outcome of sporting events.  This is absolutely a good example of not letting the players decide the outcome of a game.

Who knows, might not of meant anything, but you'll never know.

Just a shame.

And I know he didn't do it on purpose, just aggrivating...

Guest baseball25

WHEN u cant score in the redzone its tough. Got to the redzone 4 times and didnt score. Hardin played a heck of game. Nw got athletes and i mean athletes

My gut tells me, that NW will beat Daingerfield and Newton will beat Franklin.  Then, New Waverly vs. Newton.  I think Newton will win, but should be a good one.

Im goin to have to disagree with ya on this one. Daingerfield is a solid team and should beat NW. I do agree that newton will win. Then Newton vs Daingerfield will be one heck of a matchup!

My gut tells me, that NW will beat Daingerfield and Newton will beat Franklin.  Then, New Waverly vs. Newton.  I think Newton will win, but should be a good one.

Im goin to have to disagree with ya on this one. Daingerfield is a solid team and should beat NW. I do agree that newton will win. Then Newton vs Daingerfield will be one heck of a matchup!

Danigerfield will beat NW by 12+.  The Tigers can play ball......

I also went and watched this game. I agree the officiating left alot to be desired. However on the inadvertant whistle most of the defense stopped. The whistle blew really early in the play. He may have gained 10 yards had the whistle not blown. Really it had no impact on the outcome of the game. New Waverly has some really good athletes and most only play on one side of the ball. Keeping them fresh. For 2A this is not all that common. I was impressed. #20 can flat out fly but also runs very tough. I am not one for talking down coaches so I will try to watch what I say, but their was a coach on the field who received a unsportsmanlike penalty. A little later their was an opposing player injured on that sideline, from my vantage point it appeared the coach actually stepped over him. I am not from either school, so I believe my opinion is unbiased but it looked to be in very poor taste.

I agree that this particular play wouldn't have necessarily changed the outcome, but i disagree on the fact of how many yards the QB would have had. He was all alone headed down the field, the whole defense took the fake and was headed the other way. The worst part of it all, after the ref blew the call and he knew he blew the call,  he had the nerve on the very next play, which also resulted in a first down inside the 10, to call an illegal formation penalty on us. I'm not taking anything away from New Waverly, they were impressive, but they also only had 100 yards more offense than Hardin, we just couldn't put the ball in the endzone the 5 or 6 times we were inside the 20. Hardin is young, very young, look for them in the playoffs again next year. Also, good luck to New Waverly the rest of the way.

Good Luck Bull Dawgs you live the closest to Hardin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex