WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

One of the Gilmer fans at 3adownlow said he was "encouraged that Silsbee played you guys to a 14-7 overtime game."  If that gives comfort to them, I say let it. 

Reminds me of what happened way back in ’87.

During regular season it was WOS 3, Jasper 0. Very tough game. Played at Jasper and as always Jasper was ready to play WOS.

First round of the playoffs it was West Columbia 28, Jasper 6. Easy enough win for West Columbia.

But two weeks later it was WOS 30, West Columbia 7. It wasn’t some kind of fluke. WOS was clearly the superior team and when it was over West Columbia knew it.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets talk gilmer.#1 this team will be so fired up it will scare you just watching them warm up before kickoff #2gilmer knows that wo-s has a good defence but there coaching staff will not let them forget that thay  are powerhouse of offence themself and it is wo-s that must stop them not themself. #3gilmers coaches will tell there kids all the presser will be on wo-s not them just play gilmer football and u go to the next round. PS now your turn to add to this if u care to

I agree with you Griff and Gabe both. Griff, like you, I'm especially concerned with #2. It's this type of game where we have fallen short in the past in that department. Let's hope it doesn't happen Saturday. We can't go into a shell offensively hoping that we don't make a mistake. We need to go all out. Offensively, defensively and in the booth.

I agree with you Griff and Gabe both. Griff, like you, I'm especially concerned with #2. It's this type of game where we have fallen short in the past in that department. Let's hope it doesn't happen Saturday. We can't go into a shell offensively hoping that we don't make a mistake. We need to go all out. Offensively, defensively and in the booth.

Ditto.  I'm praying for "boldness in the booth".  We can't play not to lose.  We've got to be the aggressor. 

AS good as the Defense is Gilmer will score, the million dollar question will be can we score enough to win?

Gilmer will give up points, but trust me the will score more than 21 points.  High scoring game ....maybe the last team with the ball determines who wins

I know Gilmer is very good, but so is our defense and I do not think giving up more than 21 points to them is a given. They were shut out this year by Kilgore and I feel that if someone else can do that, we can, at least, keep them to 14 or less. We have to play, but I know it can be done.

WOS87 has put his computer to work and has the Stangs a 4 point underdog. 87 , you haven't missed many but I hope you're wrong. I'm going to go see this battle, WOS will win by 2 TD's, Gilmer will score 3 times.

Gilmer hasn't seen speed like this all year, and I'm going to witness it from a real close view. 

WOS87 post on 3A

Predictions for Week 13

Division I

China Spring over Abilene Wylie by 8 points

Prosper over Van by 18 points

Waco La Vega over Navasota by 4 points

Cuero over La Feria by 30 points

Division II

Bridgeport over Monahans by 19 points

Liberty Hill over Sweetwater by 4 points

Celina over Pleasant Grove by 13 points

New Boston over Kaufman by 1 point

(As much as it pains me) Gilmer over WO-S by 4 points

Carthage over Rockdale by 17 points

Bellville over Sinton by 16 points

Giddings over Rio Hondo by 13 points

I am so sick of people seeing a team and saying oh they are big. Size doesn't hurt Wos if the other team doesn't have blazing speed to go with it. Most of the big teams that have played us is holding their sides and getting off the ground very slow by the end of the second quarter. I'll take speed over size any day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder