WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

Guest Gilmer38WOS28

alot of people on other boards said if MAXIA had eny type of DEFENSE GILMER would be home playing basketball this week.

Amen to that!!  WO-S hasn't given up over 21 points in a single game in the past 35 consecutive games ...

Which is much less than...

the 36 pts Gilmer gave up this past week to Mexia

the 28 they gave up to Kilgore earlier this season

the 28 they gave up to Jasper earlier this season

the 38 they gave up to Liberty Hill in '07

the 36 they gave up to Dallas Roosevelt in '07

the 28 they gave up to Mabank in '07

the 26 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '07

the 28 they gave up to Tatum in '07

the 39 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '06

and the 42 they gave up to 2A Daingerfield in '06

...over the same period of time!!!

Our DC rules

:D

Stats, smats. I've seen your numbers over on the downlow.

Every coach will tell you, stats don't win jack.

Gilmer takes this one 38-28

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of people on other boards said if MAXIA had eny type of DEFENSE GILMER would be home playing basketball this week.

Amen to that!!  WO-S hasn't given up over 21 points in a single game in the past 35 consecutive games ...

Our DC rules

Every coach apparently didn't take many mathematics courses nor do they have much common sense

Guest Gilmer38WOS28

No, we'll probably have to put up with him all week, I believe the schools are out this week for the holidays.  Curfew is not 10:00 this week.  Maybe his parents will hear him pecking the keys and send him to bed.

No kid here. Just a hard working man that supports his Gilmer football.

No, we'll probably have to put up with him all week, I believe the schools are out this week for the holidays.  Curfew is not 10:00 this week.  Maybe his parents will hear him pecking the keys and send him to bed.

No kid here. Just a hard working man that supports his Gilmer football.

Man, you say.  Hmmm....

It's commendable that you support your Gilmer football, but does Gilmer not have a support-your-Gilmer-football-website?  LOL  That's right, you do...it's called smoaky.  This will be a good game and thanks for the "mighty mustang defense" compliment.  I really think that this should be the game of the week.

This is the hidden content, please

From a Gilmer Poster from the smoaky website

8 reasons why West Orange-Stark won't be a problem for the Buckeyes:

1. West Orange 33 Nederland 13 (Nederland finished season 4-4 in 4A)

2. W.O. 48 Little Cypress Mauriceville 7 (LCM finished season 0-8 in 4A)

(Kirbyville and Jasper games cancelled)

3. W.O. 33 Brookshire Royal 7 (BR finished season 3-6)

4. W.O. 14 Silsbee 7 (Silsbee finished second in district at 4-4.

The other 4 teams (Hamshire Fannet, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield) (60-0, 66-7, 40-0, 67-0) all finished the season with records worse than 4-4.

And get this. Silsbee only lost by a touchdown to West Orange-Stark. Silsbee only lost by 3 points to Diboll. Diboll as we know got beat by Gilmer last night 54-0 and by Carthage 62-28.

West Orange probably would have had 2 losses in Jasper and Kirbyville had they been able to play those games and obviously didn't play anyone yet other than Silsbee.

So the possibility of Carthage meeting Gilmer are improving!

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+

Without really knowing the history or drive of wo-s football you can see where an outsider would find logic in these stats.  I once heard someone say that "Statistics are like a hostage...you can twist them around and punish them into saying anything you want them to say".

This should be a good game, but surely no one is taking wo-s lightly.  Sometimes you TRY to make yourself feel better about the situation you're in.  ;D

[

And get this. Silsbee only lost by a touchdown to West Orange-Stark. Silsbee only lost by 3 points to Diboll. Diboll as we know got beat by Gilmer last night 54-0 and by Carthage 62-28.

West Orange probably would have had 2 losses in Jasper and Kirbyville had they been able to play those games and obviously didn't play anyone yet other than Silsbee.

So the possibility of Carthage meeting Gilmer are improving!

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

This is funny.We all know you can't compare what one team did or did not do to another team and use that as to what your team will do to a team you have never played.To think that a teams weak schedule says that team is not for real is foolish.

We beat two solid playoff teams handily that were going to destroy our defense.I'll put my money on the Chain Gang.

man oh man after watching gilmer and maxia game film clips sent to me by my uncle that lives in gilmer and one of there big big fans for years ,now i will agree with him about there game with maxia. sunday as we spoke on the phone  he said maxia , gave gilmer a gift.ron has lived in gilmer for 22 years and makes all of gilmers home games he just a super fan and loves his football and loves to watch his grandson play. he asked me was it true about the speed of the mustangs. that is one part that upsets him PS more to come later

man oh man after watching gilmer and [glow=red,2,300]maxia[/glow] game film clips sent to me by my uncle that lives in gilmer and one of there big big fans for years ,now i will agree with him about there game with maxia. sunday as we spoke on the phone  he said maxia , gave gilmer a gift.ron has lived in gilmer for 22 years and makes all of gilmers home games he just a super fan and loves his football and loves to watch his grandson play. he asked me was it true about the speed of the mustangs. that is one part that upsets him PS more to come later

It is Mexia!!    Sorry, that has been bugging me for 3 days!!

Our DC rules

Anyone on either side that thinks this game will be easy is highly dillusional!!  This is a pick 'em.  No way to know who will win.

I think this game will be a lot like the past few matchups the Mustangs have had with Dayton.  I do believe, however, Dayton is a more physical team than Gilmer!!

Well... I don't make it a habit of hammering on the play calling and do not wish to start a big OC witch hunt. But, when discussing this game, as big as it is, the playcalling has to be an issue, no matter who it is calling the plays. I don't agree with many things posted here about the playcalling usually, especially those bitching about the WR screen. I like it because it gets the ball in the hands of those who can make plays for you. However, we have a history of climbing into a shell in games this big and, hopefully, it doesn't happen in this game, but it has in the past. I think the play calling has been good, for the most part, the last few games. If that makes me an armchair QB, an internet expert or whatever else you want to call me then that's fine (I'm sorry that I don't just close my eyes when we have the ball). Everything has to be clicking on offense, defense and the play calling to win this game. Hopefully, it will be. 

smiles,  your doing fine my friend,you are not the only one lol . as u must know  the oc there at wo-s must try and find away to find away to use the kids speed agnest a LB from gilmer, if this happens  things will haft to change in a hurry for gilmer and if that happens  mustang will  go to the run happy offense .

smiles,  your doing fine my friend,you are not the only one lol . as u must know  the oc there at wo-s must try and find away to find away to use the kids speed agnest a LB from gilmer, if this happens  things will haft to change in a hurry for gilmer and if that happens  mustang will  go to the run happy offense .

The run happy offense very well may be the way to beat Gilmer. From what happened last week, it sure appears that it is. However, if they come into the game and play to shut it down and are successful at it, we can't be afraid to try something else. If they are weak at defensing the run, they will have to get help to stop it. If they do that, it will leave them weak somewhere else and we can't be afraid to attack that weakness.

Guest wos grad

Well... I don't make it a habit of hammering on the play calling and do not wish to start a big OC witch hunt. But, when discussing this game, as big as it is, the playcalling has to be an issue, no matter who it is calling the plays. I don't agree with many things posted here about the playcalling usually, especially those bitching about the WR screen. I like it because it gets the ball in the hands of those who can make plays for you. However, we have a history of climbing into a shell in games this big and, hopefully, it doesn't happen in this game, but it has in the past. I think the play calling has been good, for the most part, the last few games. If that makes me an armchair QB, an internet expert or whatever else you want to call me then that's fine (I'm sorry that I don't just close my eyes when we have the ball). Everything has to be clicking on offense, defense and the play calling to win this game. Hopefully, it will be. 

I'm with you Gasilla.

Guest Indian Chief

Call what plays work! If your run don't work then throw.

My birthday is Sat. and the mustangs can give me a round 4 game for a gift. ;D

You might as well find another present because a lot of gilmer people have already got their matchup with Carthage on the calendar!! ::)

Yeah but they weren't aware that the stangs would have this extra incentive and I don't think they could beat Carthage anyway.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83