WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

My most recent post on Smoaky:  ...and I must say as a compliment to them that the moderators have called off the dogs in regards to the local East Texas posters viciously attacking anyone who seemed at all to be from the SE Texas area.

So WO-S had one close game against Silsbee... at least we won that one.

What do you make of the following series of games?

Jacksonville 22, Lindale 19

Lindale 35, Kilgore 17

Kilgore 28, Gilmer 14

Kilgore 33, Carthage 20

Carthage 42, Jacksonville 21

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Gilmer poster on smoaky

Originally posted by Black Flag

Who has WO-S played that is even close to the caliber team Gilmer is. Easy for a Defense to stop people that don't put points on the board. Gilmer Defense STOPPED the top raided running back in the Nation. "Tucker Chapel Hill" I hear a lot of talking but show me some facts about some top teams WO-S has played and stopped. Have they faced a Offense that can put 50 on you in the first half. There will be no holding back this game. There will be no taking a knee at half. The stopping point will be in the 4th quarter when the game is over.

Yeah.He posted that on the downlow also.These Gilmer people are nervous.That's why they are talking so much trash.Just sit back and LET THE SILVER HELMET DO THE TALKING ;D

Guest wos grad

If WOS comes ready to play they can beat just about anyone including most 4A teams in the state, well coached speed will beat size everytime in high school football.

The key's will be;

1) Play 48 minute's of Mustang Football.

2)offensive play calling, most of the playoff loses for WOS were because the coaching staff let the kids  down and not vice versa.  ( Giddings and Waco LaVega - prime examples)

3) The offensive Line will have to have a great game.

4) If #3 happens Q.G.will kill them.

5)We have to control the clock - keep their offense off the field - if the ChainGang is rested they can't be beat.

6) when we throw - don't always go for the long ball, if we can throw slants over the middle (6-8 yards)  it will pull their linebackers off the line and enable the running game to explode. We could have killed LaVega with that. We have to many talented receivers to cover, we only have 1 running back.

If WOS is ready to play   It'll be WOS 28 - Gilmer 14,  if not it could get ugly in a hurry.

Great read sir. My only worry is can we score enough?

Gilmer has one of the best Jr. Quarterbacks in the State (if not the best in 3A) they have more athletes and more speed than WOS has seen all year by far.

Gilmer will win...

The most intriguing game in 3A this year will be the re-match between Gilmer and Liberty Hill for the State Championship (assuming both teams get there, and they should based upon the competition in their regions)

Gilmer is one of the deepest teams I have ever seen in high school football.  That is what makes them unique this year.  I think that too many people are looking at the Mexia game for some reason.  Not sure why. 

I know WOS's defense is tough.  Our coach is comparing it to Atlanta's '03 defense.  That defense was truly special. 

This game will be such a great battle!!

Gilmer is one of the deepest teams I have ever seen in high school football.  That is what makes them unique this year.  I think that too many people are looking at the Mexia game for some reason.  Not sure why. 

I know WOS's defense is tough.  Our coach is comparing it to Atlanta's '03 defense.  That defense was truly special. 

This game will be such a great battle!!

It's nice to see some Gilmer fans think this might be a contest.

my friend you dont know what speed is. but u will come saturday so PLEASE dont tell us about your speed my friend i have see you on film all this week am i missing something. maxia was lots faster than you  u know it i know it.oh by the way ,did not see you at the state track meet  why was that. but to be upfront with you my friend  wo-s dose know how good you guys are should be a super game  if the mustangs play there hearts out and dont give up on each other and (PLAY SMART FOOTBALL) ----------------the eye of the tiger will be on the ball . PS you go over to nederland are silsbee and tell them that thay are no one

Guest wos grad

It will be a contest if WOS can score with Gilmer.  Otherwise, just too much depth and too many weapons.  You should've seen that on our stat sheet.  Gilmer looks like a PRO team compared to you guys.  You're just a "nice little 3-A" team.

Yea right. What happened against 4A Kilgore? Ennis killed them.

Guest wos grad

There is no way that WOS will be able to stop Gilmer's offense consistently enough to win...and there is no way that WOS will be able to out score Gilmer..Gilmer will roll by at least a couple of scores.

Nope no way at all. Gilmer wins 66-0.

It will be a contest if WOS can score with Gilmer.  Otherwise, just too much depth and too many weapons.  You should've seen that on our stat sheet.  Gilmer looks like a PRO team compared to you guys.  You're just a "nice little 3-A" team.

Never mind.I thought you had some brains but your in your on little world with the rest of them...shuts out anything they don't want to deal with. ::)

One time I was hanging out with this girl and we were eating pizza...she ate like two pieces and didn't have anything to drink with it. I offered her some soda or some water and she declined, she just sat there eating pizza with nothing to drink. I was worried that the poor girl was going to choke to death.

That is what this game is going to be like.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder