*Silsbee vs. Huffman Playoff Updates*/Silsbee Comes Back And Wins!

KFDM COOP

I would like to first of all apologize for the technical difficulties we had bringing the webcast to you guys. The wireless internet connection in the pressbox was not allowing our software to connect for some odd reason. After scrambling around, we finally had to go the old fashion route, cellphone. Anyway, I am sorry for the delay.

I also would like to congradulate the Huffman Falcons on a hard fought game. You are a very scrappy and well coached team. You gave great effort tonight, you should be proud.

The Tigers snuck out of Huntsville with a win, that's as simple as it gets. Silsbee did not play well at all offensively. The Tiger defense played good in the first half, but a couple of Silsbee turnovers deep in their own end of the field allowed Huffman to put up 16 points in the first half. Silsbee's defense played great in the second half, totally shutting down the Huffman offense. The Tigers offense had a few bright spots, but really struggled all night. They finally put a good drive together in the waning minutes, scoring the winning touchdown with 31 seconds left.

The bright side, Silsbee gets a win after not playing well. The downside, Silsbee will have to play better next week against a tough Navasota team or their season will come to an end. Let's hope this was the Tigers' stinker for the playoffs, and get back to playing the type of football that Silsbee has played over the last 5 weeks.

Again, sorry for the mess up. We were assured that next week the problems will be taken care of.

Congrats Silsbee on the win. On to the next round!

Congrads Silsbee you came back and got the big play when you had to have it. Was nice meeting everyone tonight and will follow your team closely in the coming weeks. Talked to my kid after the game and told me that your players were nothing but class. Good luck and hope you win  the state title.

Silsbees D came up big tonight. Coach Hickman made great adjustments all throughout the game.  He doesn't wait for half time. Our boys showed that they had heart, and played hard as well.  I don't believe the O struggled by themselves- Huffmans D was strong. They were in the right place at the right time several times.

They cant be easy all the time-great job Silsbee!  It was a fun game to watch.

Thank you Kelly for catching the TD pass.

I would like to first of all apologize for the technical difficulties we had bringing the webcast to you guys. The wireless internet connection in the pressbox was not allowing our software to connect for some odd reason. After scrambling around, we finally had to go the old fashion route, cellphone. Anyway, I am sorry for the delay.

I also would like to congradulate the Huffman Falcons on a hard fought game. You are a very scrappy and well coached team. You gave great effort tonight, you should be proud.

The Tigers snuck out of Huntsville with a win, that's as simple as it gets. Silsbee did not play well at all offensively. The Tiger defense played good in the first half, but a couple of Silsbee turnovers deep in their own end of the field allowed Huffman to put up 16 points in the first half. Silsbee's defense played great in the second half, totally shutting down the Huffman offense. The Tigers offense had a few bright spots, but really struggled all night. They finally put a good drive together in the waning minutes, scoring the winning touchdown with 31 seconds left.

The bright side, Silsbee gets a win after not playing well. The downside, Silsbee will have to play better next week against a tough Navasota team or their season will come to an end. Let's hope this was the Tigers' stinker for the playoffs, and get back to playing the type of football that Silsbee has played over the last 5 weeks.

Again, sorry for the mess up. We were assured that next week the problems will be taken care of.

Congratulations Silsbee on a big win. It doesn't matter how you get to the next round as long as you get there. Now, play like you did against WOS against Navasota and take them down!

That being said, I can't help but make a point here (I know, here we go)... Aggies, you know I have given Silsbee much props for the way they played against us. However, when any WOS fan mentions that we may not have played very well that game we quickly get a, "Why is it that you played bad? Maybe it's because we played good", by you or other Silsbee fans. Now, you are doing the same thing. You make it sound like it's because you played bad rather than Huffman playing well... can't have it both ways bro...

Congratulations Silsbee on a big win. It doesn't matter how you get to the next round as long as you get there. Now, play like you did against WOS against Navasota and take them down!

That being said, I can't help but make a point here (I know, here we go)... Aggies, you know I have given Silsbee much props for the way they played against us. However, when any WOS fan mentions that we may not have played very well that game we quickly get a, "Why is it that you played bad? Maybe it's because we played good", by you or other Silsbee fans. Now, you are doing the same thing. You make it sound like it's because you played bad rather than Huffman playing well... can't have it both ways bro...

You are right, Gas. Thanks for pointing that out. Huffman played very well. They were the real cause of the Tiger's poor play. Sorry for not implying it in my earlier post.

Guest tigersvoice

I believe each offense  had a 12th man who hurt them and it was the wind.  Johnson had some nice curves balls when that wind lifted the ball.  Silsbee had some mental mistakes that the kids must overcome as the competition stiffens.

Yes Sir, you are correct about the mental mistakes last night.  Some Silsbee players made some really, really bad decisions on the field.  Was almost the difference in the game outcome.

You know it is disheartening for someone to come on here and say that Silsbee must have played bad, that is the only way the game was close.

How about the fact that Huffman had two fumbles in the 3rd quarter with the wind that cost them the game? They had their best offensive linemen get hurt in the 3rd quarter and lost a starting safety in the 4th? No one mentions that at all because most of you have no idea, you see a box score and it automatically makes you an authority on the game.

Silsbee is a good football team, but so is Huffman. For anyone to get on this board and say otherwise makes you and IDIOT!

If you want to know a little about Huffman, talk to the HC and DC of Silsbee. I believe he said, "the most physical football team he has played all season."

You know it is disheartening for someone to come on here and say that Silsbee must have played bad, that is the only way the game was close.

How about the fact that Huffman had two fumbles in the 3rd quarter with the wind that cost them the game? They had their best offensive linemen get hurt in the 3rd quarter and lost a starting safety in the 4th? No one mentions that at all because most of you have no idea, you see a box score and it automatically makes you an authority on the game.

Silsbee is a good football team, but so is Huffman. For anyone to get on this board and say otherwise makes you and IDIOT!

If you want to know a little about Huffman, talk to the HC and DC of Silsbee. I believe he said, "the most physical football team he has played all season."

Get off of your high-horse, I don't believe anyone said any squad  wasn't good.  As far as the Silsbee folks, we have seen quicker and more physical opponents this season and a lot of last night was the fault of our kids making some poor decisions.  That doesn't take anything away from Huffman.  They played hard.

Guest tigersvoice

You know it is disheartening it is for someone to come on here and say that someone must have played bad, that is the only way the game was close.

Indeed the Falcons are and were physical. The Tigers QB, Johnson, will normally get 60 - 70 yards on the ground in the game.  Huffman pretty well shut his running down last night.  Also, many teams are surprised by Johnson's speed - not Huffman, they were prepared for it and pursued very well.  Sorry you were offended by some of the posts but "Idiot" is a bit strong, don't you think?  On the other side of the ball, seems like all the Falcon running backs were very tough to bring down.  They really bounced off our tacklers and seldom went down on the first hit.  Huffman had had a couple of big pass plays (one for a touchdown) but if that part of the offense could be sharpened up, the Huffman offense would be veru hard to stop.  When I say sharpened up I have in mind the roll-out pass play at the north goal line where the receiver was wide open and the QB missed him.  Given that completion, it could have been the coffin sealer.  Was there, saw the game, in fact, broadcast the game on SETXsports.com so I'm not reading a box score for my opinions.  How did I do?

Cool it insidetrap. One thing you need to know is Silsbee fans are a class act, Tiger90 and tigervoice will not get on here and talk about another opponent in a negative way just like most every Tiger fan. What we will do is get on here and tell how we felt about our team and the game. Both defenses played good and Silsbee offense left a lot to be desired, most of that was because Huffman was on the other side but some was because we made mental mistakes in the game. I'm guessing Huffman played a good game on offense, Huffmans fans have not said otherwise, and you still lost. I know it is dishearten in thinking you have the game won and then lost in the last seconds, we had games like that early in the year, but that's football. Good luck next year, Huffman. Go Tigers!!!

Guest Silsbee88

TRAP,

Open mouth removes all doubt!!!!

I apologize if I offended anyone on this board. Huffman had PLENTY of opportunities to put this game away, more so than Silsbee. The two fumbles in the third killed them.

I am sure that Silsbee had mental errors during the game, but Huffman, I am also sure did not play a perfect game either.

I just get tired of everybody saying the reason that the game was close was because of Silsbee's mistakes. I have seen Huffman play and I have seen Silsbee play and they both gave each other a great game.

Huffman's running game lived up to its billing and Silsbee passing game was the difference. I think that the wind played a big factor. Maybe Silsbee would have been able to throw the ball better, maybe Huffman could have gotten another score in the third.

Hickman new in the 4th that Huffman could not throw the ball into the wind and packed people in the box. Huffman was unable to switch the field position and it cost them on the last drive.

BOTH teams deserve credit, not EXCUSES!

Silsbee's Coaches are class acts, we can agree on something!

Guest Silsbee88

I apologize if I offended anyone on this board. Huffman had PLENTY of opportunities to put this game away, more so than Silsbee. The two fumbles in the third killed them.

I am sure that Silsbee had mental errors during the game, but Huffman, I am also sure did not play a perfect game either.

I just get tired of everybody saying the reason that the game was close was because of Silsbee's mistakes. I have seen Huffman play and I have seen Silsbee play and they both gave each other a great game.

Huffman's running game lived up to its billing and Silsbee passing game was the difference. I think that the wind played a big factor. Maybe Silsbee would have been able to throw the ball better, maybe Huffman could have gotten another score in the third.

Hickman new in the 4th that Huffman could not throw the ball into the wind and packed people in the box. Huffman was unable to switch the field position and it cost them on the last drive.

BOTH teams deserve credit, not EXCUSES!

Silsbee's Coaches are class acts, we can agree on something!

Much better post, Silsbee has played much better offense then they showed last friday night.  Some of their play can and should be attributed to the Huffman D and their ability to put pressure.  Yes, some of it is attributable to the wind.  I will say that I thought Huffman was much weaker than they actually are.  They had alot of heart and determination.  Enough that my Tigers almost lost the game.  Silsbee's D did step up when it counted and made some great stands in the end.  Our D has been getting better and better, and they played very well considering the loss of one of our D-lineman that hurts.  I do not mean to take away from Huffman, just know more about my team than Huffman.  Good luck next year!!!!  NOW TIGERS GO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS THIS WEEK!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder