**Lumberton at Nederland/28-14 Lumberton Wins/Comments

I saw all the Dayton fans at the game and they were all high fiving each other after the game.  One of them made a gesture like "We just got Lucky, I'm glad we dont have to play them next week!"

I'll take my crow as well but at least make mine rare.  Don't kid yourself either...we'd have been MORE THAN HAPPY to end your playoff run at 1 game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw all the Dayton fans at the game and they were all high fiving each other after the game.  One of them made a gesture like "We just got Lucky, I'm glad we dont have to play them next week!"

I'll take my crow as well but at least make mine rare.  Don't kid yourself either...we'd have been MORE THAN HAPPY to end your playoff run at 1 game.

Let's see, four weeks to a possible rematch? That gives me plenty of time to search the roads for some fresh crow to serve you and B.M.F. at our tail gate then, of course I expect reciprocation if you're guys stomp us......lol. Wait, I'll bring extra juuuuust in case.  ;)

28 long days to wonder.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

All I can say is WOW! Those boys really wanted to win and it showed with the way they played. This was a whole team effort. Hanna had a monster game and give the O-line a lot of credit for dominating. Receivers came up with some big catches tonight. The D-Line was all over Bellows chasing him down all night long.Secondary stepped up big again when needed at critical moments. I think Kyler Keith #10 picked off his 7th INT of the year tonight which would tie him with Dustin Harris of Livingston for the district lead in int's. Hughes did a great job managing the game...Latino had a big hit as usual. Murril was a beast. I could go on and on about all of the players on this team that contributed. This was a team effort. A lot of these boys were playing both ways all night...it was really impressive. The Lumberton fans were rocking the dogpound tonight. We were getting really loud pumping them boys up. Was a clean game, Ned was classy and good luck to the Dogs in the playoffs next week.

I'll say it again, the Lumberton crowd was the best we've seen.  Their student section was awesome especially, those kids stood the whole game... something special going on in Lumberton that nobody else in this district has.

i have to say that nobody has rivaled our crowd until tonight, not even png, but ned always shows up.

probably 5 thousand fans each side. hard fought game , one of the better teams we have faced. about

400 fans shows up at the school with lights flashing,horns blarring, then about12 emergency vehicles,

police ,ems, firetrucks with horns blarring to welcome these young men home after an hard fought game.

district champs aint that bad for a small school ( about 1020 kids) in hardin county. now about the one

lhs poster complaining about fan support, we probably ave. 5 thousand fans at home & away the past

3 games, with plenty of hollering going on,so rest that thought please. anyway congrats to big ned.

playoffs await, so regardless of  your teams issues,  back them young men, wich i know u will, & make

a nice run in the playoffs. really, good luck to them dawgs,man another year in the playoffs, thats

awesome.  to those raiders,the home of the l-train,  keep it going guys, we are so proud of these young men. to our coaches,a very fine job men, well done. things have changed rapidly, u guys are a big part

of the reason why, the least i can do is back u up , & show my support after every game . thanks

love them raiders.

ps looks like anthony will go ahead & have knee fixed (hell be back ) ;D ;D

Ball control, major rushing ydg, swarming defense, smart qb, great play calls, no turnovers......  the L-Train crowd, fans standing the whole game, air horns, high fives...Lumberton couldn't have asked for more. 

Congrats to both teams for making the playoffs.

Yeah, my only complaint was that Coach keeps letting Beard try to play.  I know he wants to be out there more than anything, but it is sad to see him so disgusted when he tries to go and he cant.  He needs to get his knee fixed.  If it is as bad as everyone is saying, it could take him a year to fully recover.  He needs to have surgery right away from the best doctors around. 

Yeah, my only complaint was that Coach keeps letting Beard try to play.  I know he wants to be out there more than anything, but it is sad to see him so disgusted when he tries to go and he cant.  He needs to get his knee fixed.  If it is as bad as everyone is saying, it could take him a year to fully recover.  He needs to have surgery right away from the best doctors around. 

I agree. I saw someone limping off onto the side early in the game, and saw it was #49.

Trust me, I was absolutely shocked. I know he wants to play, but a district championship title isn't worth a whole career.

I'll say it again, the Lumberton crowd was the best we've seen.  Their student section was awesome especially, those kids stood the whole game... something special going on in Lumberton that nobody else in this district has.

It's a good thing those aren't Silsbee kids standing the whole game and showing all sorts of school spirit. ... they might not be allowed to attend the next game ... might even be "scrubbed" perhaps? ::) ::) ::) ::):o :o :o

As far as Beard playing, the Dr. that is going to be doing his surgery said he could play as long as he could stand the pain. The damage was already done against PNG. He didn't damage his knee anymore last night. He was just in a lot of pain. The Dr. told him that he could play as long as he wore a knee brace and could stand the pain. He wanted to play and the Dr. had already ok'd it. He's done for the year and will have surgery probably around the Thanksgiving Holiday and be back in 6 months or so. He'll be completely ready for next season 100% per DR.

I know this has been asked many times, but did the Raiders actually win the distrcit title outright or is it a shared co-district title with Livingston?

I know this has been asked many times, but did the Raiders actually win the distrcit title outright or is it a shared co-district title with Livingston?

It's considered Co-District Champions.  Head to head only comes up to determine playoff seeding not championships.

My understanding is.....

In the eyes of the UIL, the "official" title will be District CO-Champions with Livingston BUT

In the eyes of football fans everywhere, it is understood Lumberton is the sole district champ since its owns the head to head with Livingston.

UIL only uses head to head match ups for playoff tie breakers and playoff seedings.

My understanding is.....

In the eyes of the UIL, the "official" title will be District CO-Champions with Livingston BUT

In the eyes of football fans everywhere, it is understood Lumberton is the sole district champ since its owns the head to head with Livingston.

UIL only uses head to head match ups for playoff tie breakers and playoff seedings.

My eyes dont see it this way but whatever floats your boat.

My understanding is.....

My eyes dont see it this way but whatever floats your boat.

Of Course You dont... but thats ok, but I bet you will find more fans who say Lumberton "Should" be District Champs because they won the head-to-head game.  I see you are still bitter about this season and wish you all the luck next year.

Its all about the U,

Glad to see #49 is going to be good for next year.  You and Your family I know are very proud of him to try and it give it a go despite all the pain he is going through.  Wish you all the best and cant wait to see him cracking some heads next year.

My understanding is.....

Glad to see a Lumberton fan acknowledge that in the eyes of football fans everywhere, it is understood Dayton was last year's sole district champ since it owns the only applicable tie breaker with Lumberton and PNG.

My understanding is.....

I just put my glasses on to see your point of view and it still came out fuzzy.  It's Co-Champs no matter how you look at it.  What is so hard for people to understand about that?  It's like the year back in the 90's that PNG shared the title with whomever and still had shirts printed that said "District Champs".  Even at the playoff game we attended in College Station I felt compelled to point out the error to some unsuspecting kool-aid drinker from Port Neches while dining out at Chili's.  ::)

My understanding is.....

Glad to see a Lumberton fan acknowledge that in the eyes of football fans everywhere, it is understood Dayton was last year's sole district champ since it owns the only applicable tie breaker with Lumberton and PNG.

Negative, Lumberton beat dayton last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder