WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be an awesome game. Gilmer gave up some yards against Mexia, so what. Don't downplay Gilmer cause you think you gonna gets some yards.You think that and you'll be getting your high tops on next week. WOS might have that good defense, are they in shape enough to hang around the 2nd half. Gilmer has enough depth to keep that defense winded all night.Gilmer will get their points and the stangs are gonna have to keep up. I'm gonna give it to the buckeyes in a very good game. Good luck to both teams in an all out war. Please no injuries in this one to either team.

COACH HOOKS ALWAYS SAYS,  "TO WIN IN THE PLAY-OFFS YOU HAFT TO GET ON A ROLL".  FRIDAY NIGHT, WAS QUINNY ON A ROLL.  WAS THE DEFENSE, THE O-LINE, #13 AND THE REST OF THE TEAM ON A ROLL. HOW ABOUT  W.O.S.  PUNTER  WHO GOT HIS PUNT BLOCKED. IT`S PLAYS LIKE THAT, THAT WILL HELP A TEAM WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

This will be an awesome game. Gilmer gave up some yards against Mexia, so what. Don't downplay Gilmer cause you think you gonna gets some yards.You think that and you'll be getting your high tops on next week. WOS might have that good defense, are they in shape enough to hang around the 2nd half. Gilmer has enough depth to keep that defense winded all night.Gilmer will get their points and the stangs are gonna have to keep up. I'm gonna give it to the buckeyes in a very good game. Good luck to both teams in an all out war. Please no injuries in this one to either team.

That is almost comical. WO-S is in shape. That is the last concern on any Mustangs' mind.

After watching the Video of Gilmer last week it seems that their O line is decent.. But not near as quick as Wos defense... No doubt we may be a little oversized but I don't think it matters much... look at caldwell their o line was decent but you could'nt tell that size mattered at all in that game... Their backs are pretty quick once they get past the los. But our lb's should take care of that..... Just my opinion...

I agree that our energy in the 2nd half will be the least of our concerns. 

I stopped going to 3adownlow several seasons ago because they just don't respect any one outside of their area.  I don't think that this week will be a cake-walk and I don't think that anyone else does either.  One thing that most  know is that the Mustangs can handle the 2nd half pretty well.  I have faith in my Mustangs and I think that we'll pull this one out by at least a point.  ;D

I am so sick of people seeing a team and saying oh they are big. Size doesn't hurt Wos if the other team doesn't have blazing speed to go with it. Most of the big teams that have played us is holding their sides and getting off the ground very slow by the end of the second quarter. I'll take speed over size any day.

I know some women that would argue that. ;D

I'm sorry, that was bad, but I just couldn't resist. ;)

It looks like Gilmer's offense is pretty dangerous, but their defense isn't too great.  So here's my game plan:

What's the best way to keep Gilmer from scoring?  Keep them off the field!!!  With Gilmer's so-so defense at best, WO-S has to execute and make plays on the offensive side of the ball.  We need to be efficient, and take advantage of opportunities on offense.  That way, our outstanding defense will be well-rested and prepared for every play that Gilmer runs on offense.  That means we will need good playcalling to make this work, and that's what y'all have been saying this whole time.

All of that is easier said than done, of course, but I definitely believe we can be efficient and take home a win.

my uncle that lives in gilmer  and a BIG TIME FAN has told me alot about gilmers football team has. he has said gilmer is very soft in skilled places and maxie found them. he also said if maxie had eny type of defense wo-s would be playing maxie not gilmer. he also said gilmers running back jeremy jackson is there bread and butter man ,witch i new already. now this is the part that has him upset ,he says yes the offence line is BIG but not all that fast.  PS more to come later

Dirk, all your post against Coach Crouch are getting old. We get it, you want him fired.

Amen admin, amen. Coach Crouch's offense is three rounds deep in the playoffs and still unbeaten. I know the defense is great yet give the man some credit.

Saying the Mustangs offense doesn't run like it should also in a way slaps some great players in the face who have some gaudy numbers this year.

Guest wos grad

Yes but this will be the first real test this year since Silsbee, now folks what we need to do is

1. Sustain Drives

2. Good Playcalling

3. Stop throwing so much to the short side of the field and throw more in the middle. I saw one pass thrown in the middle of the field vs. Caldwell and it worked.

4. No Turnovers

5. Good Blocking

Dirk, all your post against Coach Crouch are getting old. We get it, you want him fired.

Amen admin, amen. Coach Crouch's offense is three rounds deep in the playoffs and still unbeaten. I know the defense is great yet give the man some credit.

Saying the Mustangs offense doesn't run like it should also in a way slaps some great players in the face who have some gaudy numbers this year.

DITTO!  From this TRUE MUSTANG FAN...I couldn't agree with you more.

My eldest former Mustang said it best...it doesn't matter WHO is calling the plays...sometimes the players just can't execute the plays and in saying that the offense is this and the OC is that is almost a cowardly way of downing high school kids.  Most of us fans are very upset when we don't win, but I'm tired of hearing how bad we are and our coaches are because we ONLY make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.  I doubt seriously that any of these internet coaches could do much better...on the lines of the Wizard of Oz...we're not playing in little league any more! :o

I am so sick of people seeing a team and saying oh they are big. Size doesn't hurt Wos if the other team doesn't have blazing speed to go with it. Most of the big teams that have played us is holding their sides and getting off the ground very slow by the end of the second quarter. I'll take speed over size any day.

I know some women that would argue that. ;D

I'm sorry, that was bad, but I just couldn't resist. ;)

LOl I'm a female and size doesn't matter if you don't know what to do with it. Lmao. Now you made us totally get off subject here.

My reply to a post on another message board

Is it just because the Buckeyes had a bad defensive game against Mexia that the once loyal fans think they will lose this Saturday or do you really think that WOS is that good?I simply believe the "Black Flag" defense will reappear along with good receiving hands on offense and they win this game.I"m not taking away anything from WOS,but the Bucks have played up or down to their competition before.Keep the faith!!! 

One could say the exact same thing about WO-S...

EXCEPT that WO-S hasn't given up over 21 points in a single game in the past 35 consecutive games ...

Which is much less than...

the 36 pts Gilmer gave up this past week to Mexia

the 28 they gave up to Kilgore earlier this season

the 28 they gave up to Jasper earlier this season

the 38 they gave up to Liberty Hill in '07

the 36 they gave up to Dallas Roosevelt in '07

the 28 they gave up to Mabank in '07

the 26 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '07

the 28 they gave up to Tatum in '07

the 39 they gave up to Liberty-Eylau in '06

and the 42 they gave up to 2A Daingerfield in '06

...over the same period of time!!!

Our DC rules

OK GILMER lets get this mess out of the way. YES YOUR BIG maybe not as big as nederland are brooksire are silsbee but still big. FAST yes maybe like brookshire are silsbee but still fast. yes we know you guys have a very good offense somewhat like caldwell  the team that had (3) backs with over 1,000 yards and yes we know jeremy jackson is good ,he and the kid from coldsprings same size  and speed as i see it on film

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder