WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see the game last night living in Houston, Playcalling looked better and hopefully that's a sign for next week. Only thing that worries me is that we have to score when given the opportunity!!

I've seen Gilmer and WO-S. And all I can say is, both teams are going to have to bring their A game. Who ever makes the fewest mistakes take this one.

the mustang OC and coaching stall of wo-s are in the WAR ROOM as we speak. gilmer is one of the better teams in the state WE know it thay know it.as i stated at the first of this season there is something about this bunch of kids at wo-s that not eaven there coaching staff can figer out,and we as mustang fans are in the same boat as the coaches.  more to come as i look over some more film of gilmers skill people

west orange-stark are at this mountian agan.these kids at west orange-stark have tryed very very hard to get to the top of it for years but just CANT FIND the long rope to get them over the top to the other side this time. its like this  two boxes with two ropes  only one has the long one,just hope  we can find the long one this time.

One of the Gilmer fans at 3adownlow said he was "encouraged that Silsbee played you guys to a 14-7 overtime game."  If that gives comfort to them, I say let it.  The following was my reply to this person:     

I wouldn't take the Silsbee game as a gauge on what to expect from WO-S.  Call that getting the "one bad one" out of the way, as you described it for Gilmer's last game (vs. Mexia).  Silsbee has played us tough on many occasions, and they played their best game of the year that night.  Unfortunately for them, they did not have a 10 game season's worth of games like the one they played against us.  That game was one bad hurricane and forever ago.  WO-S is much improved since then and in good stride right now. 

WO-S has to do four things IMO:

1) execute well on offense

2) make good decisions on offensive playcalling

3) limit the number of big plays by Gilmer's offense

4) not turn over the ball

Items #1 and #2 are what concern me most. 

If we do these four things...and I know we have it in us...I like our chances.

One of the Gilmer fans at 3adownlow said he was "encouraged that Silsbee played you guys to a 14-7 overtime game."  If that gives comfort to them, I say let it.  The following was my reply to this person:     

I wouldn't take the Silsbee game as a gauge on what to expect from WO-S.  Call that getting the "one bad one" out of the way, as you described it for Gilmer's last game (vs. Mexia).  Silsbee has played us tough on may occasions, and they played their best game of the year that night.  Unfortunately for them, they did not have a 10 game season's worth of games like the one they played against us.  That game was one bad hurricane and forever ago.  WO-S is much improved since then and in good stride right now. 

WO-S has to do four things IMO:

1) execute well on offense

2) make good decisions on offensive playcalling

3) limit the number of big plays by Gilmer's offense

4) not turn over the ball

Items #1 and #2 are what concern me most. 

If we do these four things...and I know we have it in us...I like our chances.

I agree with all of this, griff. The way WOS is playing right now, if my Tigers were to play them now, I beleive the score would be 28-7 WOS. But, you never know, it's all about the matchups.

Mike we must have a show Monday!

Here is how I see this game....

Gilmer gives up points and yards. WO-S can and should move the ball. Hypolite is a great leader and will do it again. A huge part of the Mustangs offense right now is the re-emergence of Q. Garrett. He is running wild and you can see in his eyes he does not plan on being stopped. If he has this same desire again Saturday, I don't care what defense the Mustangs are playing - he will get his yards and score some more. The WO-S needs to show patience in scoring and let the defense do its job and then take advantage of the opportunites given to them.

Gilmer expects to score big. They will not put up 400 yards and 40 points on WOS. It simply will not happen.

If WO-S can keep Gilmer in the 20's, WO-S can score enough to win the game and move on. WO-S needs a great defensive stand right off the bat to show Gilmer is going to be in a fight for yardage. It is exactly what they did to Caldwell. You could see the doubt in Caldwell's eyes right off the bat, even after the 75 yard run. The Hornets were not used to being wrapped up 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. WO-S needs that to happen again. Put a little doubt and fear into Gilmer then let Hypo and Garrett go to work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder