WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

Yes but this will be the first real test this year since Silsbee, now folks what we need to do is

1. Sustain Drives

2. Good Playcalling

3. Stop throwing so much to the short side of the field and throw more in the middle. I saw one pass thrown in the middle of the field vs. Caldwell and it worked.

4. No Turnovers

5. Good Blocking

Stangs by 10.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but this will be the first real test this year since Silsbee, now folks what we need to do is

1. Sustain Drives

2. Good Playcalling

3. Stop throwing so much to the short side of the field and throw more in the middle. I saw one pass thrown in the middle of the field vs. Caldwell and it worked.

4. No Turnovers

5. Good Blocking

We won 37-7. What he did also worked.

Teams are putting up some numbers on Gilmer.Gilmer is winning because they are putting up bigger numbers.Now just because other teams are doing it doesn't mean that wo-s will do it also.How many times have we seen that happen before.What I'm saying is we have to stop gilmer from putting up the numbers they are used to and the chain gang can do that.If we get into a shootout like the Gilmer/Jasper game a few years back I don't like our chances.This defense of wo-s is where the battle will be won.We are going to get past this round three and go home thing.

This is the hidden content, please

From a Gilmer poster from smoaky!!

Talked to some of the coaches yesterday, and they thought WOS had the best defense they had seen since Atlanta in '03. That's high praise indeed.

This game goes back once again to the defense. I just can't see Gilmer lighting up the scoreboard against WOS. If they win, it will be a low scoring affair. But Gilmer's defense (with the exception of the 2nd half against Mexia) has been excellent all year long. Can the defense keep Gilmer in the game, and will the offense break enough big plays to win?

I have no problem with a Gilmer homer poster predicting WOS to win. I just hope that all the Gilmer players expect Gilmer to win. I definitely agree that the team that scores the most points will win. Such wisdom will soon make this board irrelevant.

I did some trolling on the boards across the state. It's amazing that many of our posters also frequent all the other boards.

This game is going to me a little closer than I'm expecting. We know how good the Stangs defense is, but it's pretty well known across the state in the 3A ranks and has Gilmer back on it's heels. I watched the video highlights of Gilmer, the line has some size but it's not quick, big problem.

I'm thinking a 10 point win for the Stangs.

This is the hidden content, please

From a Gilmer Poster from the smoaky website

8 reasons why West Orange-Stark won't be a problem for the Buckeyes:

1. West Orange 33 Nederland 13 (Nederland finished season 4-4 in 4A)

2. W.O. 48 Little Cypress Mauriceville 7 (LCM finished season 0-8 in 4A)

(Kirbyville and Jasper games cancelled)

3. W.O. 33 Brookshire Royal 7 (BR finished season 3-6)

4. W.O. 14 Silsbee 7 (Silsbee finished second in district at 4-4.

The other 4 teams (Hamshire Fannet, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield) (60-0, 66-7, 40-0, 67-0) all finished the season with records worse than 4-4.

And get this. Silsbee only lost by a touchdown to West Orange-Stark. Silsbee only lost by 3 points to Diboll. Diboll as we know got beat by Gilmer last night 54-0 and by Carthage 62-28.

West Orange probably would have had 2 losses in Jasper and Kirbyville had they been able to play those games and obviously didn't play anyone yet other than Silsbee.

So the possibility of Carthage meeting Gilmer are improving!

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+

After watching both teams this year gilmer is more athletic.   with that said this game will depend on the wos "D" but I predict a high scoring game much like jasper in the state championship game a few years ago.  Wos 49 gilmer 48

Can't say that I agree with that and I have seen several Mustang games and saw 2 Gilmer games this year.

alot of people on other boards said if MAXIA had eny type of DEFENSE GILMER would be home playing basketball this week.

Amen to that!!  WO-S hasn't given up over 21 points in a single game in the past 35 consecutive games ...

Which is much less than...

the 36 pts Gilmer gave up this past week to Mexia

the 28 they gave up to Kilgore earlier this season

the 28 they gave up to Jasper earlier this season

the 38 they gave up to Liberty Hill in '07

the 36 they gave up to Dallas Roosevelt in '07

the 28 they gave up to Mabank in '07

the 26 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '07

the 28 they gave up to Tatum in '07

the 39 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '06

and the 42 they gave up to 2A Daingerfield in '06

...over the same period of time!!!